Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posting this from my "new" PSP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Posting this from my "new" PSP

    Weee! Got some nice plans for the site now that PS1 emulation is out for the PSP. Also toying with having PSP res vids

  • #2
    Hawt!

    Comment


    • #3
      HAWT TIMES TWO TO THE POEWR OF THIA!!!!!

      *cough*

      Oh how I long for a 2.81 downgrader =(

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        Weee! Got some nice plans for the site now that PS1 emulation is out for the PSP. Also toying with having PSP res vids
        The problem I have with the PSPs playback of videos is that the resolution of the screen is very different in shape and close but not compatable in res making everything look funky. I have no idea why they didn't just make it be the screens res as the max res.

        Comment


        • #5
          Who says I wont resize videos to psp width (and therefore height)? XP

          The videos I make will look fine on it provided they are widescreen. If they are 4:3 Ill just make the height be the default psp resolution.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
            Who says I wont resize videos to psp width (and therefore height)? XP

            The videos I make will look fine on it provided they are widescreen. If they are 4:3 Ill just make the height be the default psp resolution.
            hmm, I'd have to disagree with you.

            The max video resolution for video off of the mem card on the PSP is 320240. this is 4 units of 80 by 3 units of 240.

            The actual resolution of the PSPs Screen is 480272, which isn't even true 16:9, since it's 16 units of 30 by 9.06 repeating units of 30. So, this will cause a stretch when using 16:9 content at at the highest resolution possible.

            So basically, you can't have high resolution widescreen content considering both that the max vid res is 4:3 and that the display itself is 16:9.06

            Comment


            • #7
              You can still format a widescreen video to a 4:3, when totally stretched it looks correct. Its not high res, sure, but at least its the correct aspect ratio

              Comment


              • #8
                Odd, so why is it like this eggman? If the true resolution is 480×272 then why does it default to a lower one?
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 01-18-2007, 08:31 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Odd, so why is it like this eggman? If the true resolution is 480272 then why does it default to a lower one?
                  tbh, I have no idea. I'm just as confused as you are. Maybe Sony was thinking people would buy more UMDs since their own movies(the ones made by owners) were stretched and (i'm assuming) the UMDs are full res? I only learned about this cuz I was helping someone figure out how to make the videos he had not be stretched on his psp, being the video geek I am. But it could've been fixed in a firmware update, considering I have heard no one else speak of it. Either that, or no one else was observant/cared.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yea, thats what it is. I thought I had posted, but I guess it froze hah. Sony didnt want people just converting DVDs, they wanted the moniees. It didnt work.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      SONY = FAIL

                      But yeah, Resi looks fine on a PSP when stretched...
                      Tried Resi 3 on mine the other week. It probably is stretched wider than it should be (as you can adjust the screen to fit the screen or to stay in true resolution in the method i've been using) but it looks fine when your playing it. Had a few graphical issues so far with some untextured zombies. Just looks like they're soaked in blood.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well after much deliberation and effort I'm no running Version 3.03 OE-C! I am so excited! I've only been playing Dino Crisis 2 at the moment as I only have a 1GB card and I'm working on getting a bigger one AND getting some more games on there.

                        Thanks to Dot for showing me the downgrader + new firmware and a MASSIVE thanks to Carnivol for putting up with me and helping me through it all =D

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Nemesis556 View Post
                          Well after much deliberation and effort I'm no running Version 3.03 OE-C! I am so excited! I've only been playing Dino Crisis 2 at the moment as I only have a 1GB card and I'm working on getting a bigger one AND getting some more games on there.

                          Thanks to Dot for showing me the downgrader + new firmware and a MASSIVE thanks to Carnivol for putting up with me and helping me through it all =D
                          Theres a OE-C out now?! Man i need to start looking around. Put Resi 3 on it, I've ha a few skin errors on mine - zombies are multicoloured but look mostly red,like they lost their skin o.o;;

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, but OE-C is actually a full install. You need to compile another DXAR and stuff and then go through the standard flashing. I've been playing RE3 on it for about 30 minutes and didn't notice the problems you are, though I Doubt that was fixed between OE-B and OE-C? >_>

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              possibly so, i'll check it out later on tonight, it's on the section of street outside the bar where you see Brad and collect the lighter, first time your there... The three zombies eating the guy, it's weird indeed!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X