No announcement yet.

The title that hooked You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defenately SH1 at its full graphics. I do remember one negative first feel - I died on this first action scene and I powered off psx and thought how I can fight those stupid things if I dont have a weapon. It was some time later I realized I had to die there! Shame! But other than that it is best in series and music (or should I say killer loops) also best!
    ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

Silent Hill 1 of course. Was the only one out at the time I started playing it. A friend got me into it. Resident Evil lead a lot of people to that game. Like Resident Evil, only the first 3 games were the best. Went downhill after. I tried SH4, I did not like the fact that the character would get weak towards the end of the game and easily die, or was it the girl (been a while). Near the end of the game the character was so weak that there was no way to go on past the prison, I did not like that and never played the game again. This was right after it came out I got it.

Comment

Hooked is a strong word. SH2 got my interest, SH4 killed it.

Comment

I've never played Silent Hill before. Could someone here recommend a title that will likely hook me?

Comment

The Demo that came with Metal Gear Solid was enough to get me excited for Silent Hill 1, then i bought it, i remember staying up late at night after school playing it with the blanket around me in the dark on my old tv playing it. Scared the shit outta me. I then got all the others. 2,3,4. I really disliked Homecoming, a Shattered Memories. But I like the Vita one. its not great but it is ok. Nothing beats the first 3 though....

Comment

In fact I will actually go on to say that sh1 is and always will be the best for me. Looking back on 1999 and gaming, what the hell has happened?! I don't even really play games anymore frankly. I am eagerly awaiting 1.5 because it will be great to play a re game again.

I just wish I could go back to those days and re live my glory gaming days again, it's true that I can still play sh but the first time will always be the most memorable.
              The Demo that came with Metal Gear Solid was enough to get me excited for Silent Hill 1
              Yes I remember the demo well, it was the school with the dark lights and child zombies that looked different to the finished version. Instead of what I used to call teddy bears, they actually resembled children a lot more!

Comment

For me silent hill 1 I remember being 7 when playing it 2000 and I had nightmares and no game gave me nightmares to this day but this one I love it so much, when my friends played it today he hated it and said it wasn't scary maybe it hadn't aged well but it's a shame that many people will not see this game like we did when we played it.

Comment

Yes it is. I also think the music is scarier too than any of the later games bar 4. I found the soundtrack just as disturbing in 4 perhaps a bit more so.
                  Loads of people say sh2 is the scariest and best, well I don't think so. Sh1 scared me the most when I first played the demo, and then later the release. I think of it like the argument between terminator 1 and 2. T2 has better effects and more action, but T1 has more horror and is considerably darker. Sh1 is definately a darker game.

Comment

The first Silent Hill game I played was Silent Hill 4: The Room when I was 9. It gave me some pretty messed up nightmares lol.

Comment

Walter Sullivan should have been in SH2. He was the only villain I ever really cared for in that series.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Silent Hill 1 hooked me. Its still my favorite one out of the whole franchise.
                        sigpic
                        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Although I only played the Silent Hill demo which came with Metal Gear Solid, it was Silent Hill 2 that blew my mind. I still regard it as one of the best games ever made...somewhere in my top 10 of all-time...

Comment

I got hooked with Silent Hill 2. Probably the best in the series by far. Shame that this series is nothing but "B Grade" now. It used to be "A Grade", if you get what I mean.
                            Visit the Resident Evil 1.5 wiki and contribute to (Hopefully), a central zone for all 1.5 info.

Comment

Originally posted by VGBB View Post
                              I got hooked with Silent Hill 2. Probably the best in the series by far. Shame that this series is nothing but "B Grade" now. It used to be "A Grade", if you get what I mean.
                              It's indeed a shadow of it's former self. Last Silent Hill title I enjoyed was Shattered Memories on the Wii.

Without Akira Yamaoka there's nothing Silent Hill left anymore...

Comment

Silent Hill 1 scared the shit out of me when it came out ha, that game is still amazing. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are both great as well, The Room is alright...... It's the last real S.H. game. I stopped caring after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X