No announcement yet.

The ghost in the Prison (Sh2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ghosts in the prison was one scary moment, figured that you can kill them during the first walkthrough. This Ghost actualy simbolise Walter Sullivan, that was imprisoned after killings he made and killed himself finishing his blody ritual of 21 sacraments. That is why he's saying "ritual". Besides there is a story that there was actualy the model of this ghost but it was banned by censors just like the first model of baby monsters in SH1 school.
    The figure that is tortured by Valtiel is actually Lisa the nurse from SH1, that what heppened to her after she was sucked into Alessa's world.
    I know a lot about SH and hiden simbols in it, If have any questions ask me. I would like to help.
    "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

yeah i thought when i heard it say ritual that it maybe had something to do with Walter Sullivan.
      Aw i like Lisa

Comment

Everybody does, espesually after appearing of ofissial artwork were she is naked. Konami made the same with Sniper Wolf too.
        "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

So the ghost is a remnant of Walter? Interesting idea. Not sure it makes perfect sense, however, since I believe Walter was up and about during Silent Hill 2...unless it's literally a remnant, a memory and nothing else. He wasn't the last sacrafice for the 21 Sacraments, after all, and it's a safe bet the grave you find isn't his real grave.

Comment

Well it is idea of the developers actually. And as you said, yes it a memory of James about Walter, that meterialised in that prison, that is actualy a museum and Walter have never been there in real live. Everything that we see ih SH2 are a twisted and materialised (For Sunderland spesifecly) fealings, fears and memories of the games main protagonist. Like ritual of Sullivan, about what he only onse read in a newspaper, or the folse grave, because he thought that Walter must be burried somewere near the preason.
            P.S.
            I hope I explaned everything in understandble way?

Comment

Yeah, it was understandable, and makes sense. Would you happen to have a link to the interview or article where the developers mention that though? I always thought they tried to avoid answering questions on the nature of Silent Hill so people could choose for themself. It would be interesting to see some solid answers.
              Last edited by Darkmoon; 06-13-2008, 04:55 AM.

Comment

All that extra info was taken from Silent Hill Plot Analisis by a brilliant fan SilentPyramid. He and some other fans made the most perfect analysis of all that is SH based and was released to the world but before Origins. But it is in russian and it is so giant that I even afraid to think about translation. So I can give you the link to the site, there are some english speaking threats so you can ask for yourself if there is a translated version of analysis. Or you can ask me some questions by PM I will try to answer them.
                link to the forum:
                http://www.silenthill.ru/forum/index.php
                link to the site:
                http://www.silenthill.ru/

Comment

ooh where is the secret grave on silent hill 2? ive probs seen it but i aint played that game for sooo long cant remember anything from it

Comment

Ok, so do you remenber the location just after the prison, there is a graveyard with your garve, so in order to continue you have to jump in to your grave. On that graveyard is Walter's imaginary grave.

Comment

oh of course ive seen it yeah, haha

Comment

SH is a great game. You can play it again and again and always find something new for yourself.

Comment

yeah i noticed that like in number 2 if you explore the streets you can find notes all over the place asking for help and telling people to give up hope and stuff

Comment

And all of it have some hidden sense. Damn, I like SH.

Comment

I know ive banged on that i like origins but i finally thought of something i dont like,
                              how you are limited to one section of the town an dont really have the freedom to move around to explore

Comment

Actually it was in SH games. Or you were talking about the whole series?

Comment

Working...
                                X