Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD Collection's 1.01 patch didn't do anything and Pyarmid Head's cutscene is edited?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rombie
    replied
    So I called around the stores today to see who had the HD collection (and Downpour) and was told by all stores the stock, as expected, was low. Most stores got 3 copies only, one store was lucky to have 5 (this is both games, the distributer sucks ass).

As I may have mentioned on here if I buy at EB they give me 7 days to return. Their price was the same as everywhere on the standard price, so $89NZD. But then I rang the Australian company JB-Hi-Fi who have one store here. They just so happened to be having an Easter sale of 20% off all stickered stock, which includes new releases. So considering I was buying the HD collection and Downpour (RRP $119.95), I said fuck it and purchased it there. I'm fine saving the 20% on the total.

Between the two games I saved around $40 and I can always take the game back in next week and they'll buy it back for only around $5 less than I paid for it with the 20% off because copies are so damn rare.

So I'm off to see the pain of this HD collection by my own eyes. Wish me luck. :p

Leave a comment:

• Smiley
    replied
    So just to recap:

Leave a comment:

• MeanBob
    replied
    Wow just had the chance of reading over the differences/bugs in the MGS HD Collection. I knew about the mispelling of "Gorge Sears" after you guys mentioned it to me, but wow, didn't realize any of those other things.

In case you guys are curious, GameTrailers review of SH: HD is up:
    IGN’s home for the latest game trailers, including new gameplay, cinematics, announcements, and reveals. Subscribe to stay up to date and get notified when new trailers arrive, that includes during events like Nintendo Directs, Sony State of Plays, E3, The Game Awards, Gamescom, and more. Check out our playlists for trailers coming to your preferred gaming platforms like PC, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. For more content, visit IGN.com or check out our other channels: IGN - https://www.youtube.com/IGN IGN Games - https://www.youtube.com/IGNGames IGN Guides - https://www.youtube.com/c/IGNGuides IGN VR - https://www.youtube.com/IGNVR IGN Movie Trailers - https://www.youtube.com/IGNMovieTrailers This is only a small taste of the videos and content available from IGN. Get more, visit http://www.ign.com

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Spencer
    replied
    Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    Jokes on you then... I waited until I finished my game of Twisted Metal before I checked.... ha.. ha.. ha.... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :p

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Jokes on you then... I waited until I finished my game of Twisted Metal before I checked.... ha.. ha.. ha.... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :p

Still undecided if I should pick this up or not. I'm thinking of buying it from EB over here because we still have the 7 day return policy, then if I really am annoyed with it I can return it for full credit. I try not to go there because they cost too much but this might be the perfect reason to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Spencer
    replied
    I was going to message and tell you it directly via PSN, Rombie. But I couldn't be arsed to type using the controller and I thought it would be amusing to distract you from your game of Twisted Metal and make you load up the forums to check the post yourself.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-03-2012, 02:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Aside from changing two lines to "correct things" in SH3 no edits were made. The changes are glitches in the PS3 version.

Cheers Mr Spencer, between this and the George/gorge thing I swear I am getting more forgetful in my old age.

Leave a comment:

• ylj619
    replied
    Silent Hill is not Silent Hill if they edit the disturbing and absurd scenes. I mean they are part of the fear and mind fuckingness of the game. I don't feel the emotion, the atmosphere of the scene as well with the new voice actors. :/

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Spencer
    replied
    Smiley - I think the missing lice bug might be fixed in the UK PS3 version which is why I'm struggling to recall that they were gone. Next time I pop the game in I'll check.

I couldn't play MGS3 without the pressure sensitive buttons, and some of the VR Missions in MGS2 would almost be unplayable in my mind (like when you have to do hold up with a M4 or AK47 and need to be light on the pressure).
    I can confirm that the lice are still absent in the PAL UK version of MGS2 HD for the PS3.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Smiley - I think the missing lice bug might be fixed in the UK PS3 version which is why I'm struggling to recall that they were gone. Next time I pop the game in I'll check.

I couldn't play MGS3 without the pressure sensitive buttons, and some of the VR Missions in MGS2 would almost be unplayable in my mind (like when you have to do hold up with a M4 or AK47 and need to be light on the pressure).

Leave a comment:

• Smiley
    replied
    Not to my knowledge, and from what I understand the 3DS version has the most changes done to it.

Leave a comment:

• Dracarys
    replied
    Does Snake Eater 3DS keep the vampire nightmare? Kojima actually worked on that one right?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Spencer
    replied
    The achievement list for the 360 version is incomplete, there are achievements missing which are in the PS3 version. Just another thing I've noticed.

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    Upon further checking I realized that I made a mistake. The secret theater from MGS3 was removed. The demo theater from MGS2 is in tact.
    I'm glad you checked it though, someone else might have gotten it wrong.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-01-2012, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Smiley
    replied
    I was trying for ages to work out what wasn't sitting right with me on that intro... I knew something was different but couldn't put my finger on it. Such a simple change and it has such a big impact on it. LOL

Does that attachment with the sea lice happen every time? I remember reading that sometimes they don't appear and other times they do. Same with something to do with the ropes the soliders use in the opening to come off the helicopters not always appearing.

Regarding the nightmare minigame, whats more saddening is the codec conversation with Paramedic is still in there where she talks about Vampires when you go save and is the reason for the nightmare to take place. Why that wasn't included but shown in that trailer is odd but maybe they had some technical problems that held it back from being able to be included. I'm surprised no one has asked Kojima about it yet.

The loss of the Skateboarding isn't a great deal, it was a glorified demo for Konami's terrible skating game.... but isn't the Demo Theater in MGS2? There is a trophy for changing Solidus to Rose in the game in the final cutscene. I know they removed the Secret Theater in MGS3, but thats probably because those scenes were pre-rendered. Which was a shame too because they were frickin awesome.

Those European glitches are entirely down to playing the HD game in Standard Def too, which is just obviously a poor overlook no one thought about. As I mentioned it also affects 2 trophies in Snake Eater. Snake Eater's frame rate occassionally chugs in places (although the fact it's faster than it's been before obviously thats not bad), and in the occassional cutscene water reflection textures act weird. MGS2 still suffers slowdown in the same places the PS2 one did as well. You can force that in the holds in the tanker if you use the tranq rounds on all the marines for example.

It's likely going to be Bluepoint doing ZOE, if it's not Kojima would use Genki who did the Peace Walker HD edition. He's too controlling of stuff with his name on it to let something like the SHHD debacle take place. I think people have been quite pissed that Konami probably could have waited on the SH set and gotten Bluepoint to do it with a better outcome.

The one HD set that has surprised me so far was the Tomb Raider one, a friend of mine purchased it for cheap and I had a go at it. One game was already obviously a PS3 title but the 2 PS2 ones were quite well done. Nothing as good as GoW or anything, but much better than they probably deserved. lol
    The lack of lice is only in the PS3 version. My brother has the HD Collection on 360, and the lice are there. This is another sad case of the 360 version prevailing. I will say I prefer playing MGS3 on the dualshock 3 because of its pressure sensitive buttons when you perform cqc or throat slitting. On 360 the layout is different and you need to click the analog for instance to do some of these moves.

Upon further checking I realized that I made a mistake. The secret theater from MGS3 was removed. The demo theater from MGS2 is in tact.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    I was trying for ages to work out what wasn't sitting right with me on that intro... I knew something was different but couldn't put my finger on it. Such a simple change and it has such a big impact on it. LOL

Does that attachment with the sea lice happen every time? I remember reading that sometimes they don't appear and other times they do. Same with something to do with the ropes the soliders use in the opening to come off the helicopters not always appearing.

Regarding the nightmare minigame, whats more saddening is the codec conversation with Paramedic is still in there where she talks about Vampires when you go save and is the reason for the nightmare to take place. Why that wasn't included but shown in that trailer is odd but maybe they had some technical problems that held it back from being able to be included. I'm surprised no one has asked Kojima about it yet.

The loss of the Skateboarding isn't a great deal, it was a glorified demo for Konami's terrible skating game.... but isn't the Demo Theater in MGS2? There is a trophy for changing Solidus to Rose in the game in the final cutscene. I know they removed the Secret Theater in MGS3, but thats probably because those scenes were pre-rendered. Which was a shame too because they were frickin awesome.

Those European glitches are entirely down to playing the HD game in Standard Def too, which is just obviously a poor overlook no one thought about. As I mentioned it also affects 2 trophies in Snake Eater. Snake Eater's frame rate occassionally chugs in places (although the fact it's faster than it's been before obviously thats not bad), and in the occassional cutscene water reflection textures act weird. MGS2 still suffers slowdown in the same places the PS2 one did as well. You can force that in the holds in the tanker if you use the tranq rounds on all the marines for example.

It's likely going to be Bluepoint doing ZOE, if it's not Kojima would use Genki who did the Peace Walker HD edition. He's too controlling of stuff with his name on it to let something like the SHHD debacle take place. I think people have been quite pissed that Konami probably could have waited on the SH set and gotten Bluepoint to do it with a better outcome.

The one HD set that has surprised me so far was the Tomb Raider one, a friend of mine purchased it for cheap and I had a go at it. One game was already obviously a PS3 title but the 2 PS2 ones were quite well done. Nothing as good as GoW or anything, but much better than they probably deserved. lol
    Last edited by Rombie; 04-01-2012, 02:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X