RIP Robin Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Loved him messing around in the 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' music video from the late 80's. So cheesy yet true.

Leave a comment:

• J0shuaKane
    replied
    everyone seems to ignore that giving in to drugs and alcohol for decades probably made his health worse, in all aspects.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    He'd been fighting depression for years, combined with Parkinsons isn't a good thing. After a lifetime of being able to do so many amazing things, having your body stop working properly because your nervous system is degenerating is honestly terrifying.

This is always why he relapsed on alcohol/drugs(not sure which) int he past few years according to hsi family.

Leave a comment:

• Branden_Lucero
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Robin Williams wife just announced that he had Parkinsons. I guess now we know why he made the choice he did.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ro...fe-1201283014/
    what a rather poor choice in my opinion, my dad has Parkinson's and even had a bad case of Pnemonia over a month ago. over 10 years older if i might add. Robin even checked himself into rehab just barely a few months ago, even stating that it was the best course of action for him. so either the Parkinson's was really bad, which i dont believe, because he's no where in the stage of what my dad is, or the depression was really bad, and i'd like to believe the latter.

Leave a comment:

• Johan Liebert
    replied
    This death really rocked me to my core and I guess it's because Robin Williams was a such a strong presence during my childhood. Aladdin is one of my fav Disney movies and Mrs Doubtfire became an important movie for me during my parents divorce. A good portion of his filmography and stand-up work has entertained and moved me in some way that I feel the need to commemorate his passing in some way. I've already made a donation to a parkinson's charity (if you didn't know it seems that he was diagnosed before his death) and I'm probably gonna make a custom calendar here for my personal memories of him, listing all the great roles he had played over his storeyed career, such as this scene from Patch Adams which I feel is the perfect sign off:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Patch-Adams-quotes.gif
Views:	1
Size:	414.4 KB
ID:	403739
    Last edited by Johan Liebert; 08-15-2014, 02:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Yeah, so much amazing talent loss this year...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So he was already a wreck and had no chance, just like bob hoskins....

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Robin Williams wife just announced that he had Parkinsons. I guess now we know why he made the choice he did.

Robin Williams had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease and was also struggling with anxiety and depression, his wife Susan Schneider revealed on Thursday. “Robin’s sobriety was intact,” she said in the new statement. “He was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson’s Disease, which he was […]

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Its only natural to grieve, especially as he's barely been gone a day. This is generally how things go.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 08-12-2014, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Branden_Lucero
    replied
    so he's dead. instead of mourning in grief and sorrow over his death, you should all be watching his films instead and be having a good time. i'm pretty sure that's what he would want.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Still kind of in shock, too.

Reading some interesting stories from people who had met him on Reddit.

This one really stood out:
    "This sucks.

Robin Williams was an awesome guy.

17 years ago, my Dad's dad killed my grandma and then himself in a drunken rage. We held a massive service at the church my dad's mom attended in San Francisco. It was obviously a hard night for my dad. My parents stayed late in the city to clean things up and spend time with family. It was about 2:30 AM when we finally started making our way home, but before leaving the city, my dad wanted to stop and get a doughnut at some random doughnut shop we passed by. We all went inside, and lo and behold, Mr. Robin Williams was there, sitting in a booth eating a couple doughnuts and drinking some coffee. He noticed our well dressed, solemn looking crew walk in, and pretty quickly after we sat down to eat the delicious treats, he came walking over. Now, I admit fully that I do not remember what he said to us, but I do remember what he looked like and I remember him Introducing himself as Robin (Which is my aunts name, I think thats why it caught my attention). He ended up joining my family at our table and (as my Dad always said) he just started making pleasant conversation, which quickly turned in to him making my parents smile, and soon after he had us all laughing. I couldn't tell you what they laughed about, but I remember seeing my parents laugh and smile for the first time in weeks. My dad remembered that so fondly. He always said it was exactly what he had needed in that time, and that he appreciated the way Robin Williams went about it. It wasn't that he was a celebrity, he was just being a nice guy who saw a bunch of sad folks and realized he could probably make a difference. And he did. I loved hearing my dad tell that story because you could tell that moment meant a lot to him. I'm sad he felt the need to go."

Leave a comment:

• Graco
    replied
    I'm having a hard time accepting it myself.

Leave a comment:

• aris13
    replied
    Seriously fuck this year.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Manson will never have the respect that Robin had, a funny, but flawed man who had many demons and did his best to fight them. But he recognized his problems and did his best.

Robin Williams, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Rik Mayall, James Garner,Eli Wallach, Mickey Rooney, Bob Hoskins, Shirley Temple, Sid Ceaser, Maximilian Schell, Casey Kasem, Harold Ramis, Paul Walker(not insanely talented, but a very generous and charitable dude), Make up Legend Dick Smith, and Marilyn Burns(Sally from the Texas Chainsw Massacre)...Been a rough year as we've lost some insane talent.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Scum of the earth like charles manson continue to live on, man i hate this fucking world ! RIP MY GOOD MAN...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X