Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut
    replied
    Looks amazing. Do you do any post production after rendering?
    Last edited by Coconut; 01-25-2018, 09:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• VirusPunk
    replied
    The streets of Raccoon from the 1.5 universe's perspective:

Leave a comment:

• Mikhail
    replied
    Why so much colour banding???

Leave a comment:

• VirusPunk
    replied
    Started work on a remake of the RE1 labs hallway leading to elevator and the power house but lost interest before I could complete the elevator.

Leave a comment:

• Graco
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1370.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	405010

Leave a comment:

• VirusPunk
    replied
    Feel sort of tempted to reboot my RTS game Parasite Warz, this time giving it a more realistic approach. The entire game will look as if it is being played under an electron microscope.

Leave a comment:

• chrisliam2
    replied
    Do any of you guys know how to view the 3d models from Parasite eve 1 and 2 ? I have seen people rip models from Final Fantasy 8 But I can't find anyone talking about or showing how to view the models of Aya from PE1 And PE2.

Leave a comment:

• MeganGrass
    replied
    Impressive! O_O

Leave a comment:

• VirusPunk
    replied
    Looking back at that interrogation room I did, it looks kind of shitty. Here's a chance to redeem myself with a 1.5 style lab hallway. I'm very satisfied with the outcome of this one, and bio_star's tip to blur out the textures really paid off in getting those nice Capcom style gradients (for those curious, a blur of 1.5 to 2.5 is usually sufficient).

The south wing corridor is still under construction.

This will be my last background for a long long time once finished as I want to focus my attention solely on the engine from here on.

Leave a comment:

• biohazard_star
    replied
    Do you guys know anybody who might be interested in helping out with work on pre-rendered backgrounds? VP is busy on engine-related work, so it'd be nice if we could get a second modeller to cover more ground.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7uGLRLZ.png
Views:	1
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	404771

Leave a comment:

• VirusPunk
    replied
    @Lanza, it's pretty cool you managed to single handedly do animations like that without a mocap system. I could never for the life of me even get some simple walking animation without him looking like he's got the runs haha.

Edit: I got bored a quarter into the REmake background, got bored and scrapped it. I ended up making my own interpretation of the 1.5 interrogation room, though.

15-bit:

16-bit:
    Last edited by VirusPunk; 10-15-2015, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lanzagranadas
    replied
    ^You mean replicating RE remake animations? Yes, that could be done, though at this point I wouldn't be surprised if someone found a way to extract remake's animations, if you want exactly those animations then porting/extracting from the game itself would be the best way, handmade cloning them will allways bring some differences.

Leave a comment:

• biohazard_star
    replied
    ^Those actually look pretty good. Any chance you worked on REmake-style animations as well?

Leave a comment:

• Lanzagranadas
    replied
    @ biohazard_star, VirusPunk: Ok, here's the video (just added to my signature too):

As I mention in the video description, characters models with their skeletons came all from REUC and REDC, and they were extracted by Grotesque from the TR Forums, weapons were extracted by DamianHandy, whose models can be seen on his DeviantArt gallery.

So what did I do? I turned the base skeletons into actually workable rigs for keyframing animation (added control curves, IK chains, rest positions, and other stuff to get proper control on bones).

Then I finally did the animations, that was the whole point . Since this was mainly for testing purposes, some of the animations aren't on a final stage and need polishing. I carefully worked on the rigs with a self-made script in order to allow me to copy animations between characters, this script made animation transfer work so far with every REUC/REDC human and zombie character, so as for human characters only one male and one female needed to be animated.

Leave a comment:

• SonicBlue
    replied
    Surprisingly render times are almost identical to the SI|3D's software renderer. The only difference is just on the features available, MR has more to offer.

This is a scraped picture from the GC version of REbirth, that question mark texture is SI|3D's "texture is missing" picture. So as you can see, you can achieve a wide range of quality from the same renderer, what changes are the attention to details, texture quality, mesh definition and post processing.
    So rather than concentrating in the tools to use, it's better to look on how to achieve the desired look while keeping to process manageable.

The problem with shadows in Maya's MR is that Maya Lights are the least user friendly I ever seen, leaving you with very few options to work with, not knowing the software also played a role in that result. MR needs too much efford to obtain a decent result, compared to what you can easily achieve with VRay, Arnold or Octane, if you then consider the extreme slowness, it's not worth the investment on studying it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X