No announcement yet.

Recently Seen Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just recently watched the remake of horror classic Halloween.

Ok, first off when I heard this was to be remade, I literally thought 'oh crap'. Thats usually what I think when I hear a classic is to be remade, anyway.

However, I was pleasantly surprised by this remake. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it so I'll try to keep this relatively spoiler free.

I like the way director (Rob Zombie) attempts to explain why Myers ends up the way he does. But to be honest and maybe unfairly comparing it to the original, I always preffered not really knowing why he was, the way he was. However I give Zombie credit for not basically copy & pasting the original scene by scene.

I also like Tyler Mane as Myers he does a great job and particularly scary, given his height and overall body mass.

There are also a few difference's from Carpenters original, that may suprise, shock and annoy in equal measures.

It only cost 4 pounds (lousy PS3 with no pound sign.) because it's on-demand on cable.

If you can find it for this price or abouts and you liked the original, give it a chance, you may like it.
    Finally playing 1.5. Woo-Hoo!!!

sigpic

Comment

• Good movie I thought, they should hurry up with the blu-ray version.

Comment

• I saw Session 9 for the first time recently. Some of the scenes were pretty good and Silent Hill-ish. Anyone else see it?

And Halloween is coming to Blu-ray on October 31st (I friggin' knew it *sigh*).

Next film I'm gonna watch is Batman Begins on Blu-ray when it arrives on Monday. People are complaining the PQ is soft but I don't think I'll notice too much with my 42 inch LCD.
        Last edited by Scream; 07-12-2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Session 9 is my wife's favorite horror movie. I think I have the DVD somewhere. The extras and deleted scenes are a nice bonus with that one, though, and explains a storyline they never followed through with.

Comment

• I agree with you Enigma the remake is a really good watch, remember seeing this after watching the original and comparing the pair of them this is one of them remakes that is deffo worth the watch you will not be disappointed.

Comment

• Went to see the Dark Knight this morning and wow what a blast. The last hour was nothing but on the edge of your seat action. Definitely recommend this one to anyone that wants to check out a new movie. I loved it from beginning to end.

Comment

• The Dark Knight is quite possibly my favorite movie of all time.

Comment

• Just recently watched the remake of horror classic Halloween.
                  F-ing awesome movie.

I also cringed at the thought of a remake, but when I found out Rob Zombie was directing it, I knew right away it would be a sick-ass movie. Needless to say, Mr. Zombie didn't let me down.

I always preffered not really knowing why he was, the way he was.
                  I sorta felt the same when details of the movie first surfaced, but then I came to the conclusion that on-screen serial killers with no apparent motive are so passé.

It made me both happy and sick to my stomach to find out why the fictional character Michael Myers "is the way he is", which is now something i've come to expect of horror films (detailing how and why people get the way they are). It really creates an illusion of fear, disgust and true horror for me. Strangely, I somehow find contentment in that.

The dark humour was great too - "Joe Grizzly" is now one of my all time favorite fictional characters, along side "Captain Spaulding".
                  Last edited by MeganGrass; 07-18-2008, 08:15 PM.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• One Hour Photo. Robin Williams = creepy
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• omg yeah! the dark knight was amazing ;D beats the first one in my opinion but can someone explain this:

Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by SinValentine View Post
                        omg yeah! the dark knight was amazing ;D beats the first one in my opinion but can someone explain this:

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:

Comment

• oh thanks, i had forgotten

Comment

• Dark Knight was amazing <333

Comment

• Watched Hellboy the golden army yesterday, nice movie, but the 1st impressed me more.
                              "Barry never vanished from the series. It was the series that vanished from Barry. He's inside all of us. " (C) Smiley

Comment

• I saw Wanted in theaters. It was pretty average, nothing spectacular. In fact it was closer to badly mediocre than to average. Nothing much to say about it.
                                I also saw Hellboy II and I loved it. It was really well shot and the special effects are beautiful. Del Toro is a visionary master and all the characters are extremely likable. That scene where they are drunk, singing is one of the best all year.
                                I also saw the Dark Knight. What can I say about it that hasn't been said? Flawless and amazing, you can't compare it to any other comic book film. Heath Ledger's joker is the most chilling and breathtaking villain that I can remember and really has a chance winning awards, particularly one (which he should). I like Dent's role alot since they used that character most differently than anyone else, and this is film is easily my favorite films of all time beating Goodfellas. Oh and people need to see it in IMAX since it is just a beautiful film in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X