Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, man. Your an international super tourist!

Actually they don't have to - choosing the fonts makes your windows having ability for typing words including GB, GB-2312, GB5, etc. What Dot50Cal has done is just make you read these language writing on non-Chinese Win.

Comment

• Originally posted by classic_leon View Post
      OMG, It sounds weird but I'd really wanna know how you can read my Chinese slangs. You're absolutely awesome!

Actually renvi meant "It seems Chinese is a pretty popular spoken language here" in which there's no comparison.

I think you are a Chinese living in SK, aren't you?
      我沒去過韓國呀,最多去過德國而已...我不是韓國人呀,不過愛韓國男星...權相佑,便說來自韓國而已. ..我連Seoul也沒見過呀

近來我哥哥的妻子生了一個女嬰 ( 2007 年 5 月10 日 ) ,所以我便像不見了...不過我沒死到,想不到這個生化網竟然也有人打到中文呢...想也想不到呀...我 在生化網的nickname 是「白必圖」(Bebeto)...不過你也很少會看到我了

誰說我不會看中文? 不過我不會在英文網上面打中文而已...這也不是中國網站gamesir...所以我真的不會 在eng site 上面type any chiense.

to let you know I really can read chinese,因為我真的是打到的...

RenVi seems like GameSir member but I don't know, classic_leon, I really dont know this site can read chinese or type chinese, that is why I rarely tell people, even when I am german-french girl , I can read chinese. but yes I really can read and type SOME not ALL

and I can't expect to see chinese typer in english site...that can really type chinese

and it's nice meeting u

Originally posted by classic_leon View Post
      Cool, man. Your an international super tourist!

Actually they don't have to - choosing the fonts makes your windows having ability for typing words including GB, GB-2312, GB5, etc. What Dot50Cal has done is just make you read these language writing on non-Chinese Win.
      No they are different, GB-2312 and BIG-5 are not the same text. BIG-5 is to read traditional chinese, what Hongkong people type. and GB-2312 is to read chinese typing from chinese people, from china

I can read both though

Originally posted by classic_leon View Post
      You folkers can sort it out by doing following instructions: open control panel ---> Open Regional and location option ---> "Language" tab ---> circle "Install East-Asian language" something like that, then your windows can show Chinese words to you.
      Do u know that there is an easier way to open chinese in THIA forum? but install chinese language first.

after finished...how to see GB-2312 or BIG-5?
      Ctrl+V (view)
      D (Unicode)
      M (Multiple Language)

Traditional Chinese (BIG-5) : Hongkong, TaiWan...
      Simplified Chinese (GB-2312) : China

But I can read both BIG-5 and GB-2312.

Comment

• As you said before, Speaking excellent Chinese is very very important. Ah hahahahahaha...

Yes, you were right but what I meant was they just wanted their windows show the characters and they didn't want to have functions for typing these characters.
        By the way, GB-2312, GB-18030, and GBK are codes of simplied Chinese. we simply call them GB, generally for China's mainland; Big-5 is widely used for China's mainland, China's Hong Kong city, and Chinese Tai Wan province.

I'm sure I know them all as I'm a Chinese guy originally from People's Republic of China and I had been doing computing jobs for 3 years. But I admire you, a Germany-French one who could know that much about our cultures.
        Last edited by classic_leon; 05-15-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• I do have some Hongkong and chinese friends, they teach me chinese for 10 yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arlumit View Post
            I do have some Hongkong and chinese friends, they teach me chinese for 10 yrs.
            Do you mean some Hong Kong friends of yours are not Chinese? I'm curious to know in what race they are.

Comment

• Many are chinese, taiwan, hongkong, but I do have white ppl frineds.

Comment

• OK, you meant white people taught you Chinese, right?

Comment

• I have a friend in China and she had white teachers. Its pretty cool that you guys know multiple languages. As an American I only know English. How many languages do you know?

Comment

• Originally posted by classic_leon View Post
                    OK, you meant white people taught you Chinese, right?
                    Not caucasian teach chinese, they are from my country mainly. the HK, Taiwan and china friends teach chinese for 10 yrs.

and about captain dinobot post, yes some white ppl know chinese, but they know mainly mandarin, not HK ppl's cantonese.

Comment

• My friend in China said that Mandarin would be easier than Cantonese if I wanted to learn one. So how many different languages can you speak or read?

Comment

• I heard people saying cantonese is easier!

I am german-french (born germany, parents are france), and I learn english, chinese(both cantonese and mandarin), japanese, korean, at least I know 7 lang as show, let me find...yes.

Comment

• Both Mandarin and Cantonese are merely accents or dialects of Chinese in other word they are the same language. Actually there are millions of dialects in China. It's pretty similar as other countries such as UK in that Mandarin is like London English, Contonese is like Scottish English.

Edit:
                          Originally posted by Arlumit View Post
                          I heard people saying cantonese is easier!

I am german-french (born germany, parents are france), and I learn english, chinese(both cantonese and mandarin), japanese, korean, at least I know 7 lang as show, let me find...yes.
                          Good. My place is pretty close to France and Germany. I could even get to France by my car.
                          Last edited by classic_leon; 05-18-2007, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• your place is close to france? aren't u in WuHan of China?

Comment

• 7, Thats alot of languages. Good job.

Comment

• how about u

Comment

Working...
                                X