Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeppo. Oh, by the way, I have something that might be considered German Death metal. Though a lot of their songs sound like hard german drinking rock, some of their songs are actually quite death metalish. They're called Ultima Thule and apparently, they're a neo-nazi music group but that's... okay. A few of their songs are in english though most are german. Some of their awesomer songs include Vandraren and Song of Wolfs. (Yes, 'wolfs,' not wolves.)

Comment

sweet. I shall go relentlessly pirate their neo-nazi music and listen to it at high volumes in my "ride" whilst I am "player hating"

Comment

RE3 soundtrack..But its the same as the BH one

Comment

"New Song" - Howard Jones

Comment

Vomitron - Contra medley

Kick...................... Ass. Exactly like the one I was writing, the fuckers.

Comment

"Speak Like A Child" - The Style Council

Comment

GWAR - Ham On The Bone

lol I love GWAR

Comment

Avenged Sevenfold - Beast And The Harlot

... hey Niko, you might like these guys.

Comment

I would, but I'm not a phony goth who shops at hot topic and buys into the theme!

That means no, I don't.
                    But I do like the song Chapter 4.

Comment

OUCH! Careful there.

I'm not a phony anything, and if you could even still classify me as "goth" (due to always working now, I never have time to wear my trench or any of my metal band t-shirts), I'm definitely old-school and definitely real.

I'm understanding what you mean by fakeass mallrat goths that think because they wear those huge pants with all the straps and rings and shit hanging off them that they're magically "hardcore" or "goth". And yeah, I've been to hot topic a few times, they have a good selection of cool t-shirts. Case and point, I got 3 out of 5 of my RE t's there.

Anyways, I figured since you appreciated a lot of the old school metal I'm into, you'd like A7X. I'm going to go be a poser and listen to KMFDM and Laibach on my way to work.

Comment

But AX7 ISN'T oldschool metal. It's the hardcore/scremo whiney "go shop at hot topic" false metal. My friends played a show at this coffee house where they were the ONLY good band there, where everyone else came in trying to be hatebreed and AX7 and they didn't get an OUNCE of respect because they didn't growl half the words and whine the other half. Also, they didn't have the word "broken" in their bandname and every song wasn't tuned to open C without moving off the first three frets of the E string.
                        Last edited by Nikovich; 08-09-2005, 03:42 PM.

Comment

My bands better than your band because they are HARDCORE!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Life is short guys, Why argue about bands? :rolleyes:

Comment

I'm not arguing about bands. Niko doesn't like any kind of new music, and I do. We're just making flavourful conversation.

I definitely hear where you're coming from on bands not getting any respect for not being "hardcore" because we have the same problem. My band is emo/punk/screamo, we never did hardcore right in the first place so we've taken that edge off our style. And I never cared for hatebreed. But dude, I pirated the new A7X cd and there are some WICKED guitar riffs on some of the songs and I really like about 3 of them. I don't like their singer, but I love some of their instumental stuff and some of their breakdowns. I'm using Adobe Audition right now to take the vocal track out of "Strength of the World" beacuse that song kicks ass but the vocals get annoying. But anyways, I don't know why I'm telling you this, I'm 'a go shut up and hook up my new 500 watt 5-channel Pioneer surround sound. I have way too many speakers. Eighteen speakers. God I love me.
                            Last edited by BioHazardBlade; 08-09-2005, 10:59 PM.

Comment

I don't know what you do that limits your expectency Dot, but life is LOOONG. If we have enough time to post on a forum in the first place, what else are we going to discuss?

That's the main reason I like Chapter 4, the guitar riff sounds very much like one from a good video game song, but the rest of it just doesn't make up for the genre. And I do like certain kinds of new music, just not the kind that suck.

Comment

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

After talking to Gradon loads about music and songs I'm listening to, I thought I'd make a topic about it. My music taste in general is trance, but I can easily listen to most types of music and like it. At the minute I've listened to;

Enter Shikari -Anything can happen in the next half hour
                                Bananarama - Venus
                                Ayla - Ayla (Kevin and Perry Go Large OST)
                                Safri Duo - Played A Live
                                Lost Brothers - Cry Little Sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X