Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I love the Mechanical Animals album,not one bad song on there.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I like the whole concept album thing (Mechanical Animals being the 2nd installment of the story)
    i think that album is a disappointment. there's only maybe a few selected songs on it that are worth listening, Holywood is a better album in my opinion.
    Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Current listening: Massive Attack
      Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
        i think that album is a disappointment. there's only maybe a few selected songs on it that are worth listening, Holywood is a better album in my opinion.

Well it depends on what you like. Me personally I like it when he isnt as hard rock such as Antichrist Superstar or Holywood. Hell the hardest song on MA is Rock Is Dead. MA is one of the few albums I can listen to without getting bored of it,unlike HolyWood were he tryed to go back to being dark and goth like.

Though dont get me wrong Holywood is still a good cd but to me its not a masterpeice like Mechanical Animals or Antichrist Superstar.
        Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 10-07-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Well it depends on what you like. Me personally I like it when he isnt as hard rock such as Antichrist Superstar or Holywood. Hell the hardest song on MA is Rock Is Dead. MA is one of the few albums I can listen to without getting bored of it,unlike HolyWood were he tryed to go back to being dark and goth like.

Though dont get me wrong Holywood is still a good cd but to me its not a masterpeice like Mechanical Animals or Antichrist Superstar.
          Antichrist yes, but he tried too hard with Mechanical Animals to be "shockful" with everyone thinkin' that he had a sex change and removed some of his ribs to "do himself" during that era. and plus, talking on themes of drugs and that fictional artist Omega just isn't that interesting to me.

talking about teenage rebellion, suicide, and historical themes found on Holywood - now that's more of something that i'm into. even the double tone meanings found on Golden Age sound like a much better concept than just....drugs and an alien.

The Dope Show is probably one of the worst songs he's ever made. i have no idea how the hell everyone likes it, and i really mean that. Everyone has to be on dope to like such a weak song.

He's even trying to repeat the same thing with Eat Me and High End - i skipped those two albums because they sounded horrible.
          Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 10-07-2009, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Well I like the story of Omega and such. Though I can agree on The Dope Show being a terrible song. If I get the chance to I skip that song.

Holywood like I said before Manson tried to hard to be goth again ugly again and it just didnt work out like it did with Antichrist.

Teenage rebellion and Suicide can befound on MA as well (example: Mechanical Aniamls song "im just a boy playing the suicide king")

Though his albums after HW sucked major dick. The high end of low isnt that bad though to be honest. Its like NIN's The Fragile. The first time you listen to it,meh its not that great,now the second time you listen to it its pretty fucking good.

Comment

Well I like the story of Omega and such. Though I can agree on The Dope Show being a terrible song. If I get the chance to I skip that song.

Holywood like I said before Manson tried to hard to be goth again ugly again and it just didnt work out like it did with Antichrist.

Teenage rebellion and Suicide can befound on MA as well (example: Mechanical Aniamls song "im just a boy playing the suicide king")

Though his albums after HW sucked major dick. The high end of low isnt that bad though to be honest. Its like NIN's The Fragile. The first time you listen to it,meh its not that great,now the second time you listen to it its pretty fucking good.
              the first time i listened to The Fragile, i was listening to a copy my brother had, he told me to listen to the left disc so i did. it was an easy listen but i was still barely listening to them. at the time, i only had one cd and that was Pretty Hate Machine (the original TVT that i ended up breaking). once Manson was off the Nothing Records label, his music just didn't sound as strong when Trent Reznor was participating and producing it.

Comment

• Yes I agree with that as well. I still believe Antichrist Superstar was a big success cause Trents name is ALL OVER that fucking CD.

Comment

• I apparently have really not been paying any attention to my favorite bands, because not only did I not realize Chevelle came out with a new album over a month ago, but Linkin Park's Chester Bennington is coming out with an album on Tuesday with his 'band on the side' Dead by Sunrise.

Just started listening to their album on MySpace...not bad, not great. Not sure how I feel about it.
                  Dead By Sunrise's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
                  Last edited by Vector; 10-09-2009, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Since I'm in a zombie mood..

Deicide - Homage for Satan Official Video

If there is a god, this video is significant enough to show how a real zombie outbreak would occur, through demonic possession.

Comment

• This alternate menu music was recently patched into the game. Interestingly, it deviates a fair bit from the retro '60/'70s style of the other tracks. The tr...

A good video game soundtrack? I think so.

Team Fortress 2-The Art of War

A fantastic drum based song. Anyone here should really listen to it; guaranteed you'll like it.
                      Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 10-12-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Let me take you down, 'cos I'm going to...

....Strawberry Fields.

Damn, I love this song.

Comment

• Arctic Monkeys - "Brianstorm" from 'Favourite Worst Nightmare', released 2007 on Domino Record Co.Subscribe to Arctic Monkeys on YouTube: http://bit.ly/Arcti...

Arctic Monkey's - Brainstorm

Comment

• Platters - Sixteen Tons

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• I'm listening to a cover of Coolio's Gangster Paradise by Ten Masked Men, death metal version.

He looks so cool doing those dubbed harsh death metal growls, now if only the real Coolio would try it - that would be epic.

Comment

• I'm currently listening to KMFDM's new album Blitz.

I'm pretty much into anything, except for country.

Comment

Working...
                                X