• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dracarys
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
    Except it does. Watch it and listen.

Its set in 2023 for a start, so he's not gonna be his grandson and the blog post explains who his parents were, nothing to do with Charles Bishop.

Scott hates AVP so there is not a chance in hell it connects.
    Charles Bishop is what? 50 or 60s in AvP? He could easily have a son young enough to be this Peter Bishop or old enough to be the dad of this Peter Bishop, add in 19 years since AvP is set in 2004 I think and there you go.

If this does not tie in then it isn't just AvP1/2 movies is it dishonouring but a lot of the Aliens and Predator expanded universe.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Except it does. Watch it and listen.

Its set in 2023 for a start, so he's not gonna be his grandson and the blog post explains who his parents were, nothing to do with Charles Bishop.

Scott hates AVP so there is not a chance in hell it connects.

Leave a comment:

• Dracarys
    replied
    Awesome stuff.

I love how Scott shoves two fingers up to Paul Write Shit Anderson by essentially stealing his Weyland idea and at the same time confirming AVP's status as a non-canon pile of turd.
    Except it doesn't do any of that, this could be Charles Weylands son or grandson for all we know.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Chris
    replied
    Charles Weyland in AVP and Miss Yuttani in AVP II were the only two good things in both AVPs movies. Now there isn't single good thing left. Oh and this clip, which even will not be in the moviea at all, was directed by Ridley Scott's son.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Awesome stuff.

I love how Scott shoves two fingers up to Paul Write Shit Anderson by essentially stealing his Weyland idea and at the same time confirming AVP's status as a non-canon pile of turd.

Leave a comment:

• Dark_Chris
    replied
    First viral video http://blog.ted.com/TED2023/

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
    I didnt even know there was a novelisation lol, I'll have to pick that up at some point and give it a read. was it good?
    Yeah. very good. Contains quite a few elements that are not in the finished film including a scene where the Alien ravages the food locker and the infamous scene where their attempts to blow it out of the airlock are sabotaged by Ash.

Leave a comment:

• BBboy20
    replied
    Despite all the special effects, it's almost like I went back in time watching that trailer.

Leave a comment:

• I_Am_Nemesis
    replied
    What is also interesting is that if you have read Alan Dean Foster's novelization of the first Alien, whilst in the derelict and before they find the egg chamber, Dallas comes across an empty 'urn' which may or may not be one of the structures in the ampule room.
    I didnt even know there was a novelisation lol, I'll have to pick that up at some point and give it a read. was it good?

Leave a comment:

• rehunk88
    replied
    this will be best movie of 2012 together with the hobbit and the expendables 2!!
    Last edited by rehunk88; 12-28-2011, 11:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheBatMan
    replied
    What is also interesting is that if you have read Alan Dean Foster's novelization of the first Alien, whilst in the derelict and before they find the egg chamber, Dallas comes across an empty 'urn' which may or may not be one of the structures in the ampule room.

Leave a comment:

• I_Am_Nemesis
    replied
    This just looks..........bloody incredible!
    I dont think ive been this excited for a film in quite a while. And I agree, from what ive seen in this trailer its pretty obvious that this film shares more than just "DNA" with Alien. As people have said the title sequence, music from the original Alien trailer (which i always thought was a let down when it wasn't in the film as it was very haunting, a mixture of a human scream and an alien cry), the derelict, the Alien in the chair. Most of this trailer pretty much screams prequel. Still it doesn't seem to be a direct prequel or what ever the hell it is to Alien.
    It would be quite interesting if it explored how the xenomorphs came to be on the planet but I agree that its not likely we will see any in it until atleast right at the end of the film, or maybe it will end with dallas and company arriving at the crash site of the derelict?
    EDIT having rewatched the trailer and done a bit of research it could be possible that the derelict ship in this film is actually a different ship entirely from the one in alien (different shp same model) which would explain why the planet doesnt look like LV426 and why the ship appears to be crash landing.

Alien is,to this day, my faveourite film and this film seems to use a lot of the same artwork and set designs as Alien. Im loving the choice of acting talent in this film too. Fassbender is a brilliant actor and Rapaace was great in the Dragon Tattoo series.

Also i could have sworn that one clip in the advert shows a mans space helmet covered in the Aliens acidic blood?

And while agree that the quality of Scotts movies have gone down hill in recent years Im completely confident that he can make another instant classic with Prometheus, although that is perhaps saying too much after watching just a trailer.

EDIT
    On the special features of the Alien DVD i own Dan O'bannon states that in an earlier version of the Alien script the members of the Nostromo were meant to discover an Alien pyramid which contains the Alien eggs. It appears that this film seems to be using this same idea. A fact that i found quite interesting.
    Also its possible that the man standing next to the seat is an alien. I was reading a breakdown of the trailer and they zoom in on a picture of his face and match it up to the giant stone face. You can see that the riges of both noses are the same which seems to imply that he is a part of the same species as the infamouse "Space Jockey"
    Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    I think the origins of the Aliens will be explored but I don't know whether we'll actually see one.

Leave a comment:

• Spera01
    replied
    I am beyond excited. I love how it showed the chair thing rise up from the original Alien, or at least that's what it looked like. As a huge fan of the Alien franchise, I can't wait to see what this adds. Also yeah, I don't care how much Ridley Scott wants to try to hide it, it obviously has to do with Alien. The goddamn trailer has the same music/ambiance and title graphic as the original Alien.

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    He said that the Alien DNA is in the film.
    I'm assuming it'll show their creation in the film. I'm wondering if they'll show the xenomorphs near the end of the film. Perhaps after the credits? An egg, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Aside from the mimetic trailer copying the Alien one, Fox is putting out press releases which paint it as the prequel still. I have no idea if Scott is telling the truth or not, he keeps making the DNA statement but then also saying it has next to none when obviously it does. Whatever the hell it is, it looks good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X