No announcement yet.

Post your collections here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't be bothered to even think of taking a photo, but I collect Warhammer. I have nine different armies between Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, so that's...probably thousands of tiny men and vehicles, each assembled, customized and hand-painted by yours truly. It would certainly be a huge amount of cash if I didn't buy my stuff very, very carefully. And never, ever from Games Workshop.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I can't be bothered to even think of taking a photo, but I collect Warhammer. I have nine different armies between Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, so that's...probably thousands of tiny men and vehicles, each assembled, customized and hand-painted by yours truly. It would certainly be a huge amount of cash if I didn't buy my stuff very, very carefully. And never, ever from Games Workshop.
      I'm probably wrong, but didn't some of those figures get broken a while back? If so, were you able to repair some of them?

We did have a Games Workshop in the CBD here in Sydney, though I could have sworn to hell that they had a ton of other stuff when I had looked a couple of years ago. Went in there either late last year or this year and all they had were cards and some low-quality pieces. A lot of plain wooden ones too which were absolutely overpriced.

So, I can certainly see why you wouldn't buy from that store.

Though a plus for stores of interest - when Smiley and I went for a walk from Darling Harbour over to Chinatown, we found a little asian movie/anime/figurine import store, a comic/manga/figurine store and across the road was a boardgame store where Smiley was able to pick up another expansion for the current RE card game to add to his RE collection.

I have to say, it's a shame that the stuff I collect - there was never really that much extra stuff like figurines or anything of the sort. I'm tempted to make some Demento BJDs... if only that wouldn't cost so much to do. ;
      Last edited by Enetirnel; 06-13-2012, 06:43 AM.
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Yeah, my Orcs got crushed under my TV. It was the first set of models I'd ever owned, so I was pretty heartbroken. I did manage to fix them, though, thanks to years of modeling and converting experience telling me just the right amount of super glue to use.

Comment

Working...
        X