Sherry Birkin's VA is an inspiration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherry Birkin's VA is an inspiration!

You might know her from the Magic School Bus and of course, Resident Evil 2, but did you know Lisa Yamanaka (now Jai), has become an advocate for disabled actors?

Good for her.

very cool thing for her to do. She has my praises and respect.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Eden Riegel. ;)

I can't believe Lisa Yamanaka is still around and active, though! Seems so crazy, for some reason.

Comment

I sometimes search up Lisa Jai/Yamanaka to see if she's doing anything, I was a fan, I was sad when she sort of ...dropped away, I don't think her voice 'aged' too much for Sherry, so I wonder if her 'almost quitting' impacted her decision whether to reprise the role or not. If so, that's sad =[

Exodus, Exodus Movements, I Am Not A Minority, Ctrice, Minority, Militant, Revolutionary, Activist, Poetry, Spoken Word, Hip-Hop, Freestyle
        Last edited by Kei_M; 07-09-2012, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Lisa was never asked to voice after RE2. She continued/s to work in voice on a bunch of animation shows and was in Dinocrises...She is on a new animation web series called Pillars of Freedom. She works in theater now mostly...since she is disabled she feels most welcome and comfortable in theater - she was written up in LA Weekly with a good review for her performance in a play where she was a girl with Polio, confined to a chair - so she never 'went away'...she just hasn't made much of her career because of her disability. she's rehearsing in hollywood for Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus right now.

Comment

Originally posted by akimi13 View Post
            Lisa was never asked to voice after RE2. She continued/s to work in voice on a bunch of animation shows and was in Dinocrises...She is on a new animation web series called Pillars of Freedom. She works in theater now mostly...since she is disabled she feels most welcome and comfortable in theater - she was written up in LA Weekly with a good review for her performance in a play where she was a girl with Polio, confined to a chair - so she never 'went away'...she just hasn't made much of her career because of her disability. she's rehearsing in hollywood for Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus right now.
            That's great to hear! She's very talented!

Comment

Working...
            X