X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    I played the Engrish version and was not aware that TRICELL was involved.

Which file mentions them? Maybe I missed reading it.

When the gene analysis of the newly-discovered virus approached completion, a research institute of an international pharmaceutical company offered cooperation through the route of a certain national organization.
    The English version mistranslated "international pharmaceutical company" as the "Global Pharmaceutical Consortium."

Leave a comment:

• Pikminister
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    ...it actually serves as a very nice set-up for TRICELL's position in BH5, it's just a pity that anybody who only plays the English version doesn't even know they're involved in the game at all.
    I played the Engrish version and was not aware that TRICELL was involved.

Which file mentions them? Maybe I missed reading it.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    started a topic Morgan Lansdale and TRICELL

Morgan Lansdale and TRICELL

I was thinking a bit deeper on the involvement of TRICELL in Revelations and it seems to be deeper than initially suspected. Here's the summation:

1) The Abyss was discovered by scientists from a Montpellier University marine laboratory (unfortunately, appears to be fictional... but annoyingly uses the name of several real French universities)

2) Scientists, unknown whether it was the same ones who discovered it, began genetic analysis of The Abyss. Once this was finalized, a research institute of an "international pharmaceutical company" (TRICELL) offered their cooperation through "a certain national organization" (FBC). Lansdale was an advisor to the Federation of Pharmaceutical Companies of which TRICELL was the leading company, and it seems he and TRICELL were initially working together. TRICELL suggests combining The Abyss with the t-Virus, while Lansdale supplies the Queen ships taken from Umbrella since carrying out experiments in the middle of the ocean with appropriate facilities was actually a pretty smart move aside from the fact that the virus in question was specifically geared to wipe the fucking ocean out.

3) TRICELL wanted t-Abyss for marine biological weapons production. However, Lansdale wanted to use the virus in order to expose the threat of bioterrorism and expand his own organization's authority.

4) Terragrigia happens. Lansdale stops TRICELL's own lapdog, the BSAA, from intervening. I theorize this was the point when Lansdale essentially severed himself as an advisor to the Federation, but can't confirm that at the moment. Whether Lansdale knew about Jessica being a TRICELL spy or not is unknown but it would make sense if he didn't, given her dismay at what happened to Terragrigia, since at this point, TRICELL just wanted to take over the bio-weapons market and not the whole world. So mass-murder wasn't really their game plan... yet.

5) Revelations happens. Jessica and Raymond play both Lansdale and the BSAA and by the end, TRICELL leave Lansdale out to dry.

It explains a few things for me, but Revelations still has some unknown aspects that make the story suffer as a result. I like the fact that pretty much everyone involved in the game's events are trying to out-fuck each other and it actually serves as a very nice set-up for TRICELL's position in BH5, it's just a pity that anybody who only plays the English version doesn't even know they're involved in the game at all.
    Last edited by News Bot; 11-29-2012, 08:15 AM.
Working...
X