The Tale of 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Stop blaming the RE community as a whole, it's offensive. Some of you should watch their mouth. Saying such things as "this community sucks, i'm out fucktards" is unnecessary. Even though I have nothing to do with all that drama, I feel insulted. So please do not generalize like that. There's actually a lot of people who show their support to this project, and they should not be associated in any way with the other ungrateful pests. Those do not represent the whole community.
    Please don't misunderstand - I don't think everyone here is an asshole. I just think enough of the people here are assholes to make coming here and moderating not only a chore but outright miserable on occasion.

Comment

I can understand that Darkmoon. All the shit storms alone are probably too much, right?
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

I'm sorry to hear what happened...
        My respect to those good souls who wanted to make 1.5 a reality for us all...

It's a shame that it had to reach the public under such unfortunate circumstances.
        Those cretins who broke your trust and spoiled your noble project deserve no fame, at least we know who to thank for doing the dirty work now...

In the end, we, the community, would have benefited from this had it all gone as intended, whoever thanks them for leaking the build is an asshole or just plain dumb.

People are always greedy, they want more and more without pulling a finger and lack any kind of sensibility or responsibility...
        In the end we all get less because of such people.

Entirely off-topic, I know, but I can relate to Colvin's reactions, in a way, I've got asperger syndrome and went through similar bullshit in my life, that's also the reason why I've never managed to become a real member of this community, despite loving old school Resident Evil to the point where it becomes disturbing since it first came out...
        I guess I'll stop hating on Mr Colvin now...

It's quite fascinating to be honest, all the drama that surrounds this stupid game might put Shakespeare to shame if someone turns it into a play...
        No other videogame prototype ever caused such a sensation...
        Last edited by Upaluppa; 06-02-2013, 03:28 PM.

Comment

So does that mean that we won't get other 1.5 builds (such as 80%) to make this restoration complete by Team I.G.A.S?

Thanks a lot Colvin, you screwed us over!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Please don't misunderstand - I don't think everyone here is an asshole. I just think enough of the people here are assholes to make coming here and moderating not only a chore but outright miserable on occasion.

Thanks for all the years of service DM.

Well, that just about does it for all the friends I ever had on here.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

@Joehrex
              Pretty sure that he's not solely responsible for any cock ups IGAS might've endured. There were already leaks of their content a year ago, with people leaking early test renders of some of their rooms, dropping out screenshots of the game up and running, etc.. before they'd even announced/revealed anything to the public (which resulted in people instantly trying to monitize the situation and scam people -- man, some people just make me sad.)

Who knows, though, maybe people are lucky and someone believes in second chances or something. Question is of course whether or not people ever will learn

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
              making up a name to match behavior patterns is pointless. at best you are classifying and treating symptoms instead of the problem. and if there is not one, you are making one by giving these things a name.

my dude gump is a video game genius. he beat kaizo mario 1&2 in a week. i would trust him with my life, but i would not trust him to hold a glass of water. he can't focus on anything but video games and cooking. a super-klutz. i don't see anything wrong with that.

the things you mention are things everyone deals with. no matter how one acts.

you don't have honest emotions and severe cravings? sounds boring...

"It's understandable that it can be a lot to swallow and hard to imagine, but not everyone's capable of dealing with people that has a condition like that."
              i think this has more to do with ones comfort zone. by that i mean the people that can't deal.
              Your post pretty much indicates that you clearly do not have sufficient knowledge of the subject or exposure to a person with it to make any sort of statements regarding the condition that wont just come off as you being anything but ignorant and uneducated on the subject. (You've just been exposed to attempts to give you a basic rundown on it).

But, yeah, I can agree to this one thing you at the start of your post; There's a problem with people looking desperately for a symptom or getting themselves diagnosed with condition X or Y as a means for identifying themselves, creating a problem for the sake of having one that'll make them feel unique. But then again, the way you come off on the subject of these actual problems, I guess the solution for people suffering from bipolarity is to just "get a grip," just like I'm sure people with things such as asperger, alzheimer, schizophrenia, downs, etc. should too. You know, just stop acting like a retard - as life's no different for them.
              Last edited by Carnivol; 06-02-2013, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                I just think enough of the people here are assholes to make coming here and moderating not only a chore but outright miserable on occasion.
                Then why don't you guys pass the torch to a few new moderators? Some very active and young users like newsbot would be more than capable at moderating these forums. I can think of a few others as well. If you guys aren't enough in numbers, there are always solutions. Don't wait until you feel like shutting the whole place down, I don't think it would be a good idea. There's a real community here.

Comment

Sorry double post, please delete.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

While I don't agree with the actions Colvin took, now knowing the truth I can sympathise with his actions, and if people think about this for a second they can understand why. Bipolar-I disorder is a nightmare to live with, an absolute nightmare and anyone who tries to suggest that everyone has a form of bipolar simply hasn't got a clue. Mania can make you do some truly bizarre things, it can give you new obsessions and the compulsion to spend large amounts of money to support those obsessions, it can give you delusions and the compulsion to act in out of character ways to live out those delusions, it can make you in able to think clearly and prevent you from making decisions out of good judgement, it really messes with your life and it unfortunately effects everyone around you. I'm not really ashamed to admit that I suffer from bipolar disorder, it's not necessary to do so, but I think it's alright to share especially seeing how many people in the community actually suffer from it and the current levels of ignorance floating around in this thread.

Anyway, to those who spent the years of dedication, the large amounts of money and the many hours of work to make this a reality for everyone, my thanks goes out to you.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                      Some very active and young users like newsbot would be more than capable at moderating these forums. I can think of a few others as well.
                      Haha, I've probably been in more arguments than pretty much anyone in the history of this site. I'd never abuse mod powers, but I'd probably be moderated myself more often than not.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

8 000$? if u guys invest 15$ into my game, I promise you will have a good RE like time:
                        drossgame.com

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                          8 000$? if u guys invest 15$ into my game, I promise you will have a good RE like time:
                          drossgame.com
                          i saw ur veedeo, looks like RE outbreak!

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                            i saw ur veedeo, looks like RE outbreak!
                            It's COMPLETELY coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                              drossgame.com
                              For a second there I thought you said $15,000 lol, I was going to say it better for that price haha.

Comment

If someone could remake Outbreak on a mere $15k, I'd gladly provide the funds and hook ups and do whatever it'd take to make it happen through proper channels. ;D
                                Last edited by Carnivol; 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X