The Tale of 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    Your post pretty much indicates that you clearly do not have sufficient knowledge of the subject or exposure to a person with it to make any sort of statements regarding the condition that wont just come off as you being anything but ignorant and uneducated on the subject. (You've just been exposed to attempts to give you a basic rundown on it).

But, yeah, I can agree to this one thing you at the start of your post; There's a problem with people looking desperately for a symptom or getting themselves diagnosed with condition X or Y as a means for identifying themselves, creating a problem for the sake of having one that'll make them feel unique. But then again, the way you come off on the subject of these actual problems, I guess the solution for people suffering from bipolarity is to just "get a grip," just like I'm sure people with things such as asperger, alzheimer, schizophrenia, downs, etc. should too. You know, just stop acting like a retard - as life's no different for them.
    i do, i was diagnosed with it on 2 separate occasions and have spent alot of time on the matter, never mind all the people i have met that also have it. alzheimer and down syndrome are physical problems and have nothing to do with how one thinks.

i have multiple personalities (4 distinct ones) and schizophrenia. i use martial arts to deal. i was not talking about anything but bipolar. and everyone i have ever spent time with enough to get to know could easily be diagnosed with it.

and i wouldn't put it like get a grip or just stop acting retarded, more like find a way to deal with yourself, which is one of the hardest things anyone has to do.

Comment

Such a shame that 1.5 is a black pearl; even now when the IGAS release is so close and the wait will be over, bad circumstances and misfortune always arise when it's involved.

Hopefully there will be much better days ahead once IGAS release their final version. I've seen it happen in the Nirvana collectors community in regards to an item similar to 1.5. This will be part of the game's nostalgia. (For better or worse.)
      Last edited by Graco; 06-02-2013, 05:49 PM.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

So..does this revelation of sorts change much around here? Is the project in any way harmed by this? Are the mods really that vexed by all the members? Is everyone leaving to another site? Can I come?

Comment

Sad to see that people cannot be trusted with things (colvin, etc). Indeed it is a shame that 8000$ was payed and some little bipolar guy decided to have a manic day(if you are bipolar mr. grass I don't mean to offend you) and be a dumbfuck for e-pride. It's nice to know the story at the least. History is important. Though usually these things should never be said(just my opinion, as it's no one's business really. Sad to see it go this way, Ily dark moon)

Somebody is trying to leak the Vanilla build now? Haven't heard of that yet, god save me when I read the megathread and see all the drama that has ensued since my last visit.

Hah the vultures on the other forum are starting to circle the skies
          Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

its still a bit early to say, but i think all this talk of a leak was just that, talk. I hope it doesn't come through.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
              its still a bit early to say, but i think all this talk of a leak was just that, talk. I hope it doesn't come through.
              It certainly does seem like a bluff, either that or someone found a conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                Entirely off-topic, I know, but I can relate to Colvin's reactions, in a way, I've got asperger syndrome and went through similar bullshit in my life, that's also the reason why I've never managed to become a real member of this community, despite loving old school Resident Evil to the point where it becomes disturbing since it first came out....
                I definitely consider you a worthwhile member - I remember back when those Bio1 betas were released; you had some pretty good input.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                While I don't agree with the actions Colvin took, now knowing the truth I can sympathise with his actions, and if people think about this for a second they can understand why. Bipolar-I disorder is a nightmare to live with, an absolute nightmare and anyone who tries to suggest that everyone has a form of bipolar simply hasn't got a clue. Mania can make you do some truly bizarre things, it can give you new obsessions and the compulsion to spend large amounts of money to support those obsessions, it can give you delusions and the compulsion to act in out of character ways to live out those delusions, it can make you in able to think clearly and prevent you from making decisions out of good judgement, it really messes with your life and it unfortunately effects everyone around you. I'm not really ashamed to admit that I suffer from bipolar disorder, it's not necessary to do so, but I think it's alright to share especially seeing how many people in the community actually suffer from it and the current levels of ignorance floating around in this thread.

Anyway, to those who spent the years of dedication, the large amounts of money and the many hours of work to make this a reality for everyone, my thanks goes out to you.
                I knew there was a reason I liked your posts. You've got a good head on your shoulders, geluda.

Originally posted by curse420 View Post
                manic day(if you are bipolar mr. grass I don't mean to offend you)
                None taken.

If I became known as 'that manic guy', I guess I could deal.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                  more like find a way to deal with yourself, which is one of the hardest things anyone has to do.
                  For 15$ going towards my game, I can surely help solve that.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
                    But if someone out of the team and completely neutral decides to leak the vanilla build from their own source, is it looked upon as 'bad' and 'against the $ whoever paid for it'?

What if someone themselves paid an amount out and decides to dump it, there isn't really anything nor anyone could do about it.
                    Sounds like a Robin Hood could be at bay. Haha

Comment

But you know what. Something very powerful such as having the first build or copy of the RE 1.5 game shouldn't even exist. It leads to having jealousy and enemies. I feel as though as this project keeps getting closer to its final stage, more obstacles will keep getting in the way. I really want to thank the team for actually disregarding all the negativity and still finishing the build. Much respected. As a young kid back when the RE was first released, I knew I will always be hooked on. And when I first saw the RE "1.5" teasers, I just had to play it. And again thank you for taking your time and everyone's effort into make this a reality

Comment

Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
                        And here we go again with people getting pissed at others for leaking a beta "they dont own" when its not their property to begin with. Just because they paid for a disc, makes no difference when copyright comes into the picture. Nobody can claim anything.
                        You don't seem to understand the concept of respect and trust.
                        Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

In this thread, a bunch of people who have never paid a dime for an unreleased game. I, too, have lost hundreds of dollars, not to this, but to other games, all for nothing. There is a reason why quite a few of the people actually capable of finding games like this are bowing out.

Comment

Finally, took my time to read and understand what happened. Thanks Darkmoon for the explanation, things are more clear now.
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                              I definitely consider you a worthwhile member - I remember back when those Bio1 betas were released; you had some pretty good input.
                              Reading this made me smile, I didn't expect anybody to remember me for what little I contributed back then.
                              Thanks for that!
                              Last edited by Upaluppa; 06-03-2013, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I've been waiting for a good old fashioned THIA circle jerk... It's certainly more uplifting than the successive "shitstorms" these parts are known for.

Pretty sure that he's not solely responsible for any cock ups IGAS might've endured. There were already leaks of their content a year ago, with people leaking early test renders of some of their rooms, dropping out screenshots of the game up and running, etc.. before they'd even announced/revealed anything to the public (which resulted in people instantly trying to monitize the situation and scam people -- man, some people just make me sad.)
                                Not enough people seem to remember this, although sometimes I wonder if that's indicative of willful ignorance.

Who knows, though, maybe people are lucky and someone believes in second chances or something. Question is of course whether or not people ever will learn
                                And this is where my point comes in. The cat seems to be (partially) out of the bag now, and it is time to move forward. Colvin (and the other spoilsports) did what they did for reasons that we could fruitlessly deliberate for many more pages to come. But now that it has been discussed ad nauseam, let's band together with our new-found collective sense of empathy and continue to support IGAS. It's nice to support them in word, but we'd be doing measures more by supporting them in deed. What can we do? Well, aside from those of us who don't want the "surprise" ruined, we should take a page out of the classic book of Bioflames and hunt down as much information about Biohazard 1.5 as we possibly can. To my knowledge–and I would only be too delighted to be proven wrong–the only four parties outside of IGAS to make significant public contributions to the restoration project in the form of later-build information were Kim/Inflames (173 photographs & 13 videos), imacwesker (magazines & 1 photograph), sardeljka (468 backgrounds), and GrantBitman (1 video).

Comment

Working...
                                X