No announcement yet.

The Tale of 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've atleast had the pleasure of experiencing the IGAS build. We should be grateful for that. Am I the only guy now more interested in finding Network Biohazard Beta, RE0 N64, and the various RE4 betas?

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
      We've atleast had the pleasure of experiencing the IGAS build. We should be grateful for that. Am I the only guy now more interested in finding Network Biohazard Beta, RE0 N64, and the various RE4 betas?
      One of few, I'd say. However "few" is relative, as I've certainly seen my fair share of fans screaming for "3.5". If only they knew...
      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 06-07-2013, 03:55 AM.

Comment

• I don't really care about 3.5, never even played the final RE4 for more than a few minutes. What I'd love to see one day is a beta of RE3, complete with rusty chain item, civilians being eaten by zombies (if that ever made it into the game, that is) and a debug menu to jump to any room. Oh, and the final team IGAS build of 1.5, of course.
        Last edited by Upaluppa; 06-07-2013, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• If i remember something newsbot said...there really wasn't that much data for 3.5. what we saw was what there is, its not like 1.5 where a fully functional game was just around the corner. the only thing i'd like to know is what 3.5's story was, i hear it was pretty awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
            If i remember something newsbot said...there really wasn't that much data for 3.5. what we saw was what there is, its not like 1.5 where a fully functional game was just around the corner. the only thing i'd like to know is what 3.5's story was, i hear it was pretty awesome.
            The gameplay footage of RE 3.5 that everyone has seen and wants was only a small demo, it was a small mansion with only a few rooms. Beyond perhaps a few rooms we didn't get to see, what we saw is pretty much all there is to it. It was scrapped soon after that.

Comment

• I for one would have liked to have experienced Outbreak File 3 and the Raccoon City Motel scenario that had earlier been planned but abandoned. I'll admit to having a soft spot for the Outbreak games; they're definitely among the odd children of the franchise. A great idea only limited by both the technology of the day and a questionable AI. Outbreak's something that definitely ought to be revisited - but this time, give players the ability to set up their own servers, as well as create their own custom characters. You could have "free range" maps/scenarios, or how about this - a "Seven Days in Raccoon City" campaign, played real-time and with realistic rules? No infinite ammo spawns, your resources running down as enemies get tougher and tougher, you and your friends scrambling to find more as the clock (and calendar) tick down .... Maybe a revived or revamped Outbreak wouldn't end up in the same situation as before.

Oh, wait - isn't that the's Left for Dead franchise? (shakes head)
              Last edited by RMandel; 06-11-2013, 01:50 PM.
              Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
              Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                The gameplay footage of RE 3.5 that everyone has seen and wants was only a small demo, it was a small mansion with only a few rooms. Beyond perhaps a few rooms we didn't get to see, what we saw is pretty much all there is to it. It was scrapped soon after that.
                Half right. That's the "Hallucination" version which had no scenario and was purely an experiment in more supernatural horror. There was the "Castle" version before it which had a finished scenario and was more of an orthodox BIO game.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• and how did the original guy who sold it for 8000$ got to have the 1.5 disc on his hands? did he like went to japan and shit?

Comment

• Speaking of the disc, I wonder if it was a legit self-booting disc or a CD-R. I'd like to think it's a plain CD-R burned by CAPCOM, but it could be a self-booting disc.
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Most beta works is a CD-R, game companies/developers have special systems that let them boot burned discs. Similar to a mod chip but obviously way more intense. I also believe they test them on PC's sometimes? I heard of this but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

As far as 3.5, I don't get the hype behind it but i;m an old school Resident Evil fan, I got RE1 for PSX on release.... So maybe that's why 3.5 doesn't mean that much to me. Of course it's still something that is interesting and would be nice to have.

I'm more interested in unknown 1-3 betas..... We all know there are a lot of Resident Evil betas out there that we don't even have information about. 1.5..... You can bet there are way more builds than just the "40" percent and the "80" percent. Sooo... The most interesting betas to me would be 1-3.... Also Re0 for the N64..... I want them all though.
                      Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I figured it was PSX dev hardware. I have some as well, well more specifically the Net Yaroze and DTL-H1001, along with a few rarer pieces.

Original PSX dev hardware was like a PC with controller input (the use a connection that reminds me of VGA). I own one of these but I can't do anything with it.
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Well, if both the MZD build and the Goromacida video are any indication, then the original 40% PVB is a self-booting disc. Remember, it was supposed to be a playable demo for press purposes. Everything we've seen so far indicates that it's self-booting.

Now, the "newsballz" leak of the MZD build over at the 123 forums back in May ISN'T self-booting. What is it missing that the "official" MZD build release has? Sorry if that's a stupid question - I'm an old-timer, and not familar with the PlayStation disc format and bootstrap sequences. Would it be possible to take that new utility by Mark Grass - Disc Smasher, I think - and make it bootable, just like the actual MZD build release? Might be an interesting exercise for anyone wanting to make their own custom RE15 disc. Just curious ....
                          Last edited by RMandel; 07-14-2013, 02:40 AM.
                          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                            Well, if both the MZD build and the Goromacida video are any indication, then the original 40% PVB is a self-booting disc. Remember, it was supposed to be a playable demo for press purposes. Everything we've seen so far indicates that it's self-booting.

Now, the "newsballz" leak of the MZD build over at the 123 forums back in May ISN'T self-booting. What is it missing that the "official" MZD build release has? Sorry if that's a stupid question - I'm an old-timer, and not familar with the PlayStation disc format and bootstrap sequences. Would it be possible to take that new utility by Mark Grass - Disc Smasher, I think - and make it bootable, just like the actual MZD build release? Might be an interesting exercise for anyone wanting to make their own custom RE15 disc. Just curious ....
                            WHo says those systems in the videos aren't chipped?
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-14-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• DTL units

Comment

• Yup, I got a few DTL units ;)
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X