Resident Evil Revelations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Revelations

Ok well I've searched the forums & there seems to be no particular thread, dedicated to this game, I've recently got back into console gaming from a long absence. Picked up RE5, RE6 & Revelations for a total of £25, I've tried all , the begining levels, I did play RE4 all the way through, but Revelations seems better than 5&6 so far, better playabillaty ?

Revelations is the only modern game that manages to recapture some of the atmosphere and essence of the classics. It's not perfect and had some annoying segments but it was a breath of fresh air and worthy of a launch purchase. I also picked up a CPP with it...it's worth it but the game can be enjoyed without it. It combines tank controls with the ability to move and shoot and accomplishes it better than RE6 in my opinion.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I played the 3DS Demo and I've played through a few levels on my brother's WiiU. It's pretty good compared to RE4/RE5/RE6 (which I don't like). The first Resident Evil game to give me chills in a while. I love the atmosphere and the music is good.

Comment

Revelations' gameplay is alright, it's like RE4/5 with a more survival horror-ish vibe. Story, on the other hand, is pretty mediocre imo. It's way down there with the CGI films' stories to me. At the very least, I think the story could have been told better if they had done it using character-specific arcs (like in RE6), instead of episodes that constantly jump between characters.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

RER is -at least- one of the best RE since the franchise turned into the action-shooter genre, and it´s also, without doubt, the closest we can get from a survival horror experience. It has flaws, like most games have, but it has a lot of fun an it´s worth each cent you pay for it.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Working...
          X