Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetroRain
    replied
    Well, development of the game began back in 2015. Maybe they got the game 80% complete, and then decided to scrap it?

It wouldn't be the first time. They saw how successful RE7 was, and decided to make RE2 using photorealism as opposed to regular graphics, which required them to start all over.

Just a theory, even though I don't believe that was the case. I'm just trying to be humorous.

But at the same time I can actually see them doing that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, with TGS coming up pretty darn soon, we may get an announcement for Revelations 3 around then, if there's a pattern to go by from revealing such titles in prior years. I'm sure the RE2 remake will be out in 2018 anyway. It's bound to be something Capcom are aiming for too, since RE2 was out in 1998. Right?

Leave a comment:

• _Raziel_
    replied
    Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
    Would it kill them to give us just a screenshot?

The game is coming out soon and yet we have seen literally no media from it.
    I don't think it is coming out soon though, I read that Kobayashi apologised & that the article was mistranslated. I can't find the article just this video

Leave a comment:

• RetroRain
    replied
    Would it kill them to give us just a screenshot?

The game is coming out soon and yet we have seen literally no media from it.

Leave a comment:

• leftshoe18
    replied
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Crimson Heads return. Maybe they'll extend the factory stage into a full level like it apparently was in RE1.5. Personally I'd like to see a bit of a longer introduction stage in the streets before arriving at the police station.

Leave a comment:

• ronin_akikage
    replied
    So does anyone have any guesses on what changes or additions might be added to Resident Evil 2? Similar to the Resident Evil remake, how they changed layouts, puzzles, added new mechanics, new monsters, etc.

Leave a comment:

• leftshoe18
    replied
    Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
    fall/winter 2017 for Not a Hero.
    Curse my lack of reading comprehension! lol

Leave a comment:

• ronin_akikage
    replied
    Originally posted by leftshoe18 View Post
    That would mean it comes out a year and a half after the initially announced release date. That would be pretty frustrating.
    fall/winter 2017 for Not a Hero.

Leave a comment:

• leftshoe18
    replied
    with fall/winter release of Not A Hero
    That would mean it comes out a year and a half after the initially announced release date. That would be pretty frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• ronin_akikage
    replied
    Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
    There's about a 1% chance that this game comes out in 2017 but let's hope that i'm wrong.
    I don't think it's coming out this year. The best scenario I can come up with, is a limited time between the first reveal trailer and the release date.... Probably 8 months after, similar to Resident Evil 7. I am holding out hope that a reveal will be at the Tokyo Game Show, and a late spring/early summer release in 2018.

With all the work being put into Not A Hero, I assume they won't want either the DLC or the RE2 Remake to over-shadow the other. So here's hoping TGS unveils both, with fall/winter release of Not A Hero, and a spring/summer release of Resident Evil 2.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Soon could mean many different things. There's about a 1% chance that this game comes out in 2017 but let's hope that i'm wrong. I also love how everybody is freaking out due to the lack of updates...it's like a reoccurring theme around here.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Well, with 2018 being the 20th anniversary, it figures we may get an announcement around TGS in another 3 or so months. Fingers crossed they don't screw it up. I'm pulling for this to be a genuinely amazing remake like the first game.

Leave a comment:

• leftshoe18
    replied
    Resident Evil Remake didn't have any returning voice actors from the first game and didn't start the promotion cycle until E3 about 8 months prior to release. I think you are just reading way too much into this.

Leave a comment:

• Graco
    replied
    With the lack of the original voice actors returning and how little promotional material there is for this game it doesn't instill a sense of confidence in me that Capcom is particularly proud of this remake. I hope I'm wrong but I would need to see something more substantial from them than this.

Leave a comment:

• leftshoe18
    replied
    I don't think it's all that worrisome to be honest. They wanted to focus the promotion on Resident Evil 7 for the time being and will shift focus on to the remake afterward. I don't think it's something to look too far into honestly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X