This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
    That is partially the reason, the other being that they're from Japan and yet another being that they're usually sold by insane sellers like that corndog guy who wants 300-400 bucks for loose figures. He's been pissing me off for years

Just bought the EL Gigante figure to complete my Biohazard 4 agatsuma set as well as the Moby Dick Mr.X (I'm probably aiming for Chris next just because those two are the cheapest to find other than the Claire figures). All I need now is Leon, Chris and Rebecca and I'll have all the humans figures, but I still have quite a few B.O.W.'s to collect.*sighs*

Can you tell me what Nemesis part comes with Mr.X? (if your package has arrived and you've decided to take it out of the box of course) I hope to god it's finally a piece of the torso or head. I have all these damn parts and yet none of them connect to each other, a tentacle, another tentacle, a leg, etc.
    It hasnt arrived yet but I would be happy to tell you what part comes with it. It should be here any day now. Im actually more excited about the nemesis part than the figure it self. I'd love to one day own the whole thing. Ive seen the full figure go for upto about £500!! I think it was that corndog guy selling it actually. His prices are ridiculous, even for prototypes (reminds me of the proto tyrant from RE Zero, god id love a figure line from that game) dont think id ever spend that kind of money on a figure.
    Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 11-01-2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Cool man thanks, I also ordered Chris last night and I know for a fact that he comes with a Nemesis leg thanks to one of Dot's old pics when he first bought some Moby Dick figures years ago. When I say leg, I mean the one that actually resembles a leg, not the jumbled up twisted piece of flesh that is his other leg lol. 11 down, 9 more to go, 10 including Nemesis Type-3. I'll be 40 by the time I get all this damn things

Also for anyone that's trying to keep track, Pink Vest Claire comes with the twisted leg, Biker Claire comes with a tentacle and Regina Jill/Brainsucker also comes with a tentacle. A list of the nemesis parts associated with each figure would be mighty helpful.
      Last edited by REmaster; 11-01-2011, 04:47 PM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• I've got em all and kept all the little postcards that show what came with what.
        Next time I'm at my parents I'll try remember them.

You're gonna be mighty upset, but collecting all 16 only gives 6 of the 7 spikes on nemesis back. I bought an extra figure that came with a spike (T-02) to finish it.

EDIT: My list excludes Chris + Mr X. He was only released in the USA I believe.
        Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 11-02-2011, 06:21 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
          I've got em all and kept all the little postcards that show what came with what.
          Next time I'm at my parents I'll try remember them.

You're gonna be mighty upset, but collecting all 16 only gives 6 of the 7 spikes on nemesis back. I bought an extra figure that came with a spike (T-02) to finish it.
          EDIT: My list excludes Chris + Mr X. He was only released in the USA I believe.
          Thanks man, I could really use that list for my RE/BH figure archive site I'm working on. It's ridiculous that you have to buy an extra figure just for a spike. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if they were regular priced figures, but affordable, they are not. At this stage, I'm not even worried about the little rib spikes/tentacles I'm missing, I just want some big chunks of him. I basically have both legs, a back tentacle and the large front tentacle...now if I could only get the torso, arm, or head. Btw Gene, is the mouth/beak thing part of the head or is that also sold separate?
          Last edited by REmaster; 11-02-2011, 08:33 PM.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

• The mouthparts are separate in one of the two packs. I forget which though - except it's not Carlos nemesis.
            sigpic

Comment

• I was really tempted to buy an 85% complete nemesis type 3 off of ebay because It would ultimately be cheaper. But half the fun is trying to collect all of the figures your self to make the final figure. Still it was pretty damned tempting. Unfortunately the parts missing are the pieces that come with rebecca, nemesis type 2 and Claire Redfield (RE02 Type) aall of which are pretty rare and very expensive. God id love to get my hands on the type two nemesis.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
                I was really tempted to buy an 85% complete nemesis type 3 off of ebay because It would ultimately be cheaper. But half the fun is trying to collect all of the figures your self to make the final figure. Still it was pretty damned tempting. Unfortunately the parts missing are the pieces that come with rebecca, nemesis type 2 and Claire Redfield (RE02 Type) aall of which are pretty rare and very expensive. God id love to get my hands on the type two nemesis.
                I have the twisted leg that comes with Claire but nothing to attach it to

Yea Nemesis Type-2 would sure be nice.
                Last edited by REmaster; 11-03-2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                  I have the twisted leg that comes with Claire but nothing to attach it to

Yea Nemesis Type-2 would sure be nice.
                  Which claire variant does the twisted leg come with? i think ive got the leather jacket biker girl claire.

Ah a Type 2 really would be amazing to have (funny, as i was writing this i was watching American dad and Jill valentine was just mentioned....strange) but i dont think id like to spend the amount he goes for.

Comment

• Well, you guys will make fun of me but all I got is the original trilogy for PS3 (as PSN downloads) RE Code Veronica X HD(PSN) Resident Evil 4 HD(PSN) Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, Resident Evil 0 on GC, Resident Evil 1 on GC and Resident Evil 4 on GC. Lame, I know...

Comment

• Originally posted by Heero Yui View Post
                      Well, you guys will make fun of me but all I got is the original trilogy for PS3 (as PSN downloads) RE Code Veronica X HD(PSN) Resident Evil 4 HD(PSN) Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, Resident Evil 0 on GC, Resident Evil 1 on GC and Resident Evil 4 on GC. Lame, I know...
                      Thats not lame at all. before i joined this forum i only had the main games, dead aim, survivor 2 and Gaiden. I didnt even really think about collecting all of this stuff until i saw this thread and started to read through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
                        Thats not lame at all.
                        Sure it is. You're both lame.
                        JUST KIDDING.

But seriously, PSN downloads do not count in a collection!
                        lostreleases // demopals

Comment

• Originally posted by Anders View Post
                          I would have to agree, I wouldn't count the Clock Tower SNES/SFC emulated version via the Wii Store within a Clock Tower collection - nor would I do the same with other ones, such as Biohazard/Resident Evil or Silent Hill unless it was the ONLY way to have the game itself (such as that it was only released in X country digitally, or the only actual release was digital).

As for the Biohazard/Resident Evil games - the original ones aren't too hard to find, nor are the PS1, PS2 versions particularly expensive. Depending on where you live, the GameCube ones could be cheap as dirt or utterly over-priced.

Though regarding digital distribution, I find it a shame that Capcom haven't re-released their older PC versions onto say... Steam considering that VALVe have allowed older games such as the Oddworld games on there. Would make it a hell of a lot easier than having to dig out a disc from my basement whenever I want to play them. (That and the Xploder version of RE3 is horrible as it doesn't include Mercs, so that's a fairly shameful re-release).
                          Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-06-2011, 10:11 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Non-blurry Signature Version
                          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I'd disagree. Just because it's digital doesn't make it more or less valid. I don't own any of the game digitally, but that's entirely because I don't like digital much. As long as it's not an illegal download copy, I don't see how having a version on disc is any more valid than having a version on a hard drive. It's all a matter of data storage, at the end of the day.
                            Last edited by Darkmoon; 11-07-2011, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• I got it about 3 weeks ago.
                              I agree. I don't think that PSN account is a part of collection(even with top highscores in re5).If you will:
                              -lose password to your psn account
                              -violate psn rules and earn ban
                              -your ps3 will be broken(not harddrive)
                              you can lose ability to access digital content without dealing physical damage and not because harddrive became too old and stopped working.
                              By the way the harddrive wasn't manufactured by capcom or by some company with license from capcom.And its not important if you got part of your collection legit or not - if i'll make agreement with friend who works in shop and he will replace re5 promo(which should be returned to 1C company - at least in my country it works this way) in xbox standee with regular re5 disc, i'll get the promo disc illegitimately but it surely will be a part of collection.Also you can buy download 300 games on your harddrive - nobody will give more than 150$ for it. But surely if you will spend the same amount of money on disc versions - when you will decide to sell them all, you will get more money.And the disc versions of revival selection are surely part of collection - if i'll lose access to psn/earn ban/my ps3 will be broken i can play them on any ps3 under any account.
                              Last edited by ANDYARKLAY; 11-07-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• That's pretty much what I was meaning Andy.

They're digital versions that are essentially being licensed so even with digital downloads, for instance - let's say I bought a game via Steam and the company wanted it removed. My computer crashes, after the initial purchase they haven't got really any obligation to provide the files for download again and should the service be shut down, cancelled or my account closed, banned or so-on... I wouldn't be able to play something I've paid good money for.

This is essentially across all platforms that use digital distribution either within the account terms, agreements, even within service FAQ, game downloads themselves.

So, personally I think it would be a bit easier to at the very least have a disc version of it physically. If you've got the consoles, then that's great. If you've got a decent PC, then you could pop the disc into the drive and play it via an emulator - either way, there's a bit more safety than hoping that a service isn't shut down, items removed, that your account gets hacked or that you've accidentally broken a part of the agreement/terms either.

That and a lot of the digital versions don't include full manual details, including character information. Such as the Metal Gear Solid digital download version, which the game itself requires you to look on the back of the case to find Meryl's codec, with only a disc (no manual or case) or a digital download - you'd end up a bit screwed unless you looked online to find the way to get around it.

MGS isn't the only game that has done this either and speaking of MGS, some games may also feature comics or specific information that may be needed later on in a game (RPGs and personal NPC details anyone?) which also wouldn't be available for the most part in said digital download.

The whole combination of all of that is why I don't consider digital ones to be part of a collection, as despite being able to play them it can also cause some actual issues there and there's a lot more possible issues using digital ones too.
                                sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X