This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point taken...

I'll be looking for the games discs online to complete my collection, I like them digital though since I can carry them on my PSP, and playing those games on the go is a dream came true to me, but yes, you do have a point and I will be completing my collection with the actual discs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      I'd disagree. Just because it's digital doesn't make it more or less valid.
      Sure, if you go for digital downloads, you have the GAMES... But you don't have collectibles. There's a huge difference between "I have downloaded RE1GBC, I have this super rare game in my collection!!!!" and "I bought the motherfucking RE1GBC cart." (Not to imply anything.)

Originally posted by Heero Yui View Post
      Point taken...
      I wasn't as serious as it may have seemed. The good thing about collecting is that you can collect exactly what you want, and what others think about it is irrelevant.
      lostreleases // demopals

Comment

• Received this exclusive a couple of weeks ago. And I'm actually tempted to order another one.

Comment

• ^ Cool shirt, I like it.

Originally posted by I_Am_Nemesis View Post
          Which claire variant does the twisted leg come with? i think ive got the leather jacket biker girl claire.

Ah a Type 2 really would be amazing to have (funny, as i was writing this i was watching American dad and Jill valentine was just mentioned....strange) but i dont think id like to spend the amount he goes for.
          It was the pink vest version. I'm not sure if your Mr.X arrived yet but I got mine today and it comes with...*drum roll* a spike. Nice figure though, about the same height as Nemesis and the arms are pretty articulate (for a Moby Dick figure). I was hoping for a bigger Nemesis part but at least I'm getting there-albeit very, very, slowly. I also got the El Gigante figure, the detail looks much better in person lol.

Originally posted by Anders View Post
          Sure, if you go for digital downloads, you have the GAMES... But you don't have collectibles. There's a huge difference between "I have downloaded RE1GBC, I have this super rare game in my collection!!!!" and "I bought the motherfucking RE1GBC cart." (Not to imply anything.)
          And that good Sir is the reason I prefer the physical copies. Not only do I like the feeling of having the actual disc on my shelf because it's "in" my collection, but also because you can turn around and sell a well conditioned copy of just about anything over the course of several years for a good sum of money-not that I'd ever sell any RE games, unless they were duplicates. My biggest problem with digital copies is that I still don't trust technology enough to rely solely on it's database and nothing more.

Anyways, fuck it, as long as you're playing and enjoying the game that's all that matters. For instance, I bought Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on PSN because it's one of my all time favorite games, but the price for a well conditioned copy are quite high. Therefore, I just enjoy this digital copy while I wait to inevitably acquire a physical copy someday (my old copy broke years ago ).

The other use I found for digital copies is for easier transportation. I've downloaded all the RE games on PSN, just so I don't have to take them out of the case anymore, or pack the games with me when I travel.
          Last edited by REmaster; 11-07-2011, 09:16 PM.
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
          Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by Heero Yui View Post
            Point taken...

I'll be looking for the games discs online to complete my collection, I like them digital though since I can carry them on my PSP, and playing those games on the go is a dream came true to me, but yes, you do have a point and I will be completing my collection with the actual discs.
            Digital would be great if they gave you the manual and the like with it.

That and the other RE games aside from RE1 Director's Cut haven't been put onto the European PSN, neither have the RE4 or CV/CV:X avatars either and according to staff responding on the official PS forums, PS Blog is that they've been waiting on a response from Capcom in regard to them but they haven't heard anything from them.

So we're pretty much stuck with RE1, which as a result means I have to take my laptop with me if I want to play RE1-5 on the go.

But overall, if you get the discs then at least you have them to play just in case something were to happen to your account and vice-versa.

[Edit]

And I'm waiting on something to arrive for Smiley, since he said he wanted it I've gotten him the TGS 2011 Biohazard Revelations Mini OST.
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-07-2011, 09:26 PM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
              Agreed, it would be nice if they just included digital back up copies with the game similar to how digital copies of movies are included with some dvd's.

Also, if anyone else is interested in collecting some Moby Dick Biohazard figures, I found a pretty good deal for you on Amazon. You get the biker version of Claire, Chris Redfield and a two pack of Jill Valentine (Regina version) and a Brainsucker, for $69.99 plus 6 bucks for shipping. I wish I came across a deal like this before I bought them all separate. Four Moby Dick figures for under $80 bucks ain't a bad deal at all considering most are over a $100 alone. That said, these are the cheaper, more common figures of the series which explains they're cost, but you'd still pay around 30 for each and 60 for the two-pack so it's best to just grab them all up at once.

Happy hunting

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
              Last edited by REmaster; 11-07-2011, 10:06 PM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                Agreed, it would be nice if they just included digital back up copies with the game similar to how digital copies of movies are included with some dvd's.
                OMFG. This. I would gladly hand my hard earned cash if I got the chance to have a physical and digital copies of any game I purchase. You keep a copy of the game and get all the benefits of digital distribution. A win/win if you ask me.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post

That and the other RE games aside from RE1 Director's Cut haven't been put onto the European PSN, neither have the RE4 or CV/CV:X avatars either and according to staff responding on the official PS forums, PS Blog is that they've been waiting on a response from Capcom in regard to them but they haven't heard anything from them.

Well you do get a manual, a digital copy at least... I know...

And I'm sorry to hear that (or rather "read" that) I don't understand why capcom is being so lazy with that, I mean, why not releasing all at the same time for all regions? I have been using my Wesker (RE:CVX) avatar for quite the time now :S

Comment

• Originally posted by Heero Yui View Post
                    Well you do get a manual, a digital copy at least... I know...

And I'm sorry to hear that (or rather "read" that) I don't understand why capcom is being so lazy with that, I mean, why not releasing all at the same time for all regions? I have been using my Wesker (RE:CVX) avatar for quite the time now :S
                    Not with every release you don't. Nor are all of the games available in all regions digitally.

Overall, it's normal for Europe to be screwed over constantly (hell, look at the MGS HD Collection. Released now everywhere but Europe and Oceania regions - who have to wait until FEBRUARY NEXT YEAR).

My problem regarding the avatars is that the staff have actually specifically said they've contacted Capcom about it - if they've delayed them going onto the European PSN or if they just can't be bothered to give permission for them to also be released onto the European one from the US side of it.

Capcom hasn't bothered responding yet, despite that the Sony staff have been hassled a bit by fans and have asked for people that want the avatars to be patient as they're still waiting for a response from Capcom.

No idea why they haven't responded so they could get more money for bloody avatars, but it seems like another case of "Too bad Europe" on there.

I mean, hell - Konami removed Silent Hill PS1 quite a while ago on thePSN and they only just put it back on there recently so it's not like it's uncommon for us to be constantly screwed over for ages until we finally catch up (games being released years to months after they've been released elsewhere) and so-on.

I'd love to use a Claire or Wesker avatar, but I can't. The only RE ones on here are the 5 ones going off the top of my head and some Operation Raccoon City ones. Neither of which I want, since the Bertha ORC one barely has her in the frame. You see more of her rifle than of her in the actual avatar... so I passed on that and went with a Dissidia one instead.
                    sigpic
                    Non-blurry Signature Version
                    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Yay....
                      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• A hard based copy is really a collectible. Not just with games but movies and music too. Anyone can download music from Shadows of the Damned. How many have the actual physical soundtrack?

A collectible is more than just storage to a collector. And in this day and age the flow of digital media has made things difficult as they have easy.

See back in the day I used to let my friend borrow a game like RE4 for the PS2. These days I'd have to send my entire system over to his house just to play the HD version.

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                          Thanks man, I could really use that list for my RE/BH figure archive site I'm working on.
                          You asked for it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	400677

Name:	IMG_0368.JPG
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	400691

Name:	IMG_0369.JPG
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	400678

Name:	IMG_0370.JPG
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	400679

Name:	IMG_0371.JPG
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	400680

Name:	IMG_0372.JPG
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	400681

Name:	IMG_0373.JPG
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	400682

Name:	IMG_0374.JPG
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	400683
                          Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 11-15-2011, 04:47 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                            You asked for it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5778[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5779[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5780[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5781[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5782[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5783[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]5784[/ATTACH]
                            Yes! Thanks a bunch Gene

Comment

• My moby dick Mr X arrived to day and bloody hell is he big!!! loving how you can take him out of the box but then put him straight back in. wish other companies would do boxes like this for all of their figures. Got my first nemesis rib with it as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                                Spoiler:

Yay....
                                Arrived already, that was unexpected. Mens Large though so I guess wear around the house only.
                                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                                X