X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

then play the n64 version of re2 or better yet look it up on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
      Why would you want a cardboard cutout? Like, I understand trading cards and figurines, but cardboard pictures are going a bit too far for a collector. What sort of a use are they?
      When, you're my age, about as useful as an action figure or trading card. I certainly don't play with the action figures.

I like the promo gear like standees and posters, mostly because it's so rare.
      Sure it's just cardboard with print. It doesn't have as much functional value as an action figure, or maybe a trading card, but because of their rarity they are certainly collectable. If you look at what I've presented of my collection here, I don't own the NTSC-J, NTSC and PAL version of every game. I don't see a whole lot of point to that, not to knock others. If that's your thing, great. I will get a different version because of some extra gear (ie. Dreamcast with the extra difficulties, and the galleries, and battle game (also on the PS Dual shock)), but won't sweat about not owning it, and will wait 'til I can get it really cheap. Personally I find promotional things like much more interesting to own, and also much more interesting to look at in other peoples collection's.
      I'm a big sucker for realia. Replicas of things that appear in the games. I've got an RPD zippo (limited to 1000 pieces), just like Leon and Claire use in RE2, and the one that Jill uses in RE3. I also have a replica of Chris' vest from the original RE1. I've got Leon's shirt and pants from RE4 too (pics earlier in this thread). Soon I'm planning on buying official replicas of Leons RE2 RPD uniform, Claires Code Veronica vest, and a UBCS vest. I'll post pictures when I do. (Hopefully family will send me some Christmas coin). I'd buy the airsoft guns (I've seen them here in Japan and they're soooo tempting. Saw the Biohazard-2 Desert-Eagle for about $180!! From my understanding it's stupidly rare), but I'll never be allowed to take them into Australia when I finally go home. (Even BB guns need a license. From my understanding you even need a license to own replicas that don't even fire projecticles, just to deter people from robbingthe 7-11. I believe they also have to be locked away too. )
      Click image for larger version

Name:	guns.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	397018

I'm also a big sucker for the 'Made in Heaven' motif. Still looking for one of those zippos... I'm willing to drop big bucks on one of those, even though they never featured in the game. But some of you other guys around here might see no point in any of that, which I can empathise with. Ultimately... each to their own I guess.

From that, can I ask, what sorta RE gear are you a sucker for? (aiming at no one in particular) Sure, I mean most of us are after all of it, but what's #1 on the priorities list?
      sigpic

Comment

Behold my bizarre mix of JPN/USA/PAL games. Umm...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MattJon; 11-29-2007, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
          When, you're my age, about as useful as an action figure or trading card. I certainly don't play with the action figures.

Sure it's just cardboard with print. It doesn't have as much functional value as an action figure, or maybe a trading card, but because of their rarity they are certainly collectable. If you look at what I've presented of my collection here, I don't own the NTSC-J, NTSC and PAL version of every game. I don't see a whole lot of point to that, not to knock others. If that's your thing, great. I will get a different version because of some extra gear (ie. Dreamcast with the extra difficulties, and the galleries, and battle game (also on the PS Dual shock)), but won't sweat about not owning it, and will wait 'til I can get it really cheap. Personally I find promotional things like much more interesting to own, and also much more interesting to look at in other peoples collection's.
          I'm a big sucker for realia. Replicas of things that appear in the games. I've got an RPD zippo (limited to 1000 pieces), just like Leon and Claire use in RE2, and the one that Jill uses in RE3. I also have a replica of Chris' vest from the original RE1. I've got Leon's shirt and pants from RE4 too (pics earlier in this thread). Soon I'm planning on buying official replicas of Leons RE2 RPD uniform, Claires Code Veronica vest, and a UBCS vest. I'll post pictures when I do. (Hopefully family will send me some Christmas coin). I'd buy the airsoft guns (I've seen them here in Japan and they're soooo tempting. Saw the Biohazard-2 Desert-Eagle for about $180!! From my understanding it's stupidly rare), but I'll never be allowed to take them into Australia when I finally go home. (Even BB guns need a license. From my understanding you even need a license to own replicas that don't even fire projecticles, just to deter people from robbingthe 7-11. I believe they also have to be locked away too. )
          [ATTACH]638[/ATTACH]

I'm also a big sucker for the 'Made in Heaven' motif. Still looking for one of those zippos... I'm willing to drop big bucks on one of those, even though they never featured in the game. But some of you other guys around here might see no point in any of that, which I can empathise with. Ultimately... each to their own I guess.

From that, can I ask, what sorta RE gear are you a sucker for? (aiming at no one in particular) Sure, I mean most of us are after all of it, but what's #1 on the priorities list?
          You think you could hook a brotha up and get me that deagle? I'd pay of course

Comment

[ATTACH]638[/ATTACH]

In that attachment, look in the top right hand corner. There's a CD. Is that Elza Walker on it?

Comment

Not unless her hair colour has gone blue. I'm guessing it's just a random anime character that got caught in the picture.

As for my own collection, here ya go. Not nearly as impressive as some of you folk but at least realtively complete. Unless stated all games are the PAL version.

Resident Evil 0 (GC)
              Resident Evil (PS)
              Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PS)
              Resident Evil: Remake (GC)
              Resident Evil 2 (PS)
              Resident Evil 2 (GC)
              Resident Evil 2 (PC)
              Resident Evil 2: Dual Shock (American PS)
              Resident Evil 2: Beta 2 (ISO)
              Resident Evil 3 (PS)
              Resident Evil Survivor (PS)
              Resident Evil Code Veronica (PS2)
              Resident Evil Gaiden (Rom)
              Resident Evil Outbreak File # 1 (PS2)
              Resident Evil Outbreak File # 2 (PS2)
              Resident Evil Dead Aim (PS2)
              Resident Evil 4 (GC)
              Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

Comment

Originally posted by REisWAYSIS View Post
                You think you could hook a brotha up and get me that deagle? I'd pay of course
                Sorry but I'm not willing to.
                Please don't think I'm a scumbag but. #1, to get back to that shop I'd have to travel for a few hours which I just don't have time to do, and
                #2, I don't know anything about importing and exporting licenses on these sorts of things in all differnet countries, and I'm not game to risk my visa sending it.

I was actually hesistant to post the picture because I thought someone would ask, and I could only let them down.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, we still have photos, eh?

Comment

Sorry but I'm not willing to.
                    Please don't think I'm a scumbag but. #1, to get back to that shop I'd have to travel for a few hours which I just don't have time to do, and
                    #2, I don't know anything about importing and exporting licenses on these sorts of things in all differnet countries, and I'm not game to risk my visa sending it.

I was actually hesistant to post the picture because I thought someone would ask, and I could only let them down.
                    no problem man, i understand

Comment

• selfgene, im a sucker for the resident evil figures. If its rare im into it. I also love getting promotional stuff aswell, i always ask game shops etc if i can have their posters or stands after they've used it. out of things that are worn in the game, i really want to get leons sweat shirt from r.e 4, iv only seen it once on ebay but it went to high for me, but now i would pay that kind of price. Do you or anyone know where you can buy this, as im living in the uk i don't really want to buy from a japan shop because of the high shipping etc.

Comment

• Looks like TSG's gonna be comin' back to his house with a ton of merchandise!

Comment

• 'Can't wait to post mine. I'm impressed by the collections in here.

I'm looking to buy some stuff to add and finish my collection (for the most part) like the Pure Evil Pack, Anniversary Collection, some of the PC ports, and a few more Greatest Hits/ Player's Choice releases.

I just bought the Game.Com version of RE2 too. :-D
                          Last edited by GalacticAE; 12-02-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Cool, I bought a game.com RE2 off eBay about a week ago, new and factory packaged, and now I'm waiting for it to arrive. What version do you have of RE PC? If you have one, that is.

Comment

• i've just added another figure to my collection, a palisades nemesis (normal version). I'm also hopeing to add U.C to my collection in 3 weeks (xmas) ;) . btw with the p.c versions can you add mods etc. I'd love to play as carlos in R.E 1 and replace jill with him, so when jill speaks, you'd have carlos body doing the actions.

Comment

• I only have RE2: platiunum and RE3 on PC.

I'm guessing Survivor (PC) is impossible to find, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X