Biohazard 2 Remake on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kotaku gave the news with a link to THIA:

Can it be true? Now that the Wii is confirmed as the new home of violent hardcore gaming is the time right for a remake of good old Resi 2? Japanese fan board 2ch has popped up a rumor concerning a possible remake of Biohazard 2 (aka Resident Evil 2 - but you knew that, right?) that will be exclusive to the Wii. If…

Comment

Originally posted by CiarenDevlin View Post
      This better not be true. Too much of a risk that they'll just screw it up.

RE2 is fine as it is. No need to add anything.

Also, I am going to murder the next person who says "omg re4 controls wud own lol!!!!" with an axe. RE4 only removed the horror and tension and threw you in with a meh camera and a ridiculous amount of ammo. The controls were the exact same as the other games.

Keep RE4 as far away from the old games as possible. And for the love of god leave Resident Evil 2 alone.

oh and fuck the wii
      I cannot imagine wiser words ! Just focus on this post, think, think, think, then feel the vibe of the good ol' RE classic games, then think and feel more... cRapcom DO NOT DANCE ON THE GRAVE of perfection!

Comment

Originally posted by -Evil Shady- View Post
        Kotaku gave the news with a link to THIA:

http://kotaku.com/5043185/resident-e...remake-for-wii
        So thats why 90 people are online

Comment

An RE2 remake is on my list of dream games that will probably never get made ever since REmake on GC. Hopefully this isn't just a rumor. But no credible source has reported this yet.
          Last edited by GalacticAE; 08-28-2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Lol, Kotaku. What a joke of a site. But, hey free advertising always works, right, Dot?

Originally posted by ElzaGotGypped View Post
            Google doesn't translate very well, so I hope this is less to decipher. 2 years of University Japanese pays off, I guess.

Wii:バイオハザード2
            ・GC1同様のフルリメイク
            ・一部を除きWiiバイオ4と同じ視点と操作に変更
            ・剣士型の新クリーチャーサウザンソーダー
            ・追加ストーリー等あり.

Wii: Resident Evil 2
            Full Remake similar to GC1
            Except for some control and camera similarities to RE4 Wii Edition and bio-change operations
            The new type of blade Creature "Thousand Sworder"
            Expanded story.

There is nothing wrong with the wii. Just because you can't get used to the controller doesn't mean it is a failure. I wish they'd stuck with the name Revolution, but it's a solid system.

Also, the PS3 did not pioneer anything. The 6-axis controller of the PS3 is nothing new. That was around before the PS2. There was an add-on for the N64 called a Tilt-Pak, which did the same thing almost a decade ago.

I agree, though with the desire for a remake to be kept pure. No BH4 engine for BH2! No cop-out BH4 story butchery! I wish they hadn't done to 5 what they did to 4. It's gonna make me not want to buy it. I like BioHazard, not HALO with a shop.
            You should edit your post, please. It really doesn't parse well and I'm having a difficult time understanding what you're trying to say.
            Last edited by Corrin; 08-28-2008, 06:21 PM.

Comment

They should just leave well enough alone. The whole reasoning for doing a remake of the first game was they felt there was alot left of RE because of the limitations of the platform. What could they really add besides updated graphics to make it better? There is no reason to remake it besides capcom putting out crap and trying to make a quick buck.

Comment

So thats why 90 people are online
                jajajajajaja, you must be happy! your site is officialy the best on the net!
                Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I would say the most visited during this week xD!

And the best of course! ^^

@Stars1356 : I know what you mean, and I think the same, i'm tired of recycled remakes just to make us waste money...

Comment

I disagree...I don't think a well-done remake is a waste of money. If Capcom (a company that I think actually makes VERY good games more often than not) was to remake Resident Evil 2 in the same manner that they remade RE1, it would be a phenomenal game.

A "waste of money," to me, is re-releasing RE2 and RE3 on the Gamecube (using the PS1 builds) and charging $50 a pop.

The first incarnation of RE1 is a classic, yet Capcom took it and refined it into an even better product - the REmake. I don't see how some of you are saying that RE2 is perfect the way it is? Surely a similar treatment - to update the graphics, tweak (a little bit of) the story, and maybe even add a few new areas and/or enemies - would be a welcome addition to your RE library.

As for the console arguments - there's never a right answer to those. Some people have a Wii, some people have a PS3, some people have a 360...or some people have a combination of two or even all three...

The thing is - you don't need optimum graphics for a RE2make. The Wii is perfectly capable of handling a beautifully remade version of the game. I think, if this rumor is true, and it is coming to the Wii, then it is just Capcom's way of appeasing those Wii owners who will not get to play RE5. Besides, Wii owners outnumber those of a PS3 or 360, so they'd definitely have a larger market to sell to...

Personally, I'd love it if RE2make DID come out, so I would have a reason to play my Wii other than RE4, REmake, REUC, and Okami. As for my PS3...well, until RE5 comes out, it is just a plain ol' Blu-Ray player...

Comment

I will always prefer a new game instead of a remake.... but a RE2 remake is always welcome.

Comment

It seems the only reason why this was reported is because it stems from a Japanese site. As if the Japanese population is above lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                          I disagree...I don't think a well-done remake is a waste of money. If Capcom (a company that I think actually makes VERY good games more often than not) was to remake Resident Evil 2 in the same manner that they remade RE1, it would be a phenomenal game.

A "waste of money," to me, is re-releasing RE2 and RE3 on the Gamecube (using the PS1 builds) and charging $50 a pop.

The first incarnation of RE1 is a classic, yet Capcom took it and refined it into an even better product - the REmake. I don't see how some of you are saying that RE2 is perfect the way it is? Surely a similar treatment - to update the graphics, tweak (a little bit of) the story, and maybe even add a few new areas and/or enemies - would be a welcome addition to your RE library.

As for the console arguments - there's never a right answer to those. Some people have a Wii, some people have a PS3, some people have a 360...or some people have a combination of two or even all three...

The thing is - you don't need optimum graphics for a RE2make. The Wii is perfectly capable of handling a beautifully remade version of the game. I think, if this rumor is true, and it is coming to the Wii, then it is just Capcom's way of appeasing those Wii owners who will not get to play RE5. Besides, Wii owners outnumber those of a PS3 or 360, so they'd definitely have a larger market to sell to...

Personally, I'd love it if RE2make DID come out, so I would have a reason to play my Wii other than RE4, REmake, REUC, and Okami. As for my PS3...well, until RE5 comes out, it is just a plain ol' Blu-Ray player...
                          Yeah I understand your point, but you believe that Capcom will make the whole thing just to make us happy? Emmm.. Besides, If RE2 Remake was to release it would be with the Wii control system, so forget about the old system style...I would say yes if they were to treat this remake as they did with REmake... then I would probably be shocked...

If it was up to me, I would have remade RE2 and RE3 and release it during 2003/2004 (Gamecube's Fever) as a Special Pack 4 Gamecube... but no... they just prefered to make a promising game called Umbrella Chronicles which offered nothing...

I honesty do not want to see a RE2 with the RE4 style or using Wii Controls... I don't know if RE0 Wii version has some minors changes during the gameplay... I know at least it has the same camera style...

Now, I would die to see RE3! YES I would die! O_o
                          Last edited by Jill Lover; 08-28-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

To Jill's Boob [lol]: Capcom seems to be screwing up some series lately IMO...:/ not sure if I'm the only one that sees it but yah.

It may be a waste of money, but if it's like REmake, just with RE4 cameras, I will be happy...possibly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by U and S
                              It seems the only reason why this was reported is because it stems from a Japanese site. As if the Japanese population is above lying.
                              Was this statement even necessary?

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                              Yeah I understand your point, but you believe that Capcom will make the whole thing just to make us happy? Emmm.. Besides, If RE2 Remake was to release it would be with the Wii control system, so forget about the old system style...I would say yes if they were to treat this remake as they did with REmake... then I would probably be shocked...

If it was up to me, I would have remade RE2 and RE3 and release it during 2003/2004 (Gamecube's Fever) as a Special Pack 4 Gamecube... but no... they just prefered to make a promising game called Umbrella Chronicles which offered nothing...

I honesty do not want to see a RE2 with the RE4 style or using Wii Controls... I don't know if RE0 Wii version has some minors changes during the gameplay... I know at least it has the same camera style...

Now, I would die to see RE3! YES I would die! O_o
                              Why would you LOVE to see an RE3make? Because you're a big fan of Nemesis, right?

I agree with you that Capcom should have done RE2/3 remakes after the excitement of the Gamecube RE1 remake, as the time was perfect for doing so. But I think the REmake was done to not only refurbish a classic, but to make RE0 "necessary." (Though I am not a big fan of RE0...as it does more to ruin the established canon than add anything to it, IMO.)

Since they were busy on RE4, and because "remaking" RE2 would mean that they'd have to remake RE3, and maybe even RECV, Capcom left well enough alone. Fans wouldn't have let Capcom stop at just remaking 1 and 2, without doing the whole series. I imagine it takes time to do all the pre-rendered backgrounds (though I could be wrong...it's better to get the opinion of someone like Umon Daisuke, as he seems to know quite a bit about game graphics, technology, etc.), and making those for RE2,3,CV would be very time consuming.

Since Capcom just re-released RE2,3,CV on Gamecube discs (with no upgrades or tweaks whatsoever), I imagine they figured that was answer enough to the REmake craze that fans feverishly pined for...

...but, since RE2 is the seemingly most popular entry with the majority of die-hards...and Leon is seemingly the most popular RE character (God knows why - he's laughably a shell of his RE2 character)...and Claire and Leon are teaming up again in "Degeneration"...perhaps Capcom is using all of this as a time to cash-in and remake RE2?

As for your concerns about the controls...well, I don't know what they did with the Japan only RE0 port, but I imagine that you can still remake RE2 ala RE1, and use the Wii-mote as a regular controller. There doesn't need to be RE4(Wii) style pointing or any shaking of the remote...you can simply use it as a regular controller and move Claire/Leon/Sherry/Ada around onscreen in a good ole tank fashion manner. The Wii-mote is just like any other wireless controller, when the game doesn't require you to point and interact with the screen.

Originally posted by Chris' Boob
                              To Jill's Boob [lol]: Capcom seems to be screwing up some series lately IMO...:/ not sure if I'm the only one that sees it but yah.

It may be a waste of money, but if it's like REmake, just with RE4 cameras, I will be happy...possibly.
                              Hello, brother. ;) Well, I guess it is a possibility...but I am basing my opinion off the many games I have played from Capcom and enjoyed, mainly games from my childhood - Street Fighter, Mega Man, RE, Bionic Commando - and the games I play nowadays - mainly just the RE games, though I picked up Okami and love it. And I look forward to playing Dead Rising. Plus, that Zak&Wiki game is supposed to be good. So, yeah, that is a very limited amount of Capcom games to choose from, but I think, overall, they make a lot of really decent-to-high-quality games compared to most VG companies.

But I could be wrong. Happens all the time. I know nothing (other than the names) of series like Devil May Cry, Dino Crisis, Lost Planet, and other Capcom games.

Also, to your last comment: If they remake RE2, they should stick with the RE1make treatment, and avoid any sort of RE4 camera. Any sort of RE4-type of gameplay would turn RE2, an already short game, into a REALLY short game.
                              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-28-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                                Remotely fair to who?! Is the Wii getting Resident Evil 5?

Why shouldn't Wii owners get something to compensate for that fact?

why couldnt PS2 owners get the remake and resident evil ports huh??? and Resident Evil 0... so psshhh

Comment

Working...
                                X