No announcement yet.

Biohazard 2 Remake on the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That make us four then. I don't see the need to make every new game in 3D, if the pre-rendered backgrounds definetly make REmake scary, detail and fun to play, then make a RE2 Remake with the same formula. Personally I don't care if the camera isn't like the RE4 style

Comment

• My only fear is that they are going to recycle RE:OF2 again.

I hate the look of the RPD in that game and the nerve gas idea ruins that scenario. Not to mention the salamander lickers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowLeggy View Post
        If they do remake this, dear God, if it's in RE4 style I'll slit somebodies throat.

*prays to teh Zombie Gods*

Just do it like the RE1 remake. That shit was brilliantly perfect.

<3
        This! I mentioned it somewhere else as well. A remake always has potential, and I think if they bring new things into it while staying true to the original, then it's all good. The REmake did just that, giving you so much extra information and a whole new storyline to go along with it. Pretty graphics were just a (much loved) bonus.

I just hope if it ever did happen with 2, that they keep the same style. As much as I really do like RE4's style and camera/controls for what they are, I'd much prefer the good oldschool style.

Comment

• I'm not hugely bothered by the control scheme. I think three would benefit from RE4 style controls a lot more but, if they didn't fill it to the rafters with enemies or turn it into a, 'wander along a set path killing crap' game then the controls could work for an RE2 remake as well. I just imagine it would be similar to 3.5, without the hallucinations. And I likes me 3.5. But then I've always been obssesed with stuff I can't get my hands on to play.

The grass is always greener, I suppose.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this rumour debunked?
            See you in hell.

Comment

• Pretty much. It's more a 'if this ever happens how would you like it?' thread at this point anyway.

Comment

• I just knew that it hasn't been confirmed yet
                Last edited by BLSR1; 09-03-2008, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Well, there's nothing on Famitsu and Sven said this is false.... if it exists, it's still to be announced and there's no word about it.

Comment

• Even if a remake of RE2 was made, and it was done in the old school style, I honestly can't see how anyone could possibly want it after what Capcom did with the RE3 scenario in Umbrella Chronicles. I imagine an RE2 remake would be no different. Capcom would just recycle the relevant enviornments (and enemies) from the Outbreak games as well as Leon and Ada's character models from RE4. I highly doubt it would even come close to the level of polish and care that was taken in REmake.

Comment

• well if everyone remembers square kept FF13 on the 360 a secret til E#, so maybe a RE2 remake even with RE1 graphics is possible...

then again i still think squre is teasing us with FFVII remake news...THERE WAS NO WAY THAT WAS A TECH DEMO!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                        I imagine an RE2 remake would be no different. Capcom would just recycle the relevant enviornments (and enemies) from the Outbreak games as well as Leon and Ada's character models from RE4. I highly doubt it would even come close to the level of polish and care that was taken in REmake.
                        Yeah, they've been a bunch of fat lazy asses lately. I saw pictures from Ada's UB Chronicles scenario and it was just palm-to-face worthy. Like okay, how many times have you used those environments? 3? 4? 62? And seeing Ada with her RE4 stature and haircut made me wanna die. I guess Wesker gave her a haircut after saving her from a 100 foot drop, patched her up and sent her on her way.

If they used the models, they'd prolly use the 'new' style too.

Then I'd have to slit some throats.

Comment

• Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                          then again i still think squre is teasing us with FFVII remake news...THERE WAS NO WAY THAT WAS A TECH DEMO!!!!!
                          haha hope dies last

Anyway a remake would be awesome wether it would have oldschool RE controls or RE4 ones :p
                          Well what would be awesome is they put two and three together into one game and you play each scenario chronologicaly then (maybe even include the 4th survivor and Ada's escape into the storyline) Maybe Jill even encounters Birkin then (okay joke). Anyway those are just dreams and it's not likely they gonna attempt it b4 RE5 is released anyway.

So i guess for now waiting for RE: Degenerations and RE5 is i think a good thing to do

Maybe they gonna make a Dino Crisis 4 after RE5

Comment

• Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
                            My only fear is that they are going to recycle RE:OF2 again.

I hate the look of the RPD in that game and the nerve gas idea ruins that scenario. Not to mention the salamander lickers.
                            Ugh, I hate those stupid lickers... I like the actually menacing ones from 2 (especially when they can do that screaming and jumping slashing thingy ish move attacking at you that makes your character lose a ton of blood )

As for the recycling OB2, to be fair, more than half of the RPD wasn't completed. Meaning if they made an RE2 remake, they'd have to redesign a good number of areas anyways (stuff I'm pretty sure they can't just reuse OB2 for certain textures).

Originally posted by ShadowLeggy View Post

I guess Wesker gave her a haircut after saving her from a 100 foot drop, patched her up and sent her on her way.
                            Since you're going by UC anyways, Wesker 'saving her life' meant that he sat at a computer outside of Raccoon city and basically opened a remote-controlled briefcase for her about 2 days after RE2, not actually physically saving her...
                            Last edited by JcFFx; 09-04-2008, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Biocore;40952] Capcom ruined the Biohazard franchise[QUOTE]

please keep those kinds of opinions to yourself, you can express them but dont try and force them on other people, because myself, i love all the re games and i belive that the newer games are getting even better as the story progresses

Originally posted by Jill Lover View Post
                              Yeah RE2 with the same control of RE4 would be ridiculous... Capcom only cares money so I'm sure that if this is really true, RE2 Remake would be a waste of money and time. I don't believe it will be treated like REmake was, so as far as I'm concerned, Capcom wants to add recycled games to the Wii console to earn money making those fanboys wasting their hopes and the worst... their money.
                              #

yet youd probebly complain if they had no money to make the resi game at all
                              its how they get money to make games, if they dont, they cant m ake games and keep the company running
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
                                Initially, they did comment that they could've put the game on the PS2 but they preferred the GC. Pre-rendered backgrounds, with 4-5 (mostly less) enemies on screen locked at 30Hz is nothing technically taxing beyond anything they've done on the PS2. If they managed to port a far more taxing game like RE4 in mere months competently, the first two games would've been a snap.

And RE4 isn't their best PS2 effort. That honor goes to Onimusha 3, which despite running at 60Hz, nearly replicated the meticulous detail of pre-rendered backgrouds in realtime. It had some of the best water physics I've seen last gen.

I'd count the lack of PS2 ports of those games a blessing. No one likes to see their console purchase devalued, and a lot of us bought the GC for the games.

i have a ps1,2 and 3 and a gamecube, and i must say i prefer re4 on gamecube to the ps2, it was compressed so much on the ps2 that the sounds were terrible and the graphics where horrible and blocky. the Gamecube is deffintily more powerful than the ps2

Comment

Working...
                                X