1.5 Map Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
    Could somebody post those images again, please, for comparison? Thanks.
    You mean these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BH2_RPD_F2.png
Views:	3
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	401766

Name:	ROOM7XX014.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	401767Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM7XX015.jpeg
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	401768Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM7XX016.jpeg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	401769

Comment

• Yes. Thank you. I was editing my reply when you posted the images.

Compare the RE15 snap with the first ripped background from the Trial, and you'll see what I'm talking about. The doors are definitely different. As to how much of the rest of the room is different from what it would have been in RE15 ... well ... who knows? The Trial rips are all we have to go with, unless that OTHER development eventually sees the light of day - and I'm hoping it does.
      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        Do you mean the one in the Lab?

Also, can someone tell me where this area is?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7235[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7237[/ATTACH]
        Do these backgrounds have any boundaries? How can we be sure they're not part of the 1.5 sewers? You can see the ventilation shaft similar to the ones the spiders come out of.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
          Do you mean the one in the Lab?

Also, can someone tell me where this area is?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]7234[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7235[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7236[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7237[/ATTACH]
          This area is very similar to one from the 1.5 videos, look:

Name:	1.5_sewer.png
Size:	572.0 KB
ID:	401770

Comment

• Interesting, the camera angles are virtually identical! Does anyone know the dates the files were last modified?

Comment

• 4/3/1997 for the autopsy room, sewer hallway, and the other unknown RPD hallway. The early marshalling yard, streets and RPD main hall follow about a week or two after (4/8 & 4/15). IIRC, 1.5 was scheduled for a Q1 1997 release, so these rooms were compiled after it was scrapped. The 1.5 lab hallway in the same folder was added 7/16.

I never noticed those two rooms used the same angles. I guess they could have made the one from the Trial based on the model from the one in 1.5. The small pipes on the left wall and the one above the vent cover in the last shot, as well as the ceiling lights, match up exactly where the ones in 1.5 are. Same floor texture too, I think.
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-13-2012, 12:43 AM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                This area is very similar to one from the 1.5 videos, look:
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]7284[/ATTACH]
                I think this area is after you go through the door, with the bars, in the kennel. I don't mean the one where Leon is running.
                Last edited by Black~Crow; 10-13-2012, 01:48 AM.
                I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

• That sewer hallway is not a 1.5 area. It is a retail concept room, part of the other retail concept room sets designed as a sample of the detail and design to expect in retail RE2.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Wow ... I never noticed that about the two sewer corridors. Good catch! Speaking of which, I've always suspected that the BH2B1 RPD Test Corridor (the "hook" one ending in double doors) was a reskinned RE15 RPD Basement corridor. It reminds me a lot of the one in that lone RE15 basement clip - that "green" one we never could fit anywhere - where Leon comes around the corner and shoots a zombie? The camera angles are different, though, and the hook part of the corridor with the Exit door is too narrow. Probably just another case of me seeing what I want to see. It would explain why you can't open any of the side doors, though. There were never any doors there if it came from RE15, and they would have been added later on (if needed) in RE2.
                    Last edited by RMandel; 10-19-2012, 04:01 AM.
                    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• ^^^

I'm pretty sure that this "green" corridor is on B2. The stairwell is clearly marked by the illuminated exit sign, and I hypothesize that the door beyond it leads to the Kennel. It likely connects with the bluish basement hallway seen in the video where Leon blows a zombie's head off and runs past him.
                      Last edited by Enigmatism415; 10-19-2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X