Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Retribution (Trailer 6-14-12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Dont you bring that shit here! We're already trying to recover from the first awful trailer!

Leave a comment:

• MiLØ
    replied
    Ever since Retribution's promo posters/concept art had surfaced the net, I though to myself - Nazi zombies on the bikes in RE... Are you fucking serious!?

But hey, it's entertaining right, so why the heck not.

These uniforms actually look like a combination of German with Soviets from WWII.

But since they only mentioned [in this trailer] Moscow and a few seconds of action at the Red Square was shown, I guess these guys suppose to be Russians infected with the virus, yet still retain some of their humanity.

Last edited by MiLØ; 06-15-2012, 01:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Det. Beauregard
    replied
    I can't believe people actually pay money to see this crap.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    My issue with Las Plagas is however there is no fucking explination in Afterlife why they even turn up (as does the Executioner of course, again no reason). Now it's not only just turning up at random, clones are now injecting it into themselves. Woo-hoo. Thats some top quality script work there.

Just so happened to see this at the bottom of the page that Smiley linked, also I hadn't seen it:

RESIDENT EVIL 5 RETRIBUTION Set Visit. 25 Things to Know About RESIDENT EVIL 5 RETRIBUTION starring Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Li BingBing

25 things about the film from the set visit, which adds further nuggets of info about the situation. Most interesting to the ongoing debate about Capcom's role is comments made by Anderson.

•When Anderson signed on for the first film, he flew to Osaka and spent three days at Capcom explaining his vision and having a dialogue with the game creators.
    •Anderson says the relationship between the films and Capcom is symbiotic. They look at the scripts and give notes, and sometimes the Anderson and the people working on the film franchise will change things because of the comments.
    I think Anderson needs to look up what a symbiotic relationship is... because a one way return where you sometimes change things on feedback is not symbiotic.
    Last edited by Rombie; 06-15-2012, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Canas Renvall
    replied
    Well damn. That's kind of a copout. Ah well, roll with the punches. So goes life.

Las Plagas doesn't really bother me, they were in Afterlife and I could see them from that trailer, so no big shocker there.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    Michelle Rodriguez confirms clones and las plagas (interview a while back):

http://collider.com/michelle-rodrigu...erview/138348/
    GDI. Man, I somehow missed this when I saw the rest of the interviews at Collider. I linked to the one where Jovovich was mouthing off about the movies/games thing. Ah well, thanks... yeah your explination makes a lot more sense now.
    Last edited by Rombie; 06-14-2012, 11:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Let me be the first to vomit in outrage.

Leave a comment:

• Smiley
    replied
    Michelle Rodriguez confirms clones and las plagas (interview a while back):

Leave a comment:

• Tyrant Rose
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Jovovich herself is a clueless tit and Anderson is just a pretentious hack.
    Have two people ever deserved each other more?

Leave a comment:

• Eir Deimos
    replied
    I think it’s obvious by now that the guy is making movies about his wife being an ultimate Mary-sue, not movies about RE.
    "Milla Jovovich in 3D"

Leave a comment:

• ValentineLover
    replied
    Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
    All I know is I'm still looking forward to it. I just hope, like I said, that One and Rain aren't clones. That'd be kinda lame.

And Paul, that's how I feel about it. I'm satisfied with the movies being in their own separate universe from the game. I like both the games and the movies, but I never want them to cross paths.
    This tbh

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    Alice in Wonderland - Madness Returns

(Love the part that goes "Milla Jovovich in 3D")
    More like: Paul Anderson's Alice-Madness Returns. But a second the story in that game is miles better that these movies will ever be

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    I just want to clarify, I don't know if I'm right at all... I mean it's very possible that what Smiley wrote is correct but it just smacks of too much inconsistency if it does take place after Afterlife. But i couldnt explain Luther either without it, so the trailer goes either way. That wouldn't be the first time Anderson has smacked all sorts of inconsistant story devices in so just to make things work (Clones... hello)... so whatever.

Actually given Anderson's track record it's probably some sort of Holodeck/Matrix style thing. Then they're just computer programs and not more clones. :p
    Last edited by Rombie; 06-14-2012, 08:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Code_R
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Milla couldn't look more constipated.
    IN 3D!

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonElder
    replied
    Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    She is right about the movies and RE being a popular name now. Before the movies you ask someone random on the street what RE is most people wouldn't know. Now it is a household name.

Very few video games penetrate the general public like movies can, Mario, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, maybe Sonic in the 90s, Call of Duty now. RE name was never as big as any of these until the movies happened.
    True but lets pretend for a minute that those 'movies' were actually good movies. How big would the series be then?

But to counter what I just said look at how good the Silent Hill movie was and that did the games no justice. The games saved themselves, the only thing the movies did was to make soccer moms and non-gamers aware of the series and this makes absolutley no difference to gamers because they are non-gamers. So its a moo point.

On a side note I went to see Avengers yesterday and a mini Re trailer was shown and I said outloud what a load of shit and the boy behind me agreed. Lol love it when that happens and it isnt the first time. It's happened to me in Blockbusters, Game, Tesco. I am waiting for the day that someone actually defends them and that will be the day I meet Paul Anderson in person so I can punch him in his stupid asswipe face.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Or Anorexic.

Caption for that image should be 'Fuck you and your food!'

Leave a comment:

Working...
X