Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there were refugees at the station, then it would make sense if they got treated at the medical room. Also, didn't one of the Bio guidebooks mention that the STARS team members were given first aid at the RPD medical room before being brought to a general hospital? Would be pretty cool if they throw in a reference about it (kinda have a feeling they will put a file about it in the medical room).
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
      Why would a 'patient' be staying at a police precinct? Besides the uneasy factor, I never really understood why the police department would have a medical room. A forensic's lab, perhaps. Even the morgue in retail was a bit of a stretch.
      It isn't entirely uncommon for Police precincts to have medical equipment and built-in facilities.

For example, in some instances, "mental" patients can be held at a precinct until they are transported to proper, psychiatric facilities that specialize in such matters. Depending on the paperwork, severity of the case, and/or the precinct, police officers typically transfer such offenders straight to a psychiatric facility.

Furthermore, I've known of several precincts that have built-in mortuaries/morgues, where forensic coroners will perform autopsies before sending the patient/victim to local funeral homes (for family viewing, etc). Such cases aren't unusual for victims of high-profile crimes.

Nowadays, many police precincts have forensic laboratories, but nothing too grand (unless that precinct is located in a largely populated city - New York is a prime example).

...and finally, some precincts are actually built into (or have extending hallways leading to) real, major hospitals, such is the case in the large town where I live.

So, no, it isn't uncommon.

Source(s): I've had several years of experience in law (not police/enforcement).
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I suppose I was being critical for no reason - as Darkness said it's not that hard to fathom. I wonder if they'll use the medical room renders from the trial disc? That looks too much like an operating room though, or was it supposed to be part of the lab originally?

Comment

• The medical rooms and things like that are what make 1.5 and its police station interesting to me. I'll be excited to explore the whole thing.

Comment

• can't wait to play trial version

i wonder how many rooms will be available ? probably the majority of RPD will be locked...
            Last edited by warren; 10-21-2013, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
              I suppose I was being critical for no reason - as Darkness said it's not that hard to fathom. I wonder if they'll use the medical room renders from the trial disc? That looks too much like an operating room though, or was it supposed to be part of the lab originally?
              I think that room was just a test room crafted between 1.5 and retail, it doesnt seem to be a perfect fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by warren View Post
                can't wait to play trial version

i wonder how many rooms will be available ? probably the majority of RPD will be locked...
                Doubt it, the save system will be in the trial edition last I heard so I'm expecting most of the rpd being playable.

Comment

• I know its just a trial, but I hope they still include the debug menu so we can look at other rooms to see their process.
                  Visit the Resident Evil 1.5 wiki and contribute to (Hopefully), a central zone for all 1.5 info.

Comment

• ^ I doubt it. They said they'll be encrypting the game and locking out the debug menu for the finished product, so they'll probably do the same for the Trial edition. Being able to access the locked contents defeats the purpose of locking them out, since they're trying to avoid people hacking/spoiling the game, wouldn't you say?

I'm hoping they include a "Nightmare" mode and some unlockable weapon bonuses for the Trial. That's what they did in the Revelations and RE4 demos, respectively.
                    Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                      ^ I doubt it. They said they'll be encrypting the game and locking out the debug menu for the finished product, so they'll probably do the same for the Trial edition. Being able to access the locked contents defeats the purpose of locking them out, since they're trying to avoid people hacking/spoiling the game, wouldn't you say?

I'm hoping they include a "Nightmare" mode and some unlockable weapon bonuses for the Trial. That's what they did in the Revelations and RE4 demos, respectively.
                      What would be the point of encrypting the game exactly?
                      Anyways, Nightmare mode would be pretty cool, especially if it was like the one from RE Outbreak.
                      Visit the Resident Evil 1.5 wiki and contribute to (Hopefully), a central zone for all 1.5 info.

Comment

• ^ They do not want people extracting and modifying the game files. I was thinking more along the lines of RE2's Nightmare mode where enemies are bullet sponges and you die from 3 hits. Partnered with 1.5's plentiful enemy spawns, it should make for an interesting challenge.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Trial ETA is still "when it's done" with no mention of a Halloween release, right?
                          If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckthePlant View Post
                            Trial ETA is still "when it's done" with no mention of a Halloween release, right?
                            Yeah. The last I heard they intend to release the demo in 2013 but given that they don't want to rush their work it could possibly fall into early 2014. Hopefully it will be a Christmas present at the latest this year. So you might want to find something to keep you busy while we wait.
                            sigpic
                            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                              Yeah. The last I heard they intend to release the demo in 2013 but given that they don't want to rush their work it could possibly fall into early 2014. Hopefully it will be a Christmas present at the latest this year. So you might want to find something to keep you busy while we wait.
                              too bad the full game can't be the present. XD

Comment

• At least it's not a 3D Realms "When it's done" ...
                                Last edited by 90s Gamer; 10-21-2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X