Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
    I cant see anything in that picture, but most of i said is true, the alligator is not big as the one in RE2 or maybe because they are regular enemies to face down the sewers rather than a boss fight ?
    There's a giant one like in retail, and several smaller ones that function as regular enemies. As for the size of the giant one:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	45d0415ce1f4374e53e85d87e920864do.gif
Views:	1
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	401612
    It's commonly believed that the green thing on the lower right hand side is the alligator. But if you look at the Elza pic, you can clearly see she's shooting at the giant silhouette beside her that's under the water (which conveniently moves in between the Leon and Elza pic, which proves that it isn't just some background shadow).

As for why the giant alligator looks like one big giant shadow in the blurry digi cam pic:
    Spoiler:
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      There's no "engine's limitations", it all depends on how they managed memory and how many polygons the model has. If RE2 can handle the alligator so could RE1 and 1.5 as well, especially given how the polygon pool works exactly the same among all RE PlayStation titles.
      if that's true, why they couldn't do any of that in the first place instead of scrapping the game and start the development process all over again ? all the characters and creatures models has been hugely improved over 1.5 and more detailed than ever ! but they sacrificed enemies AI to pay more intention to graphics, is that what you're telling me ?
      I'm not familiar with video games development , would you enlighten me more about the process?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post

The "Giant Alligator Boss" turned out to be a shrub
        Cannot write comedy like this.
        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• At the very least, if this gets released, people will have a real "survival horror" to play for the first time in a few years. But on the flip side, I can imagine it being underwhelming and the flaws that caused them to scrap it will become apparent. At least then we will have to do with less beta zealots.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            At the very least, if this gets released, people will have a real "survival horror" to play for the first time in a few years.
            i must say it would be the first Resident Evil with survival horror in ages. because by survival horror i'm pleased with Alan Wake and its action style spin off American nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
              if that's true, why they couldn't do any of that in the first place instead of scrapping the game and start the development process all over again ?
              We will never know the actual reasons behind them scrapping most of the scenario work and reusing the rest for RE2, but given how the two games ended up being technically very similar we can safely assume it had nothing to do with the engine. They clearly didn't restart development all over again, especially on the engine side of the task. That's not how you'd do the job in the video game industry, it would be a complete monetary suicide and overkill.

all the characters and creatures models has been hugely improved over 1.5 and more detailed than ever !
              You mean from RE1 to 1.5 or from 1.5 to 2? Because in the first case all they did was using less detailed models to allow more objects visible on screen, meaning the alligator could still be managed with no quirks if that was the only model present on screen with the player. As for 1.5 -> RE2 they actually look incredibly similar, which makes me believe the engine RE2 runs on is only a much more complete build of the same from 1.5, which is, of course, consequently derived from RE1.

but they sacrificed enemies AI to pay more intention to graphics, is that what you're telling me ?
              AI has nothing to do with model details. One is done on the GPU side of the machine, the other on the CPU.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Enhanced the pic a bit, and highlighted the silhouette:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_alligator_leon222.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	401614Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_alligator_leon2222222.jpg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	401615

AI has nothing to do with model details.
                Here's a question for you, Gemini, since you seem to have the technical know-how with RE hacking: Assuming the materials between 1.5 and retail are cross-compatible, would it actually be possible to port enemies from retail to 1.5? Animations should be possible, but how about the AI? This build is apparently missing the alligators, so I guess I'm kinda curious if it's even possible to re-implement them with the models and AI scripts from retail.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• All I can say about the AI is that RE2 manages each monster/NPC entity with pure MIPS code (which is just C routines in the high-level program), so a monster's behavior cannot be ported with a quick & dirty job, especially if the code contains a ton of static references to engine variables. It could still be doable with event driven AI, but it would look out of place given how the rest of the enemies work in the engine. If I were to reprogram the alligator, I would base it on some other monster from 1.5 and then apply all the necessary changes to make it behave slightly different. Then again, it's not like the retail alligator had a very complicated AI. :p All it did was chasing you in a narrow tunnel and bite you when you're in its mouth reach.

Comment

• I noticed that enemies AI in 1.5 is far superior than RE2, zombies can climb obstacles etc, could you explain to me what is the point of reducing the AI intelligence in RE2 ?
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• It's not like RE2 offers many places for them to climb or any holes to crawl under.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 09-13-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Well that's disappointing. I was kinda hoping the G-embryo's AI could be used to make jumping baby alligators that could latch to you.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Sorry to get off topic, but I was looking through the background files for the BH1.5 Labs, and many areas look identical or at least very similar to the BH2 Labs, as has long been known to the community. However, can someone tell me which BH1.5 Lab backgrounds are indeed perfectly identical to their retail counterparts? Also, it seems like almost every background in the Train area has remained completely unchanged between retail and 1.5 (except maybe the control panel that says "Diesel", rather than the one with the fuse sockets).

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, there are more differences than I had thought. Most of these differences amount to slight camera-angle shifts and various small details / scraps littering the areas.
                          Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• I find william birkin's lab in 1.5 is the most perfectly identical to the retail version lab !
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Hey , i found a guy in youtube claiming to have 1.5. I E-mailed him , and he said that he is going to send me UNSEEN pics of the game to prove me that is true... IDK what to believe lol , if this is actually true it would be awesome. Ill attach the E-mails:

ME: I saw your comment on youtube !! please tell me u have it !! LEAK IT TO THE WEB !! BE A NICE PERSON !!!!!!
                              HIM:It was hard to get that game and now I'm doing business on it. So if you are interested, it will cost you 30$ for the game. It will include the game and the special emulator for it.
                              And you shouldn't put it to the WEB. If you agree with this, let me know.
                              ME:hahaha this looks like a scam , i need some Screenshots of never seen areas , or different angles... i want to believe that you actually have the game... if you send me that , ill buy it to you
                              HIM:Ok. I'm in a trip at the moment. I will play the game probable on monday and send you some screenshots.
                              MEkay , ill wait for u.
                              just send me pics that have never been seen before... Oh , btw. Do u have the 40% build or the 65% - 80% one?

And thats it... i just hope this isnt a scam. Sorry if i upset some of u for believing this could be true... I never lose hope hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by Morellus View Post
                                Hey , i found a guy in youtube claiming to have 1.5. I E-mailed him , and he said that he is going to send me UNSEEN pics of the game to prove me that is true... IDK what to believe lol , if this is actually true it would be awesome. Ill attach the E-mails:

ME: I saw your comment on youtube !! please tell me u have it !! LEAK IT TO THE WEB !! BE A NICE PERSON !!!!!!
                                HIM:It was hard to get that game and now I'm doing business on it. So if you are interested, it will cost you 30$ for the game. It will include the game and the special emulator for it.
                                And you shouldn't put it to the WEB. If you agree with this, let me know.
                                ME:hahaha this looks like a scam , i need some Screenshots of never seen areas , or different angles... i want to believe that you actually have the game... if you send me that , ill buy it to you
                                HIM:Ok. I'm in a trip at the moment. I will play the game probable on monday and send you some screenshots.
                                MEkay , ill wait for u.
                                just send me pics that have never been seen before... Oh , btw. Do u have the 40% build or the 65% - 80% one?

And thats it... i just hope this isnt a scam. Sorry if i upset some of u for believing this could be true... I never lose hope hehe
                                keep us updated, young hopeful! actually, you should send us the video, id like to see this dude talking about having 1.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X