Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i thought i remembered hearing or reading once they wanted Hunk to have grenades in Re 2 maybe it was just me and my brother talking but it would of been an awesome idea, would hunk of been in 1.5? hes one of my favorite characters.

Comment

• I thought it was fairly well known that the Grenades were exclusive to Leon, whilst the Grenade Launcher was exclusive to Elza.

Comment

• Leon's exclusive on hand grenades is pretty much a given.

Now for the real implementation, I guess I'll fine tune the way they work, especially the explosion range. Trial and error will do, eventually. I'm still not convinced about grenades accidentally hurting Leon, as shells behave nothing like that. 1.5 has such buggy code for sprite-based weapons that it's hard telling what was their real intention.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Seems like the grenades are a real pain..
          Couldn't it just act like the grenade launcher (but obviously without the launcher in hand) in terms or range and usage?
          Obviously in real life, this would be stupid and dangerous at such close range, but this is a game after all.

Either that, or have an exclusive type of grenade launcher for Leon, and one for Elza - each with their own pro's and con's?
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Rolling the grenade along the ground with an auto adjust to explode at the enemy seems like that would be fair considering that Leon doesn't get to use the grenade launcher. No need to penalize the player for trying to use them with awkward misses and harming themselves.

I really like the idea of remote mines too. I would totally kite the apes around a corner into a swift death.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
              I just figured you never get the option to choose between either because grenades was Leon's answer to not having a grenade launcher. In our beta the grenades only work for leon and we only ever see leon with the grenades in all gameplay footage.
              I didn't mean both Leon and Elza should be able to use both types of grenades, I meant just justify the use of both hand grenades and GL in the overall game experience by giving them different attributes, because if they worked exactly the same, then there would be pointless to give Leon hand grenades and Elza the GL, you could give the GL to both characters and it would be the same. If there're two Shotguns in the game you can expect Leon getting one and Elza getting the other, which might have slightly different stats. Same for grenades, giving Leon hand grenades is much better than having both characters have access to both the GL and hand grenades, plus there're three types of each so it could be over complicating.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Leon and Elza share the same weapons for the most part anyway. The models and names are different but the behaviors seem to be the same overall. I don't really see a need for them to be different outside of aesthetics since the hand grenades are Leon's only option. I wouldn't be opposed to Leon and Elza having their own exclusives of some kind though. (Freeze rounds for Elza and Remote mines for Leon for example.) I'm not sure how feasible that would be though.

But considering that Leon and Elza both use grenade/incendiary/acid I would rather those be equal between them in regard to ease of use, practicality, and damage.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I myself was pissed at Leon getting exclusive grabs to the shotgun in retail. The bow gun was trash and the grenade launcher doesn't compare to the magnums raw power. Interesting how the male characters game in 2 is far easier while in RE1 the males game was far harder. Guess that was the idea? To fool us?

Comment

• Don't forget that characters can aim their weapons up, down, and level. Aiming up could prompt Leon to throw the grenade in an arc, aiming down could prompt him to roll the grenade on the floor, and aiming straight forward can prompt him to throw it dead ahead.

Comment

• I would imagine that those functions could still exist but the grenades would need to explode on impact if they're auto adjusted for the nearest enemy. Maybe just tweak the damage based on what grenade you're using and what you're using it on for the acid/incendiary types, and the regular grenade being more damaging and a larger area of effect overall but also more scarce.

EDIT:

Assuming Elza could find freeze rounds they could be effective at slowing down the quicker enemie or disabling them in some way like limiting their ability to climb. And if remote mines are too difficult to implement in a practical manner maybe have them operate on proximity instead.
                      Last edited by Graco; 07-25-2015, 01:00 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                        I myself was pissed at Leon getting exclusive grabs to the shotgun in retail. The bow gun was trash and the grenade launcher doesn't compare to the magnums raw power. Interesting how the male characters game in 2 is far easier while in RE1 the males game was far harder. Guess that was the idea? To fool us?
                        It was a bit harsh to deny claire a shotgun but the bowgun was fine. It's just awkward that there is a bowgun period. Why would there be a bowgun anywhere?
                        A gameplay issue for claire was that she got too much grenade launcher ammo of all types in her game. Pretty much defeated the purpose of the bowgun and zappy gun. The grenade launcher just makes claire runthrough a dull time for speedrunners.

I believe the difficulty swap between the two main characters was just to switch things up but you can also flip that around and say it was done to preserve the difficulty of the Redfields.

I asked this before but I dont think it was ever resolved but whats the difficulty distribution between the two in 1.5? Is it the same? Maybe it was never made in stone before the cancellation? Maybe Leon's grenades is our only lead to tell us that Leon's game was intended to be the hard one? Chris needing to deal with flash grenades in remake being a throwback to 1.5?

...now that I think about it a bowgun being present can be a remnant of a museum exhibit. Boom.
                        Last edited by NEOMEGA; 07-25-2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Port the RE3 mine thrower to Squeeze Bomb 1.5

Comment

• We don't need that weapon in there. Keep the base weapon all from 1.5, nothing over the top like the Mine thrower.
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                              It was a bit harsh to deny claire a shotgun but the bowgun was fine. It's just awkward that there is a bowgun period. Why would there be a bowgun anywhere?
                              A gameplay issue for claire was that she got too much grenade launcher ammo of all types in her game. Pretty much defeated the purpose of the bowgun and zappy gun. The grenade launcher just makes claire runthrough a dull time for speedrunners.

I believe the difficulty swap between the two main characters was just to switch things up but you can also flip that around and say it was done to preserve the difficulty of the Redfields.

I asked this before but I dont think it was ever resolved but whats the difficulty distribution between the two in 1.5? Is it the same? Maybe it was never made in stone before the cancellation? Maybe Leon's grenades is our only lead to tell us that Leon's game was intended to be the hard one? Chris needing to deal with flash grenades in remake being a throwback to 1.5?

...now that I think about it a bowgun being present can be a remnant of a museum exhibit. Boom.
                              He probably supplied the gamekeeper at the mansion and did a bit of hunting with Barry and Chris, Chris being an angler as well.
                              Then there's the fact that both Iron's and ? where into taxidermy so no doubt used bowguns for hunting game also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                                We don't need that weapon in there. Keep the base weapon all from 1.5, nothing over the top like the Mine thrower.
                                I must agree with this. There are going to be two new weapons anyway, one as an extras and the other as an easter egg. On a related matter, the fire extinguisher has been removed from the weapon list, works as an event item for consistency.
                                Last edited by Gemini; 07-26-2015, 10:00 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Working...
                                X