Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm hoping they will add an extra difficulty mode , because I found RE2 very easy even the pc versions hard mode was easy.
    I want I really hard mode maybe called (True Survivor mode)

2 zombie bites = danger
    4 jumping attacks from a single dog = danger

Make it hard like Zombi/ZombiU

Comment

• The alligator boss looks like it could have been hard due to the slow running handicap and small area and assuming it could swallow you. Birkin 2 didn't appear to run in the complete disk video and 3/4 we know nothing about how they fought.

The apes on the other hand seem like they can put up quite the fight and the manspider is extremely easy but possibly due to incomplete AI.

Comment

• I wonder how many shots the Baby Alligators took to kill.

Comment

• Judging by RE1 and 2 standards prolly 2-3 shotgun shells, I imagine the boss alligator was like 8 shotgun shells or more

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            I actually wouldn't mind not having any FMVs... There are other ways.
            How much easier is it to create retail PSX FMVs today when compared to the 90's? I don't believe I've ever seen that discussed.
            sigpic
            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Not hard at all really. There is already software available from Sony that encodes STR video that are compatible with PS1. All we need is a capable few people who can rig some models, edit the audio, and then render it. Then use said program to convert it to STR format.

You could whip up some images in Photoshop explaining the backstory, add some music, transitions/effects, and render away. They would work on the PS1 100%. This is the easiest way to make some makeshift FMV's, even for the demo version that's coming this could be used.
              Last edited by Zombie_X; 08-26-2015, 08:25 PM.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                How much easier is it to create retail PSX FMVs today when compared to the 90's? I don't believe I've ever seen that discussed.
                Depends on complexity. It's like comparing hand made artwork and all digital Photoshop. Does Photoshop make your life easier? Yes, but there's still all the bulk work to fill. Apply the same principle to 90s vs recent hardware. It's no wonder why companies still outsource most of this.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• When this project finishes I have a feeling we will be even more heavilly anticipating Behind the Mask

Comment

• Id always wanted someone to make a resident evil game based on the book - Resident evil caliban cove.
                    But first on my list is 1.5 , so excited to hopefully just play the demo sometime soon ( hopefully ) But at least I have the V build
                    That's more then I thought id get so I'm still happy lol.

Comment

• I'm so confident that this project will get finished. I also wanna see Caliban Cove as a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                        From a technical point of view it's much easier since hardware has really evolved, from an artistic side it's just as difficult and time consuming as two decades ago, you still need some capable modellers, texture and lighting artists, riggers, animators, etc.

Animation would be tricky to recreate style wise because the original FMVs used MoCap, and I think nobody here has a MoCap studio so animations should be created frame by frame just like Pixar and Disney do in their movies.
                        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                          From a technical point of view it's much easier since hardware has really evolved, from an artistic side it's just as difficult and time consuming as two decades ago, you still need some capable modellers, texture and lighting artists, riggers, animators, etc.

Animation would be tricky to recreate style wise because the original FMVs used MoCap, and I think nobody here has a MoCap studio so animations should be created frame by frame just like Pixar and Disney do in their movies.
                          Exactly, you need the actors too, one thing is animating an object, another is recreating believable human movements, unless you hire people from ILM.

If you search for some Reel, you'll notice that the majority is for cartoony characters.
                          Last edited by SonicBlue; 08-28-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                            Exactly, you need the actors too, one thing is animating an object, another is recreating believable human movements, unless you hire people from ILM.

If you search for some Reel, you'll notice that the majority is for cartoony characters.
                            I heard of people being able to use their Kinect's as a sort of primitive, not so costly mo-cap system. I'm not sure how well it works when compared to what the professional industry uses, I would imagine not very good.

Rigging models these days isn't so much a big deal. They have services now like Mixamo where you upload your model and their algorithm does a good job at rigging humanoid models automatically.

Comment

• So Alphaomegasin called me a dumbass for saying that the Invader Games announcement was bullshit. This makes me lose hope in him...

Click image for larger version

Name:	alphaomegasin.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	404751

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                                So Alphaomegasin called me a dumbass for saying that the Invader Games announcement was bullshit. This makes me lose hope in him...
                                Don't stress over it... it's just ignorance of the history of IG. Given the mainstream media's lack of investigating the history of the project while they were all fizzing at the bunghole over the videos originally and Alphaomegasin's constant raging boner over how awesome RE2 was and how much he's always wanted a remake it's not surprising he'd be on the same bandwagon without looking into it.

As for him in general... personally I don't get the point of rage critics myself... soapbox stands I can understand, but if you're mostly just angry about everything I don't get that nor believe you'll ever be all that happy with anything.
                                Last edited by Rombie; 08-30-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X