Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    Nobody will ever get the 72% build.
    What about the 76.3% build?

Comment

• I got the 100% build. Dual Shock ver. No Elza
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Sooooo, speaking of immersion, about that picture earlier:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CWxH9ZRWoAA8vBz.png
Views:	2
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	404786

Is that a plasma TV hanging on the back wall? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure back in '97 they hadn't been invented yet, and we were still using those old bulky TVs. Y'know, the ones we would watch VHS's tapes on? Hell, it'd be another year or two before DVD's came out......so yeah, just wondering about that
        It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• Sooooo, speaking of immersion, about that picture earlier:

Name:	CWxH9ZRWoAA8vBz.png
Views:	2
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	404786

Is that a plasma TV hanging on the back wall? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure back in '97 they hadn't been invented yet, and we were still using those old bulky TVs. Y'know, the ones we used to watch VHS tapes on? Hell, it'd be another year or two before DVD's even came out......so yeah, just wondering about that

Goddamn double-post s***
          Last edited by towerofpowerx; 01-14-2016, 12:11 PM.
          It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            That's the point, we're talking about style choices. You don't need to make things up when you already have a design canva for the base game, a known esthetic. I bet everything you want Capcom would have used a similar style between those two sets of stairs, and wouldn't have used some kind of strange design just for the sake of making something different.

I don't think the game needs some kind of personnal design touch when there is really no need to do that. Maybe it's nitpicking, maybe not. But when it comes to immersion, I think it's a pretty big deal. It contributes to the overall identity of the game. An ugly and bland looking set of stairs probably fits much better with the overall aesthetic of the game.
            Instead of being an arrogant narcissistic troll maybe you should go donate some money to IGAS and maybe they'll take you seriously. They don't owe you shit, and they don't have to give you anything. Why you care so much about a ****ing staircase is beyond me.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
              Sooooo, speaking of immersion, about that picture earlier:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10090[/ATTACH]

Is that a plasma TV hanging on the back wall? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure back in '97 they hadn't been invented yet, and we were still using those old bulky TVs. Y'know, the ones we used to watch VHS tapes on? Hell, it'd be another year or two before DVD's even came out......so yeah, just wondering about that

Goddamn double-post s***
              Its a window dude

Comment

• It's a window. Anyway the plasma TV was invented in 1964. Fujitsu flat plasma display in 1994:

Name:	Fig_1_tif.gif
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	404788
                Last edited by The_Wes; 01-14-2016, 04:09 PM.
                Si guisante se dice "pea" y chiflado "nut", ¿Un cacahuete "peanut" es un chiflado de los guisantes?

Comment

• Ah, good good Probably wouldn't have thought otherwise if not for this:

Name:	ererwrtrgtr.png
Views:	1
Size:	382.1 KB
ID:	404789
                  Looks like a power cord, doesn't it? Being completely black doesn't help either, probably faces outside so there's nothing to see. Ah, well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                    Instead of being an arrogant narcissistic troll maybe you should go donate some money to IGAS and maybe they'll take you seriously. They don't owe you shit, and they don't have to give you anything. Why you care so much about a ****ing staircase is beyond me.
                    I'm surprised people are so quick to nitpick these backgrounds. Why aren't more people nitpicking at Martin's patches and the crappy looking backgrounds in those? Am I the only person that sees a pattern in nitpicking the higher quality stuff, but all the LQ/mediocre stuff in the RE community gets alot of praise?

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                      I'm surprised people are so quick to nitpick these backgrounds. Why aren't more people nitpicking at Martin's patches and the crappy looking backgrounds in those? Am I the only person that sees a pattern in nitpicking the higher quality stuff, but all the LQ/mediocre stuff in the RE community gets alot of praise?
                      Maybe people dont expected to much change and they need to get used to it. If someone wants loyal to capcom material then play Vanilla Build or try to get other builds. This is going to be retail quality and much things will be changed.

Another probable thing is that Martin Patches are so crappy that they are allways welcome until something really good arrives and people dont care much about them because they are crap. But with the IGAS project they want eveything to be as perfect as possible.
                      Last edited by Unmasked; 01-15-2016, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
                        Why you care so much about a ****ing staircase is beyond me.
                        Well, if it's beyond you, you might want to mind your own business then.

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                        Why aren't more people nitpicking at Martin's patches and the crappy looking backgrounds in those?
                        It's not really hard to understand that there's a difference between a background quality and design choices. A background can be of lower quality but have a higher fidelity in terms of design and as such fits in the game.

As much as I'm not a fan of DXP and friends, they grasped the aesthetic of the game and the feeling those backgrounds convey. And that's a problem with some of IGAS designs, they often try to make the game better looking than what's it supposed to look like. You would constantly switch from bland backgrounds to backgrounds overloaded with details such as carpets, paintings and things like that.

Some people don't give a damn about it and would eat whatever they are fed as long as it *looks* good. But designing a game isn't just about making things look good, there needs to be consistency in terms of aesthetics. And it's currently somewhat lacking in some of these backgrounds.
                        Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-15-2016, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• TBH, I think the mere fact that people can only complain about one minor thing, such as the type of stairs used, can only mean that the quality of the work is superb. Same thing with the conference room and the carpet debate lol. IMO, if nobody critiques/nitpicks your work, it can only mean either of two things: that people think that your work is flawless, or that they think that your work has too many apparent flaws and is beyond saving with a few modifications (lol). Personally, I think that some of IGAS' recreations, like the B1 hallway, basement stairwell, sewers and cell block, are pretty much perfect, which is why you don't see anyone bitching about those. The 1F-3F stairwell design has gone to grow on me, so I suppose I don't really care whether they change it or not.

If you want a "logical" reason for why they should change it though, it's that the artists who made the backgrounds of 1.5 often made multiple rooms using the same sets of materials/assets. A lot of the rooms in the game come in pairs, and share a lot of assets between them. Some of the more obvious examples include:

- Office A/B
                          - Outdoor A/B
                          - B1 Lab Hallway East/West
                          - B1 Researcher's Quarters A/B
                          - B2 Shelters A/B
                          - B3/B4 Power Room Hallways
                          - B3/B4 Power Room
                          - Lab Security Office B1 / B2
                          - RPD Cell Block
                          - Sewer Hallways
                          - Train Cargo Cars

There are probably a few more I forgot, but in any case, if you go by that pattern, then the artists over at Capcom probably planned on using the same set of assets in order to create the two stairwells of the RPD, staircase included. In any case, Gemini has already stated that the design is finalized, and I respect their decision on that matter and appreciate their work.
                          Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-15-2016, 06:27 AM.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                            As much as I'm not a fan of DXP and friends, they grasped the aesthetic of the game and the feeling those backgrounds convey. And that's a problem with some of IGAS designs, they often try to make the game better looking than what's it supposed to look like. You would constantly switch from bland backgrounds to backgrounds overloaded with details such as carpets, paintings and things like that.
                            Blocky models, no correct (it's not even present) lighting falloff, bad choice in textures and texture blur filtering. He still doesn't even chamfer his edges and apply smoothing groups. The 40% of 1.5 made use of this, even RE1 made use of these techniques. When you see the harsh blocky edges of a cylinder (pipe) you know you 'dun fucked it up.

Better in what way? They aren't REmake quality, but they look a little bit closer to what the backgrounds in retail RE2 looked like, which if you've seen any of the latter era backgrounds of 1.5 found on the trial disc, is how the finalized 1.5 backgrounds would have probably looked in the first place. If they can turn otherwise bland backgrounds from the 40% and make them look closer to retail RE2, I don't see the problem.

I do agree that the staircase is my least favorite of all the backgrounds they made. I even agree with some of the gripes about it. But people need to relax. If they decide not to change it, we just have to live with it.

Comment

• The people who need to relax are the ones who don't let others express constructive criticism. Nobody said they have to change those backgrounds.

Comment

• No point in putting in "constructive criticism" since you know they will not change anything to your liking or what you think is correct.
                                Nothing "Lacking" to me either.

of course your free to go on and on about a staircase , carpets and lighting but it wont have any effect on the project , perhaps if the project get's fully completed one day you can get your own team and try and hack and edit everything that displeases you.

Comment

Working...
                                X