Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a screenshot from Dead Rising, you could take photos in the game and you would gain XP depending on different genres that can be seen in the picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
      Well, humoring that rumor, do we know if era 2 casual Leon was still a police officer?
      He was still a police officer. According to the developers, he would be wearing casual clothes only in the initial phase of the game, then it'd go into battle asset or something and give him a proper RPD suit. The idea was scrapped soon enough, just like multiple melee weapons.
      Last edited by Gemini; 02-11-2016, 05:40 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        He was still a police officer. According to the developers, he would be wearing casual clothes only in the initial phase of the game, then it'd go into battle asset or something and give him a proper RPD suit. The idea was scrapped soon enough, just like multiple melee weapons.
        This further pushes me to believe that Era-2 and Era-3 were actually the same era. What was the difference between them besides Leon's attire? If the game was designed so that he'd change into a police officer's uniform, then this makes even more sense. The only thing it doesn't explain is why Leon would still be wearing civilian clothing in the Sewer and Laboratory. They may have represented different builds, but I've always thought that it was a stretch to call them different eras; Era-1 and Era-4 are quite removed from Era-2 and Era-3, which seem to be the same apart from Leon's uniform. Even Era-5A (Inflames) and Era-5B (Trial Edition) have more differences than Era-2 and Era-3.

Comment

• They just hadn't probably implemented changing yet. Hell they haven't yet in our build.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            That gives peace of mind. Kinda makes you wonder what mental state they where in when they thought that up? Were they trying to go for a...sort of heroic start up? The hero donning his suit when time in need?

Still think the customizing of standard arms idea to be embraced, however. Even if its to a lesser extent then originally intended; like just knife variants. Pipes and hammers arent necessary.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415
            They may have represented different builds, but I've always thought that it was a stretch to call them different eras; Era-1 and Era-4 are quite removed from Era-2 and Era-3, which seem to be the same apart from Leon's uniform. Even Era-5A (Inflames) and Era-5B (Trial Edition) have more differences than Era-2 and Era-3.
            It might just come down to the decision to redo the sewers. Everything else seems to be addition to the game with the exception of cosmetic changes like idle animations and npc texturing.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
              That gives peace of mind.
              Because someone will do this sooner or later. Here we go:
              ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Nice new video Gemini! Love the unused RE0 music. This would fit nicely as the basement music.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Much appreciated. Just in case somebody's worried about me getting obsessed with Alan Wake videos, I'm currently working on something nice for 1.5 to make up for the apparent lack of news; I'm doing some general restructuring of tools, which makes stuff seem going slower.
                  Last edited by Gemini; 02-20-2016, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Hmm.. so was that track from the N64 Zero? I don't think it really sounds 1.5 enough to me.
                    I think Gemini said on his Youtube channel that this music wasn't gonna actually be used in-game?

One thing I noticed (I forget if it was present in the MZD build, I never realised it was a thing)

Near the end of the video, Leon aimed at zombies that were out of sight behind a wall (around the corner) - technically, they only ever aimed automatically when the line of sight was found, right?
                    As in , when they actually saw the enemies and there wasn't a wall in the way, otherwise, they would just aim straight ahead.
                    I take it this is something that is likely to change in the future?

Very interested to see what the surprise is too!
                    Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 02-21-2016, 12:36 PM.
                    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                      I think Gemini said on his Youtube channel that this music wasn't gonna actually be used in-game?
                      It's not really in game anyway. I add most music in post production, sorta like a mix and match game.

Near the end of the video, Leon aimed at zombies that were out of sight behind a wall (around the corner) - technically, they only ever aimed automatically when the line of sight was found, right?
                      As in , when they actually saw the enemies and there wasn't a wall in the way, otherwise, they would just aim straight ahead.
                      I take it this is something that is likely to change in the future?
                      It's something I never bothered to fully implement until now, rather than an actual bug or an intended feature. In some cases the auto aim ignores collisions, but yeah, it's not supposed to work if there's a wall and you can't see the enemies behind it.

Very interested to see what the surprise is too!
                      I'm still not sure if it can be worked out for the 20th anniversary. I'll try and have it done by then, but if you see nothing popping up on march 22 it means I missed the dead line.
                      Last edited by Gemini; 02-21-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Gemini, if you realese that surprise by that date i will explode like Cell by fangasm. RE anniversay is on March 22 and my birthday on 21. Even if you dont reach the dead line i will be very happy when this comes out. We waited since 2012 we can wait another few months if that means more polished work.
                        ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• I would think that the aforementioned surprise being the RPD demo is unlikely. But I'm interested nonetheless.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Excitement is a constant now.

Comment

• With the news of 4-6 being re-released I want the rpd demo even more xD ain't nobody got time for those games again lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                                With the news of 4-6 being re-released I want the rpd demo even more xD ain't nobody got time for those games again lol
                                I still can't believe they are porting those awful ''Resident Evil'' mimics over to Next Gen.
                                I'll admit Mercs was so much fun, but the main games weren't RE to me. They better keep RE2 Remake classic.

Capcom - "How can we celebrate REs 20th Anniversary? I know, lets not show RE2.. lets re-release RE6 instead!" Urghhhhh
                                "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Working...
                                X