Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    No idea, but there are walls to count and the scaling is inconsistent in 99% of the rooms anyway.
    So, you've found the maps to be a more reliable source of dimensions and proportion than the existing backgrounds.

Comment

• It's the other way around. Room size is shoehorned into map representation, that's where the scale is inconsistently applied on demand. The map is wrong in most cases, but the margin of error is so tolerable nobody would notice.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

It's the other way around. Room size is shoehorned into map representation, that's where the scale is inconsistently applied on demand. The map is wrong in most cases, but the margin of error is so tolerable nobody would notice.
        Perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me then, because these two walls appear to be quite different in length:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	00000431.png
Views:	3
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	404942Click image for larger version

Name:	00000045.png
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	404943

Comment

• I checked just to make sure, by using the same scaling as room 109 for 105: that corner of the room matches exactly with whatever is on the other side. Perspective is possibly deceiving you, but data is a lot more straightforward.

Comment

I checked just to make sure, by using the same scaling as room 109 for 105: that corner of the room matches exactly with whatever is on the other side. Perspective is possibly deceiving you, but data is a lot more straightforward.
            Well, I trust your measurements, so the perspective is indeed most likely deceiving me. The seemingly short length of the ledge directly above that door reinforces this deception:

Name:	00000042.png
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	404944

Comment

• Man those backgrounds! Looks so damn good. I like the changes in the east corridor with the slightly dimmer lighting. It looks more atmospheric now.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                I thought the colour banding had been fixed???

I thought that colour banding was rather unavoidable in this game...

Comment

• Y'know what would be funny? If, when the game is fully released, IGAS included an un-lockable option to play the game through using original backgrounds(from the "blue" backgrounds from Bioflames, to the bare-bone polygons in the vanilla build we have today). That'd be fun as hell
                  It matters not to me which virus you wield. Yours is merely a pathetic attempt to master the powers of death. The power you seek is MINE, and with this insurmountable power, I offer a litany of oblivion even a virus cannot prevent..............and you cannot escape.

Comment

• Originally posted by towerofpowerx View Post
                    Y'know what would be funny? If, when the game is fully released, IGAS included an un-lockable option to play the game through using original backgrounds(from the "blue" backgrounds from Bioflames, to the bare-bone polygons in the vanilla build we have today). That'd be fun as hell
                    Double the space used including both backgrounds. Also, why include unfinished backgrounds when we already have vanilla build?

The space you waste including those unfinished backgrounds can be used for other more interesting extras
                    Last edited by Unmasked; 05-03-2016, 02:27 AM.
                    ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• The ledge outside and the Pepsi vending machine room look the same size to me too - its just the heavy distort of the perspective that makes it look shorted outside than inside.

EDIT: Dunno if this works 100% but might be a fix for the double post bug. Simply go to 'Go Advance' before posting, and it should work fine?
                      Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 05-03-2016, 04:13 AM.
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Amazing work guys!!!

Name:	68226858.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	404945

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                          I thought that colour banding was rather unavoidable in this game...
                          It can be reduced with dithering but it shouldn't look that bad anyway, you can see worse colour banding
                          on the later oil psone bios main menu without dithering in FPse.

His earlier post.

Comment

• Banding is consistent with CAPCOM's prerendered stuff; pump room and shelter access use no dotted/matrix dithering either, which means banding artifacts depends on gradient gamma.
                            Banding is not that visible on an old TV anyway so who cares.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 05-04-2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Very impressive work!
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• LOL, LEOSOL Cola. Referencing Dino Crisis there a little bit, eh? :3 Here's to hoping that your puzzles will also be on par with that great game.

(God, this waiting is killing me. I WANT IT! ;_;)

Comment

Working...
                                X