Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just going to assume right now you have to go through the painful process or porting over all your current work to PC then continue development from there. I still feel the be all end all solution would be acquiring the 80% build and finishing it from there but it seems the very few people that have it don't want to be known or are interested in talking anymore. This is the next best idea since developing on PC has unlimited tools as opposed to having to use those dated ass 1997 tools they were using before.

As for the 80% build anything is still possible as recently lots of music from the band Slipknot that was scrapped similar to 1.5 has been leaking recently which was also specifically recorded around 1997. If stuff like that which seemed never to be heard can get out maybe we have hope here just maybe....

Comment

• Hi there! long time no see. So, the project moves to PC? I guess it gives him less trouble and limitations than working on a PlayStation format / system and im okay with that. It's not much different than playing it on emulator anyway.
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• I was going to play it on epsxe anyways.

Comment

• if it was just a verbal announcement what even was the point of waiting until the 25th to say it? Were you making absolutely sure it wasnt worth it to pursue it on PS hardware?

Comment

• Just to be sure, Carnivol's "ominous update" had nothing to do with this announcement, right?
            When I saw that pop up recently I assumed that it would be connected to some fancy 1.5 news.

I guess I fooled myself by getting my excitement up too much. But its okay. I'm really just happy that the project is still going.
            Any news is better than no news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              Currently my pixel shaders require shader version 3.0 (support came with DirectX 9.0c), so even hardware from 2004-2007 should be capable of running this just fine.
              Fair enough. I think I can cover that.

Are there any plans to open source this project following completion? This might (at least theoretically) enable 3rd party ports to other platforms. I could see Playstation 2 & 3 ports being particularly interesting, if the community decides to take them on. Also, Linux and Mac OS X could be made to happen.

Comment

• lots of music from the band Slipknot that was scrapped similar to 1.5 has been leaking recently which was also specifically recorded around 1997.
                What's this about leaked Slipknot music?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                  if it was just a verbal announcement what even was the point of waiting until the 25th to say it? Were you making absolutely sure it wasnt worth it to pursue it on PS hardware?
                  RE2 anniversary, which is basically my "hey CAPCOM, we aren't jinxing your remake".

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                  Just to be sure, Carnivol's "ominous update" had nothing to do with this announcement, right?
                  When I saw that pop up recently I assumed that it would be connected to some fancy 1.5 news.
                  Need to check this update, haven't heard a thing about it.

Originally posted by Northman View Post
                  Are there any plans to open source this project following completion? This might (at least theoretically) enable 3rd party ports to other platforms. I could see Playstation 2 & 3 ports being particularly interesting, if the community decides to take them on. Also, Linux and Mac OS X could be made to happen.
                  I'll probably throw a "developer bone" somewhere, like dll modules to take care of rendering and audio, but opening it completely is something I haven't planned.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by leftshoe18 View Post
                    What's this about leaked Slipknot music?
                    The Silver Disc leaked! It's an unreleased demo from 1997 with Corey on vocals, originally only Spit It Out and Carve were available for the rest of the tracks leaked bit by bit last year.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Holy shit! Thank you.

Now to get back on topic:
                      Very excited about the move to PC as it should allow the team to add some modern quality of life features to the game. How much has already been ported over?

Comment

• not too fond of the only PC version, but this make me wonder, do this means all the progress lost and just saved the necessary?, i know its kind of forbidden to ask % of any, but if you can say at least a number how many of the game its finished?.

at least give us some peace of mind.

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
                          not too fond of the only PC version, but this make me wonder, do this means all the progress lost and just saved the necessary?, i know its kind of forbidden to ask % of any, but if you can say at least a number how many of the game its finished?.

thanks
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hfv5GcHv4Y
                          ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
                            not too fond of the only PC version, but this make me wonder, do this means all the progress lost and just saved the necessary?, i know its kind of forbidden to ask % of any, but if you can say at least a number how many of the game its finished?.

thanks
                            Nothing is lost, the engine that Gemini made (Squeeze Bomb) is just gonna be ported on PC.
                            I miss the old times.

Comment

• Been a whie guys, so from PS1 to PC? That's great, since my modded PS2 broke two years ago. Glad the forum still alive. Now, only waiting the 80% build...

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                                Just to be sure, Carnivol's "ominous update" had nothing to do with this announcement, right?
                                Late reply as hell on my end, so sorry about that, but remind me of what ominous update post was if you can remember. Maybe something slipped through on my end ... or I was just referring to the fact that I kinda knew that the site would potentially break soon and we'd have to do some maintenance work for the boards to spring back to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X