Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    ^Pretty much regardless of which area of the world you live in, you'll be potentially ticking off some arm, branch, extension or partner of Capcom who owns the (potentially exclusive) distribution rights to Biohazard/Resident Evil 2 and/or could put up fight for infrigment on its overall design/scenario. ;D

Please do take note of how you rarely see unreleased games that everyone involved said had flaws of some sort (and thusly got cancelled), while you often get to see stuff from games either the dev or publisher claim to've been really happy with, but for reason X or Y ended up being cancelled. Companies tend to like to protect their IPs and a certain type of quality tied to their franchise (PS: pointing towards OCR or Survivor 2 isn't much of a defense in court)
    That is a huuuuuuge can of worms. I would rather not open it. Capcom employees involved with 1.5 have ran the gamut when it comes to 1.5. It's difficult to tell if the employees were lying or telling the truth. They could be protecting themselves if they felt that 1.5 wasn't of the quality they wanted, and conversely, they could also be protecting their asses if the game was just TOO good, utilizing many new ideas, effectively ending the storyline, where they could no longer make new sequels. I personally choose to the believe the latter, as the Resident Evil series has gone on to be milked out of control, and there are gameplay systems in 1.5 that have slowly trickled into new Resident Evil games over the years.

Comment

• Originally posted by warren View Post
      do we have any real proof that capcom really doesn't care ? how do we know that someone at capcom never contacted anyone who publicly stated that he does have the beta ?

and even if that's so, it is possible that who does have the beta thinks that capcom cares about it...
      RE GBC Beta Accident.
      Stupid guy: I'm gunna report u, dis gayme is for a museum!!!!!! *reports*
      CAPCOM: Who fuckin' cares? *Beta released*
      Stupid guy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

• Yeah, I was going to quote that GBC incident when a guy made a thread at Capcom-Unity saying that they're holding the beta for ransom (lol), to then be described by a admin or higher up; 'so what? we're not affiliated and we don't care'.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
          That is a huuuuuuge can of worms. I would rather not open it. Capcom employees involved with 1.5 have ran the gamut when it comes to 1.5. It's difficult to tell if the employees were lying or telling the truth. They could be protecting themselves if they felt that 1.5 wasn't of the quality they wanted, and conversely, they could also be protecting their asses if the game was just TOO good, utilizing many new ideas, effectively ending the storyline, where they could no longer make new sequels. I personally choose to the believe the latter, as the Resident Evil series has gone on to be milked out of control, and there are gameplay systems in 1.5 that have slowly trickled into new Resident Evil games over the years.
          Doesn't make any sense, really. You don't cancel a game because it is "too good". Even if 1.5 was ending the storyline, you can always find ways to make sequels.

Comment

• I remember how people said that BioHazard-Sample-19950804 and 19951004 is a simple hoax. Now we have a similar situation

Last edited by DZIAD; 06-21-2012, 03:00 PM.

I'd like a classic RESIDENT EVIL (PSX), only, and nothing more.

Comment

• Sure it makes sense. It's easier to create a sequel when the previous game closes on an open note. Resident Evil 1.5 was supposed to be the Resident Evil "to end all Resident Evils". Production on a sequel was started almost immediately after the first game. Capcom realized they were sitting on a gold mine, and the sequel needed more connections to the canon. It's obvious when you see that Elza's replacement was Claire, Chris' sister. They could have her parading around for as many sequels as they wanted, "trying" to find Chris.

From a business perspective, it makes sense. On the other thing I mentioned, body armour, team play, scenario swapping, ammunition creation, and small stuff like that, could be given out in small doses in intermittent sequels, instead of unloading it all onto one game.

I use the term "too good" loosely, by the way, since 1.5 is now over 15 years old. What I meant by it was that 1.5 was largely too closed, in both storyline and gameplay, for it to be an effective launching pad for future sequels.
              Last edited by doriantoki; 06-21-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                Even if 1.5 was ending the storyline, you can always find ways to make sequels.
                That's what they should have done. Bring more characters to the series with their own stories. Cause by now all the original cast should be locked up in a funny house diagnosed with severe PTSDs from all the shit they've been through.

Comment

• I don't see how 1.5 would have ended the story line compared to what happens in RE2. The events are very similar, and whatever happens you can always create sequels with new characters/events. Just look at the retcon they did with Wesker, the prequel/sequel aspect of 3, etc.

Actually I could see the other episodes unfolding nearly the same way by just replacing Claire with Elza and establishing some kind of lame retcon family connection between Chris and her.

Comment

• Wasn't 1.5 meant to end with the end of Umbrella? I think that's why, the Umbrella ark would've been over about 10 years too early ahha.

Comment

• Obviously 1.5 was way ahead of it's time, heck Capcom still haven't used every element from the game into future ones, as much as they already have.
                      Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• There is in fact an RDT Viewer that can view the various objects contained within the RDT's, object being the keyword here, nothing about playable characters. This "RDT Editor" could very well be legitimate though. But where did it come from and who made it? What is with the "?" on the GUI menu? The only plausible explanation for it is that it's an official Capcom tool written partially in Japanese thus the "?". Because I highly doubt the guys who possess 1.5 would write a program specifically for 1.5 so quickly when people like Markgrass have spent years of hard work trying to reverse engineer these file formats.

I would personally feel more comfortable if this guy would anonymously give us an estimate release or atleast confirm it himself, not that he couldn't run into problems or change his mind, mind you. The fact people are saying things like "it will definitely be released" without any solid confirmation is what annoys me, not so much the screenshots and supposed evidence we have.

Comment

• Since the only game in which we directly fight against Umbrella is an Umbrella Chronicles episode, it's not really a big deal...

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                            There is in fact an RDT Viewer that can view the various objects contained within the RDT's, object being the keyword here, nothing about playable characters. This "RDT Editor" could very well be legitimate though. But where did it come from and who made it? What is with the "?" on the GUI menu? The only plausible explanation for it is that it's an official Capcom tool written partially in Japanese thus the "?". Because I highly doubt the guys who possess 1.5 would write a program specifically for 1.5 so quickly when people like Markgrass have spent years of hard work trying to reverse engineer these file formats.

I would personally feel more comfortable if this guy would anonymously give us an estimate release or atleast confirm it himself, not that he couldn't run into problems or change his mind, mind you. The fact people are saying things like "it will definitely be released" without any solid confirmation is what annoys me, not so much the screenshots and supposed evidence we have.
                            I'm with you on that, even if it's just an anonymous way of getting the date out there without anymore following up to pressure the guy, it would be good.
                            Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                              Resident Evil 1.5 was supposed to be the Resident Evil "to end all Resident Evils".
                              First time I ever heard that. RE1.5 was supposed to be a sequel, not the end of a series.

Originally posted by Gradon
                              Wasn't 1.5 meant to end with the end of Umbrella?
                              No, it started with the end of Umbrella. In the introduction. Like RE4 did.
                              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Really? I don't have the exact interview on hand, but I coulda swore that straight from the horse's mouth, that the development team intended the game to be a type of closure to that storyline (not necessarily the entire series, mind you). However, the developers have contradicted themselves in interviews before, so ... it's hard to say, really.

Comment

Working...
                                X