Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are you to say what would or would not hurt him? People say that all the time in my coverage of Star Wars Battlefront 3, and it just shows them how little they know.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
      Sure it makes sense. It's easier to create a sequel when the previous game closes on an open note. Resident Evil 1.5 was supposed to be the Resident Evil "to end all Resident Evils". Production on a sequel was started almost immediately after the first game. Capcom realized they were sitting on a gold mine, and the sequel needed more connections to the canon. It's obvious when you see that Elza's replacement was Claire, Chris' sister. They could have her parading around for as many sequels as they wanted, "trying" to find Chris.

From a business perspective, it makes sense. On the other thing I mentioned, body armour, team play, scenario swapping, ammunition creation, and small stuff like that, could be given out in small doses in intermittent sequels, instead of unloading it all onto one game.

I use the term "too good" loosely, by the way, since 1.5 is now over 15 years old. What I meant by it was that 1.5 was largely too closed, in both storyline and gameplay, for it to be an effective launching pad for future sequels.
      No, it doesn't make sense. I repeat, you don't cancel a game because it is "too good". Story doesn't matter, sequels can still be produced no matter how the previous game ended, you can always find a way. And if it was the reason behind 1.5 cancellation, they would just have to modify the ending with some dumb cliffhanger and that would be it. Same goes for the gameplay : you don't scrap ideas because they are too good or because you need to save them for future use. You scrap ideas because they are too ambitious, and realize you don't have enough time to implement them, or meet certain technical difficulties doing so. Where are these 1.5 great ideas ? Apart from grenades and body armour (yay, more action stuff, it's not surprising to see we had to wait RE4 to see them) did we ever see them in action in videos ? No, just concept arts and interviews.

Why do people think that Capcom did that only to piss off fans and deprive them of the best game ever ? They cancelled it because they thought it was bad, simple as that, or, I quote, "not good enough" and too close to RE1. I wish 1.5 to be released just so people realize how RE2 is a far better product.

Comment

• I wouldn't doubt the final version of RE2 is better then 1.5. But if RE2 had a 100% score in my book, I'd hope that 1.5 could be somewhere around 60-70% of that quality. And that's something worth of being curious about and look forward to.

Comment

• Oh but I am curious, I do want to know how 1.5's story unfolded exactly, spot all the differences between 1.5 and RE2, etc. I'd love to. I did wait for 1.5 for the Sega Saturn back then, but the release never came, and I had to wait the Dreamcast version of RE2 to discover the game. I want to know everything about that scrapped version, just like all the other scrapped games in the series.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	comparaison.png
Views:	1
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	401395

An Apple a day can keep anyone away, if thrown hard enough.

Comment

• Anyone else notice a female would need extremely round tits to be comfy in that armor? no? just me? alright.

Comment

• Elza's proportions are a little zany, for sure. Her waist is tiny, but her thighs are like BAM coming atcha.
                Last edited by doriantoki; 06-22-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm sure that armor was made for women. Why else would her boobs show?
                  An Apple a day can keep anyone away, if thrown hard enough.

Comment

• They really made an armor with TITS?????
                    Wow, Umbrella Inc. are a bunch of perverts.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                      Nobody is trying to "hunt this guy down". What's wrong with providing an estimate release and then keeping quiet about it afterwards? What would hurt if the guy showed us at least 2 more screenshots to prove even further that this is legitimate? Would it hurt him in any way to perhaps show us the grenades in action? No it wouldn't.
                      The owner didn't release the screenshots, they were outed by someone else. Why would he show it off if he hadn't already? Maybe he doesn't plan to. Everyone just assumes that because they've seen screens and what appears to be him trying to patch the game up, that this instantly means he's going to release it.

Think of it this way; if this is real then the owner dropped real money for it. Real money. We're talking in the ballpark of $10k. Is he realistically then going to patch it up and just throw it out into the wild with the real threat of legal action? I'm all for miracles, but some of you need to ground yourselves before reality hits in and you're slammed to the ground.

Originally posted by Silent Hell View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6835[/ATTACH]

Son (or daughter), you're reaching black~crow levels. Calm yourself.

Comment

• Must be an Uber Sexy Suit.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Femshep in Mass Effect has an entire closet of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                            Given how c2keo was able to replicate RE1.5 backgrounds for years now and he definitively didn't use SoftImage3D, we can say all you need is talent, not specific software.
                            And we were wrong:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BioHazard_1.5_RenderTest_Softimage3D_06.1.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	401396 Click image for larger version

Name:	0862.jpg
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	401397

The colours are slightly off, but is not that handy to match RGB or HSV values with this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Softimage_3.7_02.jpg
Size:	477.3 KB
ID:	401398

Now I'm pretty sure they used Mental Ray to do the final renders, and if you want to recreate a 100% accurate render copy of BioHazard 1.5/2, you have to use this.

Comment

• And considering we are lacking most 100% accurate backgrounds in original quality, getting them perfect isn't necessary.

Notice how the person didn't post video or anything of that nature, nor anything to backup who they are.

Comment

• Yet again which clearly needs to be clarified - the owner of the game didn't put photos out neither was there a public knowledge of the game yet, therefore lacking videos and "more proof"
                                Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

Working...
                                X