Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is always fun to play catch up and just read up on all of what has been happening. I wonder what they will have in store for the next video.

Originally posted by justinlrich1993 View Post
    Okay, so whats the deal with all this sandwich?
    Maybe an inside joke. Like picking fun at when Birkin says "Sherry".
    Last edited by alf717; 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• I'm just curious on how we will know when it's released? Will Zork announce it through youtube? Or will someone just sign on to THIA post a link and say have fun.

Comment

• Nice find.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
          Doubt he'd be able to do anything with them, since they're just upscaled from the 320x224(?) res of the original game.
          Yup, they would look kinda crappy compared to the custom ones in a much higher resolution.

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
          Leon without gloves model from Era 3?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7636[/ATTACH]
          The gloves are still there, but kinda masked out by the compression:
          Last edited by Gemini; 12-09-2012, 06:03 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ParasiteAdam View Post
            I'm just curious on how we will know when it's released? Will Zork announce it through youtube? Or will someone just sign on to THIA post a link and say have fun.
            The TEAM will do a teleton-style broadcast on all international channels to collect funds to be donated to national cancer associations all over the world... when the goal is reached they'll release fireworks, then everyone will hold hands together and sing "I believe in miracles" followed by Air Force cargo planes dropping boxes full of pressed 1.5 discs by parachute on all cities.
            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
              The TEAM will do a teleton-style broadcast on all international channels to collect funds to be donated to national cancer associations all over the world... when the goal is reached they'll release fireworks, then everyone will hold hands together and sing "I believe in miracles" followed by Air Force cargo planes dropping boxes full of pressed 1.5 discs by parachute on all cities.
              I can believe that.

Comment

• Sandwich might be a clue as to the identity of the team. Remember the red logo in the Halloween video? The name on the logo is blurred out. Team Sandwich? Hm. Google returns some interesting and hilarious, though probably unrelated results.
                Last edited by doriantoki; 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Or it's simply their easter egg trademark?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Yup, they would look kinda crappy compared to the custom ones in a much higher resolution.

The gloves are still there, but kinda masked out by the compression:
                    So why are his hands skin coloured?

Comment

• They are not. You can clearly see the one on Leon's left hand. It's square, black, and there's more skin showing from the top hole. It's exactly like in the retail texture:
                      Last edited by Gemini; 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Oh I didn't realise he had fingerless gloves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Tricky indeed, but mainly 'cause I'm having a hard time even trying to figure out what the hell the stuff you wrote is even supposed to mean
                          “It’s no good... It looks impossible for a person outside...” might be a little more understandable?

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                          Enigmatism's translation is basically a literal translation, while the team's seems reworded based on screen constrains and/or context knowledge.
                          That’s what I was thinking too; if we had the context it would probably make sense. Their translation embodies the general principle, but the translation assumes a specific context that we don’t yet have.

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          "Your" translation is too literal. In real life I don't think you would translate "dame" (negative exclamation) by "no good". You have to adapt it to the context. As for the "ne" you don't translate it.
                          By “no good,” I was implying a colloquial flavor of “it’s no good,” which seems like a suitable translation to me. As for ね, it tends to be omitted in translations for simplicity’s sake, but it cannot be denied that it adds a subtle nuance. I chose to include it not to further divorce the two translations, but to give people a sense of the statement’s mood.

---

Basically, as I said before, the general idea of their translation seems to be the same, but they took several liberties using context alone as a crutch. For example, “outside” becomes “inside,” “person” and “impossible” are omitted, and “operate” and “only” are added. For a short sentence, that changes a great deal of the meaning for those not familiar with the context; the majority of the words in the sentence were changed, and not to synonyms either.

In any case, these are just semantics. The idea seems to be that whatever needs to be done must be done from the inside and not from the outside. A door locked on one side comes to mind.

Comment

• Its so awesome this is happening I feel like ive been taken back to the 90's where games were just simple fun games !

Comment

• DXP released some new Lab backgrounds for the A-2 Elevator room and one of the two D-2 Shelter bunkers. I gave him a bit of guidance for the former.

Since we've long had access to the BH1.5 Lab backgrounds, I guess he's trying to fill in the gaps.

EDIT: Check out some other cool stuff of his on his blog: http://dsdxp.tumblr.com/
                              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• That second one, that's from Leon running from the ape? I thought it had been established that that background was a fake???

Comment

Working...
                                X