Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to be annoying but not asking exact date but do you think it will be this summer?
    Last edited by GamerTak3r; 06-23-2012, 07:16 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DXP View Post
      Yeah Softimage was officially given support for mental ray in 96 but try to now explain what they did when they made BH1? since they didn't work on 1 for like a few months in 96 and release it so what we're talking maybe middle/beginning of 95? they wouldn't have had access to Mental Ray so it was just standard software rendering using specific materials and using ray tracing to create shadows so in honesty no you don't need to use mental ray I never do when I render anything pre-rendered and the results are the same.
      You're probably right, maybe the texture quality that tricked me (in BH1 you can also spot really bad texture projections), also I've used the Cinema 4D standard render to do the Basement backgrounds, so I know some tricks (thanks to c2keo) because I was using GI to do them (my previous works involved Vray and GI) and that's also why the Armoury look very awful compared to the Basement.

And as you pointed out they used Raytraced hard shadows, but I've checked the Basement ones and I used Area lights with Area shadows (which I've now checked and the render time is 7 time slower than using Omni lights and Raytraced shadows ROTFL, but the result it's almost the same), in the new render I've used Raytraced ones, but since there's no objects to cast shadows so with them enabled or disabled there's no difference.

Originally posted by DXP View Post
      And for those who are also wanting to know why some renders in the trial edition bgs look well crappy and rough round the edges it has nothing to do with doing low setting rendering its actually IPR rendering and that is used to do a quick render so you can adjust lighting in real time that you can keep updating via the render viewer Maya has this option so I would assume all the other 3D applications also have it.
      In Cinema 4D it's called IRR (Interactive Render Region), in XSI you can call it by pressing Q, and drag a region, they both have a slider that let you chose the quality. Softimage|3D had a preview too, but I don't know how to set the parameters or how to save the preview, running it in a VM is not the best.

Originally posted by Carnivol
      I forgot where I saw it, but someone was trying to "prove" that the backgrounds were real, by comparing one of these new screenshots to one of c2keo's really old background recreations ... that's like back asswards. Shouldn't the backgrounds be compared to OLD media ... which we at least KNOW is real?
      Yes, but I've posted the comparison with a legit picture, and here's the "expanded" version:

Look at the John model, the hairs looks the same as the Curator snapshot, the pose and polygon shapes too, for the background, you can compare it with the other two pictures.

For the Elza model is better to compare it with other Curator material, but I think you already have those pictures.

Comment

• Did they totally drop the pose in which Elza and Leon hold their gun with two hands in the final version? In that regard the final build seems to look similar with what we got in BH2.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          ^ Menu is definitely working in this build. Curator plays around with the inventory debug features in his goromacida video. As for the areas we haven't seen yet, a huge chunk of the upper floors of the RPD, as well as the sewers, remain unseen. That's at least a quarter of the game world unknown to us, which hopefully is intact in this build.
          Had no idea that existed. Just checked it out. Thanks for that. Ugh. That curator, what a total troll.

Rick Hunter - Both Leon and Elza went through a few animation changes. I couldn't document them all, as I don't know the exact numbers.
          Last edited by doriantoki; 06-23-2012, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Release date - February, 2014
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
              Release date - February, 2014
              Thats almost 2 years. SH*T thats long time left but I guess there is nothing we can do.
              Last edited by GamerTak3r; 06-23-2012, 08:26 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• No, it's gonna be December 21! BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN THE WORLD WILL BE ENDING! *evil laugh*

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Very good then! I'll be waiting... patiently.... If anyone doesn't get upset about this...

Comment

ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

Comment

• I love how you guys can't take a joke.

Comment

• What you mean? Was Alzaire joking?
                        sigpic

Comment

• I'm afraid so.

Comment

• Seriously, i think in the next weeks there will be news about the game and the release date (at least i hope so).
                            ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

Comment

• lol and here I thought he was telling the truth. I believed him because he knows alot about the game thats why.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Erm, think about it. If he knew the release date, that would mean he's the one who made the pictures (or he's related to the fact) and people would start harassing him like there's no tomorrow. So yeah, he's definitively joking about this entire desperate situation. :p

Originally posted by Ketsui View Post
                                Seriously, i think in the next weeks there will be news about the game and the release date (at least i hope so).
                                Attach that to a Conspiracy Keanu picture and you'll have the perfect meme. No wait, lemme do that for you:
                                Last edited by Gemini; 06-23-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X