Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    The early build we are familiar with only has the metal door animation, however it has a plastic door sound. We don't know if the inflames final era build had more or all of them. I hope the team will be able to add all of them.
    I see, thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
      You guys remind of the depressing day when i bought the dreamcast for the first time back in 2000, i returned to the retailer in the same day of purchase, because it caught on fire due to overheating, but i was lucky enough to get it exchanged for a new PSOne
      This was retailer's reaction when i showed up at his shop along with the burned dreamcast LOL !
      It never ceases to amaze me when I hear these disaster stories of consoles blowing up or bursting into flames (except if they're 360's). My launch Dreamcast is still rocking on hard to this day and is my first stop for the definitive versions of RE2&3.

So uh, like a 100 pages ago (lol), someone said to me that the supporting characters (Marvin, John, Linda, Sherry) were playable in 1.5 because there are pictures showing it. I remember asking for said images to be posted up if anyone has them because I don't remember seeing them.

So, anyone got them?...
      Last edited by Vixtro; 12-29-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyrant View Post
        Well, all I know is Mikami is talking about 1.5 in the February 97 issue of GamePro so yeah, the cancellation must have happened shortly after that. Don't quote me on this but I wonder if that was or is one of the last 1.5 interviews out there.
        I swore that the last I saw of 1.5 was an issue of Gamepro with the cover story being about Tomb Raider 2 and Fighting Force in 97. One of the pictures is of Elza being approached by a fat zombie cop. The other one I remember was of Leon (I believe) in the sewers while the game was rated at 70% completion. So it wouldn't surprise me if there are indeed a few of the "80%" builds in America.

Sorry that my memory isn't that great. I wouldn't even begin to know where to look for my old gaming magazines from 15+ years ago. They might be with my early 90's Nintendo Power subscription. I'll check my storage. Maybe I can get some scans.
        Last edited by Graco; 12-29-2012, 10:23 PM.
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
          I feel that some of you have become so blinded by your loyalty to 1.5 that irrespective of if or when it gets it released, it turns out to be worst than Operation Raccoon City or something, you'd still claim it's a better product that Resident Evil 2.
          Haha, no way. Some people assume that 1.5 was turning into a shameful abomination of the series because the developers comment poorly on it and scrapped it. And that the final version is a vastly different game based on presentation alone. I can't comment on plot for obvious reasons, but the core gameplay isn't that much different. 1.5 may have had more weapons and enemies, but getting overwhelmed in a corner wouldn't be uncommon. I love that and it's a shame that discarded it. The claustrophobic nature would have enhanced the gameplay for me. The variety of enemies was better in 1.5. But retail has lickers which I did love. My biggest complaint with the changes were the environments. Dropping the original RPD was a bad call. The retail one feels so stale and bland to me and is my least favorite part on RE2 playthroughs. The developers of course will stand by their decision regardless if there were some negative consequences because of it. No one wants to buy a game from a creator who lacks confidence in their work.

I really can't see it. It's sad in a sense, that so many people are basically implying that much of the series is worthless because 1.5 didn't become the final game in place of 2. I'm genuinely sorry for the fact that you can't see Resident Evil 2, for the masterpiece it is, for what it did for storytelling in gaming. There was never any guarantee that 1.5 would of achieved in an entire game, what Resident Evil 2 achieves in one sequence (Hunk's team/Birkin assassination flashback for example).

I'm not trying to bait folks here or anything, and if it turns out to be something truly incredibly then I'll eat these words for sure. But I just can't see it. I really can't. At the time, and now in retrospect looking back, nothing about 1.5 got me excited or interested, but the first time I played Resident Evil 2? Hooked. For life.
          Don't get me wrong, I loved re2 when it was released. But I still harbor some resentment for certain things being omitted that I so greatly anticipated. The RPD, being eaten alive by a horde, the ambience, how graphically mangled the zombies and how easily destroyed they were. I feel like if they had just spent more time with what they had it would have done just as well as the final version that was released. Truly a shame, as it will be forgotten more as time continues to go on. Even if the community does get to play it someday.
          Last edited by Graco; 12-29-2012, 10:34 PM.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
            Thank you for taking the time to list all his deaths. Most of the people who assume that Wesker doesn't die in RE1 didn't look in the power room.

I always thought that Capcom brought Wesker back in RECV because they were afraid to not reach their selling expectations.
            Back in the days, when the RE series was Playstation only, I remember that fans were extremely pissed at the news that the next RE will be for Dreamcast only. Most of the comments were negative, among "Eff you Capcom, I won't buy a Sega console so I can play the next RE". Until Capcom showed a trailer with Wesker in it, and suddenly everybody wanted to buy a Dreamcast to play RECV.
            That was, of course, before Capcom announced that they screwed Sega and the RE fans and released even more Wesker footage on the PS2 version of RECV.
            So yeah, for me, Wesker's return is just a selling point, for both Sega and Sony versions of the game, and got no other legitimacy.
            I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom intended to bring Wesker back as early as RE2. Apparently the face on Golgotha's tail (or Salem's) belongs to Wesker. So it may have been possible that he served some sort of plot device in 1.5. Apparently only to become a monster, but he could have had further involvement before becoming a creature.
            Last edited by Graco; 12-29-2012, 10:35 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Wow, that's why I love the old RE games. I played RE1 over a dozen times and never had the idea to go back to the power room where Wesker is impaled by a Chimera. The Resident Evil Games have always something new to discover. Like, the last time I played RE 3 I discovered that at the Restaurant, I think its called sorta Grill 13, when Nemesis attacks you and you choose to walk into the cellar and Nemesis breaks the water pipes, that you can escape through a ventilation hole at the back of the corridor. I had RE3 over ten years and had never discovered it...
              Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                Wow, that's why I love the old RE games. I played RE1 over a dozen times and never had the idea to go back to the power room where Wesker is impaled by a Chimera. The Resident Evil Games have always something new to discover. Like, the last time I played RE 3 I discovered that at the Restaurant, I think its called sorta Grill 13, when Nemesis attacks you and you choose to walk into the cellar and Nemesis breaks the water pipes, that you can escape through a ventilation hole at the back of the corridor. I had RE3 over ten years and had never discovered it...
                wtf theres a ventilation hole in the cellar you can escape through?

Comment

• Nope there's a vent in there so you can escape that way.
                  My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by mister 888
                    So far i've always thought that if you hide , you're screwed and have to get out and fight Nemmie, and run away eventually.
                    Me too. That's neat.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, I previously thought the only choice down there is to hide until Carlos calls you. Until i found out myself. After I found out that escape is possible through this shaft I was like, WTF just happened?! I had this game for ten years and never noticed it?
                      Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                        I feel that some of you have become so blinded by your loyalty to 1.5 that irrespective of if or when it gets it released, it turns out to be worst than Operation Raccoon City or something, you'd still claim it's a better product that Resident Evil 2.

I really can't see it. It's sad in a sense, that so many people are basically implying that much of the series is worthless because 1.5 didn't become the final game in place of 2. I'm genuinely sorry for the fact that you can't see Resident Evil 2, for the masterpiece it is, for what it did for storytelling in gaming. There was never any guarantee that 1.5 would of achieved in an entire game, what Resident Evil 2 achieves in one sequence (Hunk's team/Birkin assassination flashback for example).

I'm not trying to bait folks here or anything, and if it turns out to be something truly incredibly then I'll eat these words for sure. But I just can't see it. I really can't. At the time, and now in retrospect looking back, nothing about 1.5 got me excited or interested, but the first time I played Resident Evil 2? Hooked. For life.
                        I do agree, yes. I don't believe that 1.5 can be better than Resident Evil 2 as whole. There was a reason why it was canceled. I do love Resident Evil 2 and of course the RE3 and RE1. Extreme battle and Mercineries mode is ma favorite thing and Hunk 4th survivor also.

If I had a chance to select what will I play from these days on til I die, I'd choose 1.5 as I have played so much retail and 1.5 is unplayed. But it might make a day when I regret selection.

I am also sorry that you don't see the atmosphere effect that so deeply ties 1.5 into its own layer.
                        ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

Comment

• WTF, i never knew i could use that Ventilation Hole to escape from that idiot, i should do another rerun again and see where does it lead ! anyway the 40% turned out to be more complete than we thought, its looks like the sewers are in there as well, but im still wondering if we still can play with the supporting characters even in this early build !

Comment

• some time ago i was so surprised by this in RE3 and went to make it as soon as i discovered! but i cant remember where this thing leads us. no spoiler, uh!?

Comment

• "narrate possibly record tonight. i hope. video maybe reach new year. phew. what horrible week has been."

This is the latest update on MrBZork's YouTube page. Hopefully we will see the video soon. I wonder why he said it was a horrible week...
                              Last edited by Zombie_X; 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Because he's probably very busy and feels like he has to live up to people's expectations. I can hardly wait to see that video, I think we're very lucky to have a guy like him working on that project.

Comment

Working...
                                X