Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    The 1.5 FMV's were completed. What I gather is they were rendered and saved but never implemented at all. It's hard to say if they had audio at all.
    I'm sure they'd leave all that till last - getting the actual game made first.
    Sure they "may" have created them but I highly doubt any of it is in the game itself.. We'll have to wait and see
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
      Sure they "may" have created them
      No "may" here, we said multiple times the FMVs were completed.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
      but I highly doubt any of it is in the game itself.. We'll have to wait and see
      There's no need to doubt anything, it was never incorporated in the game. We talked about these things tons of times.

Comment

• No FMVs were completed.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Most of the time when games aren't finished, like Core Design's TR Anniversary that got deleted and taken over by Crystal Dynamics (the one we now have)
          the game and levels were finished, but voice acting, Lara's sounds and cutscenes weren't even done..

Designers always finish the game levels first, then go back and do voice recordings, FMV's and extra bug fixes..
          That's why Elza uses Jill's damage sounds from RE1.. It was never finished - only a few for some IN-GAME cutscenes as we've seen

EDIT: Never noticed that Leon's 1.5 sounds were used for Chris in RE2 Battle Mode Here... compared to RE2 Retail, its different.

Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 01-07-2013, 05:20 AM.
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            No FMVs were completed.
            Im pretty sure it was stated in an interview a few times that the FMVs were all complete. It's even been stated in this thread just a few pages back.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
              Most of the time when games aren't finished, like Core Design's TR Anniversary that got deleted and taken over by Crystal Dynamics (the one we now have)
              the game and levels were finished, but voice acting, Lara's sounds and cutscenes weren't even done..

Designers always finish the game levels first, then go back and do voice recordings, FMV's and extra bug fixes..
              That's why Elza uses Jill's damage sounds from RE1.. It was never finished - only a few for some IN-GAME cutscenes as we've seen

EDIT: Never noticed that Leon's 1.5 sounds were used for Chris in RE2 Battle Mode Here... compared to RE2 Retail, its different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uIBfDEIyM4
              Always is a strong word, and incorrect. Take, for instance, Stargate SG-1 The Alliance. Tons of voice acting was done and completed, and yet there were entire levels that weren't yet implemented, or even started in some cases (beyond a basic idea of what would happen in the level). Order of creation generally does have voice acting somewhat later, after *something* is created, but the actual timing of things varies enough to be able to safely say that no, designers do not always finish the game levels first. (And yes, I notice you wrote "Most of the time" at the top, but even still, things happen at different times depending on the game and the studio creating them)

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                Im pretty sure it was stated in an interview a few times that the FMVs were all complete. It's even been stated in this thread just a few pages back.
                I'd like to see it. They said they had to start from scratch, which says nothing for how far along they were. Pretty big leap to say they were all finished and ready. Sounds like another casually blind assumption.

Comment

• they were annoyed that they had to redo them, so we can infer that a least some of the work was already done.

Comment

• Originally posted by warren View Post
                    they were annoyed that they had to redo them, so we can infer that a least some of the work was already done.
                    "Some work" doesn't say a lot. Again, pure hearsay. No assets from them were reused in BH2 either.

Comment

I'd like to see it. They said they had to start from scratch, which says nothing for how far along they were. Pretty big leap to say they were all finished and ready. Sounds like another casually blind assumption.
                      I don't know exactly what was stated.... just that the FMV's were done, i'm sure there are a few members here that have that interview ready at hand.... as i don't. It was stated that they were done or the majority of them were done though i know that for sure.
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Found it. Here's what was actually said, minus hyperbole, exaggeration and fantasy.

Q: "What was your biggest challenge working on this game [RE2]".
                        A: "To redo the whole CGI, so they match the new storyline."
                        So basically; no indication how far along they were, just that they scrapped whatever they had and started from scratch.

Comment

• I don't mean to interfere and I sure don't wanna start or enhance this argument, but the words "biggest challenge" and "whole CGI" seem to be indicative of that they had done more than just a little bit.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 01-07-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            I don't mean to interfere and I sure don't wanna start or enhance this argument, but the words "biggest challenge" and "whole CGI" seem to be indicative of that they had done more than just a little bit.
                            No, they don't. Meaningless assumptions based on nothing. "Whole" only means they scrapped everything. It is still not an indication of the volume they had done at that point. Biggest challenge? Of course it would be a big challenge if they had to recreate everything from scratch and abandon other assets completely, then re-create new storyboards. Again, not an indication of volume.

I really wish this community would stop relying on assumptions and hearsay.

Comment

Found it. Here's what was actually said, minus hyperbole, exaggeration and fantasy.

So basically; no indication how far along they were, just that they scrapped whatever they had and started from scratch.
                              If they only had a little bit done then i really don't think they would of called redoing a few CGI scenes a challenge, that right there is a clear hint that quite a few if not all of them were done. Where did you find that anyways? Thanks.
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Does anybody notices this? look at the circle in red
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	2ldkodw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	402212

Comment

Working...
                                X