Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone misunderstands something, correct them, it's as simple as that. As Alzaire said, education is the key. If you are in the position to accuse someone of spreading misinformation, you are also in the position to correct them and educate them on what is and isn't right as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
      A lot of information is from over a decade ago when the internet was still young and most people still relied on things like magazines. It was very hard for regular people to "fact check" back then, so a lot of it was interpretation that just eventually grew into factual passing. The only thing they had was things like magazine interviews. So it's really not surprising how some things are just taken for granted and understood as a certain interpretation when it's been that way a decade or more. And it doesn't help when the authenticity police strolls in like a dictator of facts and kicks people in the groin and insults them for being stupid when there's been so much established interpretation that many would be reluctant to believe otherwise, especially when it's only really just now that "fans" can get more direct interviews or contact former employees for more in-depth answers (and have access to and translate overseas material most fans didn't know exist) but either don't have a means to mass advertise the information (sitting in one website doesn't count), choose to or have to not disclose the information for various reasons, and the like. Hostility breeds hostility. Education is the key, information and backed up facts as well as explanations of interpretation and information work better than treating people like idiots for not knowing or understanding vague and/or interpretational information when the facts are not released or secluded to one area that many people do not go to or even know about.
      In the end, if something is incorrect or has been skewered by the passage of time, there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. There's nothing hostile about it. You're right about education being key, which is precisely why I did everything you just listed. People choosing to rely on personal conjecture and ignoring all evidence to the contrary are what truly breeds hostility most of the time. Saying "That's untrue actually, here's why:" is not an attempt to gut punch someone. On the other hand, if you back-up the opposing argument with essentially nothing and still cry foul and proclaim your position, you're going to cause frustration and it does nothing but impede progress and stop people getting actual information because there's now two opposing versions of the same thing.
      Last edited by News Bot; 01-07-2013, 02:16 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
        Alpha build was shown at the August '96 TGS, iirc. The next TGS after that one was in April '97, but 1.5 apparently got canned early in 1997 so I think it's unlikely that they were showcasing a scrapped product there.
        Makes sense. So does anyone know what event the private 1.5 showing was at? It's interesting how it's one of the more unique shots, showing quite literally one of the most unexplored areas of the game.

Comment

• This whole heresay thing continues and we go around in circles. No wonder NB is annoyed.

No in April 1997 TGS 1.5 still appeared on the floor. Talked about this much earlier in the thread, as when it came to the E3 a few months later they republished the 1996 English PR details for 1.5, pushed the game back to late 1997, and screened footage that combined 1.5 and early work on finished version together because they didnt have enough new stuff to show. That video was also posted in this thread several times.

Video from the April 97 TGS from the wonderful people at Biohazard France off a Sony disc that shows it was there:

And images from SurvivHor;

People just need to do a little research before jumping to conclusions.
          Last edited by Rombie; 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling via IPhone = retard

Comment

• It's time for News bot to take a long hike, one that he gets lost from and doesn't return. I don't care who he is and I don't care what he is doing for the 1.5 community, the fucker's attitude isn't worth it. Everytime he posts, he just shows that he is an asshole with no social skills what-so-ever. I don't care if he's having a bad day or has autism/aspergers (which is very likely from his repsonses) - He just needs to go back to beating his wife/kids/animals or whatever people like him do for fun. Ive read every post on this topic and seen a lot of people being dicks to one another, yet he manages to stand out as the biggest dick of all. Get lost NB, this discussion will be just fine without you.
            Last edited by Treeman; 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM.
            http://warmech.fantasyworldxd.co.uk <---My old site

Comment

• Soo...Tell us how you really feel.
              Good link rombie. Haven't seen a couple of those suvivhor photos before. Nice footage of birkin 3 and 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treeman View Post
                It's time for News bot to take a long hike, one that he gets lost from and doesn't return. I don't care who he is and I don't care what he is doing for the 1.5 community, the fucker's attitude isn't worth it. Everytime he posts, he just shows that he is an asshole with no social skills what-so-ever. I don't care if he's having a bad day or has autism/aspergers (which is very likely from his repsonses) - He just needs to go back to beating his wife/kids/animals or whatever people like him do for fun. Ive read every post on this topic and seen a lot of people being dicks to one another, yet he manages to stand out as the biggest dick of all. Get lost NB, this discussion will be just fine without you.
                Yet you're more wound up than I am. While I'm a cranky cunt by nature at times, I haven't insulted or been a dick to anyone. I've stated whether something was correct or not, backing myself up along the way without getting personal.

I also take long hikes regularly, thanks for the fitness concern though!
                Last edited by News Bot; 01-07-2013, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• The problem with telling someone to take a hike these days is that mobile communication devices means they can go take a hike all they want and still be around and post on their phone, tablet, etc.

Edit: Not a dig at anyone, just pointing out how outdated that saying is. XD
                  Last edited by Alzaire; 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    No in April 1997 TGS 1.5 still appeared on the floor.
                    That's weird. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the game canned in december 1996? The backgrounds in the trial edition seem to confirm that, since it's the most recent material we can find.

So they showed the game for the TGS (as a placeholder of the final game), around 4 months later, knowing they would never release it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                      The problem with telling someone to take a hike these days is that mobile communication devices means they can go take a hike all they want and still be around and post on their phone, tablet, etc.

Edit: Not a dig at anyone, just pointing out how outdated that saying is. XD
                      If only they'd waterproof them already so I can go take long swims instead.

Comment

• So, is everybody done bitching at one another? Fantastic. Now we can get back to more important topics- Like MrBzork's latest post

"people always love a number of no meaning. progress of todays is about 92,70% to midnight."
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                          This whole heresay thing continues and we go around in circles. No wonder NB is annoyed.

No in April 1997 TGS 1.5 still appeared on the floor. Talked about this much earlier in the thread, as when it came to the E3 a few months later they republished the 1996 English PR details for 1.5, pushed the game back to late 1997, and screened footage that combined 1.5 and early work on finished version together because they didnt have enough new stuff to show. That video was also posted in this thread several times.

Video from the April 97 TGS from the wonderful people at Biohazard France off a Sony disc that shows it was there:

And images from SurvivHor;

People just need to do a little research before jumping to conclusions.
                          Yes but it wasn't actually playable though, right? Was the private showing at that TGS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                            That's weird. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the game canned in december 1996? The backgrounds in the trial edition seem to confirm that, since it's the most recent material we can find.

So they showed the game for the TGS (as a placeholder of the final game), around 4 months later, knowing they would never release it?
                            I get the suspicion that what they actually showed might have been Complete Disc footage.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                              "people always love a number of no meaning. progress of todays is about 92,70% to midnight."
                              Not his fault if people tend to ask stupidly retarded questions. Especially when it comes to a fan project whose progress depends on the availability of the people working on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                                I get the suspicion that what they actually showed might have been Complete Disc footage.
                                But that would still be material from december 96, or maybe a bit before. I find it strange they'd use it as a placeholder 4 months later if you consider that they canceled it because of it's supposed bad quality.

"Our game is shitty, let's restart the whole project! But we don't have much to show, so let's advertise BH2 using our shitty game instead!"

Comment

Working...
                                X