Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
    LOL ! yeah some of us here are big fans of 1.5.

some crazy some not so crazy lol.
    You forgot the third type of RE1.5 aficionado... Those who just like to watch the world burn. And by that, I mean those who like to sit in the bleachers and watch the crazies wrestle with the seemingly sane ones. Wrestling over inane concerns such as release dates and the obtuse nature of our resident source of 1.5 information B.Zork. I cannot blame B.Zork or the team for being EXTREMELY cautious about when and what they tell the average RE1.5 fan regarding their progress. It would be pandemonium... or have we forgotten the LAST RE1.5 fiasco that cost us so dearly?
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 01-15-2013, 11:11 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• I found this subtitle mentioned in Project Umbrella's scenario section:

Leon returns to the rooftop later on.
      「ホールは・・・」A hole...
      Note: Also "hall" though it doesn't fit the context.
      Does anyone know which screenshot this line is taken from?

Comment

• I think I figured out the purpose of the Firing Range puzzle.

As some keen observers may have noticed, there is a keypad next to the Armory door (which can only be used after the power is restored). The code to unlock the Armory is likely revealed by examining either the front or rear of the targets, and perhaps in a certain order according to the stall's number. Calling up the targets in the incorrect order might result in dogs leaping out of the Kennel's vent. This might be similar to a combination of RE2's Library puzzle and the painting marked with a password in Code: Veronica.

After the Famitsu era, the number of stalls was halved to simplify the puzzle, and as the Kennel was not yet adjoined to the Firing Range at that point in development, the dogs were likely already there upon initial exploration.

Comment

• RE6 just kinda ... well ... "ended" - for me, anyway. I was very disappointed. Didn't make my heart race like the old games.

I think you're on to something, Enig. I theorized along the same lines myself, albeit in a different way and for a PMOD, not the actual game. That whole end of B1 seems to revolve around getting into the Armory, and solving the Firing Range puzzle is the most likely way to achieve whatever solution that might be. Otherwise, what's the point of it being there? That might ... MIGHT (grin) ...explain why it was later removed for RE2 retail. Once the basement was simplified, the Armory moved, and access made (somewhat) easier, it was no longer needed. It's a shame it was struck, though. It added some needed realism to the whole police station setting.

Resident "conspiracy theorist," someone called me? ... ... I like it. You need at least one nut in the room to liven up things. I needed a good label to "fit my idiom," anyway. Guess I'll need to find a good avatar to match.
          Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
          Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            I found this subtitle mentioned in Project Umbrella's scenario section:

Does anyone know which screenshot this line is taken from?
            It's from a screenshot of Leon checking the warehouse elevator.

EDIT

Sorry for the other post, wrong screenshot.

EDIT2

Found the right ss:
            Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2013, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
              「キーんに...」
              [for the] key...

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                「キーんに...」
                [for the] key...
                Well, I don't think I've ever saw a picture of Leon on the rooftop saying "「ホールは・・・」".
                This was the closest I've found.

Comment

• Seems like the solution to where you meet one of the side characters has been staring us in the face all this time. Initially, I thought that cell door was made a 3D object so a zombie could bust it open and provide a mild scare for the player, but it seems impossible since the door opens towards the interior of the cell. If that isn't the case, then the only other explanation I can think of why it was set up this way is that you are supposed to free/meet a side character from this prison cell. It's either he/she locked himself in there or that person is actually a detainee (both are analogous to Ben in retail). Sherry doesn't really fit the bill and Marvin is apparently met on the second floor of the station. That would leave us with John and Ada, who both look like they have good reasons to be thrown into jail. One looks like a big, bulky and intimidating construction worker (who probably gets into fights a lot), while the other one is apparently a detainee from the Umbrella laboratory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	prison cell.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	402297
                  Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-16-2013, 04:04 AM.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                    Well, I don't think I've ever saw a picture of Leon on the rooftop saying "「ホールは・・・」".
                    This was the closest I've found.
                    Neither have I, it's a real mystery...

Comment

• @biohazard_star

I'd put my money on John. I mean, just look at him!

Comment

• John with no doubt

Comment

• Yea that's what I was thinking too. I can't really imagine Kamiya would set-up Leon's first meeting with Ada to be in a dingy old prison cell. Haha
                          Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-16-2013, 04:16 AM.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Yeah and It's quite common pairing up with a detainee in a horror movie or action movie. Or in a state of emergency. That's quite the idea they used in Zero.
                            Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Unsurprisingly, I guess you could say that the Elza & John pair-up is another 1.5 concept that got revisited and expanded on in a succeeding RE game (Zero).
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• Honestly, there isn't much that was cut from 1.5 that doesn't show up again in a later game. I think the G-Virus vaccine and the man-spider are about it, and even then elements certainly do (the Devil Vaccine, the two bug enemies in RE3, etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X