Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    Really? I'm surprised.. and you call yourselves RE fans! *runs away crying*
    dont worry, lil guy, i hear everyday that i am not a RE fan cuz i hate RE 4,5,6, orc.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
      dont worry, lil guy, i hear everyday that i am not a RE fan cuz i hate RE 4,5,6, orc.
      I like 4, 5, and 6, but not as an "RE" game. ORC is just poo, but enjoyable poo.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
        Oh yeah? Well this video below says otherwise. It spit's , but away from Jill. So they DO spit acid. Maybe not the Drain Deimos, but the Brain Sucker does.

Someone just got pwned with this video. lol. Nice find.
        Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          There were no sub-weapons in 1.5, and armor is not an alien concept to video games. I'd also like to see these recycled places, because I'm betting they're once again going to be related to background textures.
          A-2 Elevator

Click image for larger version

Name:	location.biohazard2.a2elevator01.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	402300 Click image for larger version

Name:	location.dinocrisis2.a2elevator01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	402301 Click image for larger version

Name:	location.dinocrisis2.a2elevator02.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	402302

D-2 Shelter (and recycled design location)

Name:	location.biohazard2.d2shelter02.jpeg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	402299 Click image for larger version

Name:	location.dinocrisis2.d2shelter.jpg
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	402303 Click image for larger version

Name:	location.dinocrisis2.d2shelter02.jpg
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	402304 Click image for larger version

Name:	location.biohazard2.d2shelter03.jpeg
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	402305 Click image for larger version

Name:	location.dinocrisis2.d2shelter03.jpg
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	402306

Guess which two sections of the B2F Laboratory were not fully re-used (with cosmetic changes) in BioHazard 2 retail product.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          What words of mine are you going on about? To begin with I don't know what translation of mine you're talking about.
          It's kind funny you mention this, because I was having trouble finding it, too. Had to look at my post history, but it was nowhere near to be found. Then, I tried to google it using certain terms, yet, I was out of luck. Finally, I looked for it in the original topic at Project Umbrella forums, but for some odd reason, it seemed to be missing. Thankfully, I'm resourceful enough to find things when I want, so here it is:

* Irregular Mutant (Drain Demons)

Base is a tiny parasitic insect that absorbs nutrients from viral infected zombies, which causes rapid growth, mutation, until it finally develops to about the size of human. Found in dark and damp areas, it uses many spidery limbs to attach to walls and ceiling while waiting for prey. When it stands up on two feet it’s dangerous up close.

Ivy spits acid/poison acid over you by grabbing you when close, and also spits from a distance. I don't need to play BH2 again. I also don't need to play BH3 again. DD/BS do not spit anything, ever. They latch onto you and begin to feed or swipe at you with their claws. The clue to their attack methods is in their names. They also jump around the environment and crawl around on walls and ceilings like the Web Spinner/Giant Spider. To say that is the same behavior as an enemy that we've only seen moving in a straight line is pretty... speculative.
          Ivy doesn't spit poison from a distance. Again, replay BioHazard 2 (or inform yourself) before claiming things that are clearly incorrect. Furthermore, slobbering poison all over the player is not the same as spitting it. There is a distinct difference. And in case you still doubt the similarities between Monster Spider and Drain Deimos/Brain Suckers:

Name:	test.gif
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	402307 Click image for larger version

Name:	test(1).gif
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	402308 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capcom Friendly Club CFC Style_ Volume 2 (VHS).mp4_snapshot_17.07_[2013.01.17_03.12.09].jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	402309 Click image for larger version

Name:	SLUS_009.23_17012013_022959_0332.png
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	402310 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Evil 2 (1.5) Unseen In-Game PlayStation Footage - バ.mp4_snapshot_08.06_[2013.01..jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	402312 Click image for larger version

Name:	SLUS_009.23_17012013_025356_0995.png
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	402311

First two pictures are .gif. Another tidbit. Know when Monster Spider and Brain Suckers spit venom at the player? Most frequently when they are getting shot at. Pretty coincidence for something that was not "recycled", huh?

Oh and..

(...)They also jump around the environment and crawl around on walls and ceilings like the Web Spinner/Giant Spider(...)
          (...)crawl around on walls and ceilings like the Web Spinner/Giant Spider(...)
          (...)Web Spinner/Giant Spider(...)
          ... really?

EDIT: Apparently I'm just awesome at BH3 to the point where two enemies have never been able to use one of their attacks on me. Learn something new every day.
          You don't need to. I only found out when I played BioHazard 3 Nemesis with the Infinite Assault Rifle. Manual Mode only, defeat Nemesis on every occasion. It's quite a joy the replayability that BioHazard 3 offers.
          Last edited by Kegluneq; 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the link

BioHazard YouTube Channel
          BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Strange how that brain sucker isn't even aiming at jill when it spits, when I play they actually shoot it at jill, just like the manspider.

Comment

• Ivy totally spits either acid OR poison depending on if you use the anti BOW gas in transition to A and B game.

The red varients are poisonous. I just played all four scenarios, please trust me.
              Last edited by DSC; 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                Strange how that brain sucker isn't even aiming at jill when it spits, when I play they actually shoot it at jill, just like the manspider.
                It is. Jill is dodging it.

Originally posted by DSC View Post
                Ivy totally spits either acid OR poison depending on if you use the anti BOW gas in transition to A and B game.

The red varients are poisonous. I just played all four scenarios, please trust me.
                You're right. I forgot about the anti B.O.W Ivy. My apologies for the confusion.
                Last edited by Kegluneq; 01-16-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                  A-2 Elevator

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7956[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7957[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7958[/ATTACH]

D-2 Shelter (and recycled design location)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7955[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7959[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7960[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7961[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7962[/ATTACH]

Guess which two sections of the B2F Laboratory were not fully re-used (with cosmetic changes) in BioHazard 2 retail product.

It's kind funny you mention this, because I was having trouble finding it, too. Had to look at my post history, but it was nowhere near to be found. Then, I tried to google it using certain terms, yet, I was out of luck. Finally, I looked for it in the original topic at Project Umbrella forums, but for some odd reason, it seemed to be missing. Thankfully, I'm resourceful enough to find things when I want, so here it is:

Base is a tiny parasitic insect that absorbs nutrients from viral infected zombies, which causes rapid growth, mutation, until it finally develops to about the size of human. Found in dark and damp areas, it uses many spidery limbs to attach to walls and ceiling while waiting for prey. When it stands up on two feet it’s dangerous up close.

Ivy doesn't spit poison from a distance. Again, replay BioHazard 2 (or inform yourself) before claiming things that are clearly incorrect. Furthermore, slobbering poison all over the player is not the same as spitting it. There is a distinct difference. And in case you still doubt the similarities between Monster Spider and Drain Deimos/Brain Suckers:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7963[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7964[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7965[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7966[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7968[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]7967[/ATTACH]

First two pictures are .gif. Another tidbit. Know when Monster Spider and Brain Suckers spit venom at the player? Most frequently when they are getting shot at. Pretty coincidence for something that was not "recycled", huh?

Oh and..

... really?

You don't need to. I only found out when I played BioHazard 3 Nemesis with the Infinite Assault Rifle. Manual Mode only, defeat Nemesis on every occasion. It's quite a joy the replayability that BioHazard 3 offers.
                  OMG, I am blown away by the amount of pwnage someone on here is receiving ! =)

Comment

• Both types of Ivy spit, the darker gas affected ones do it more regularly. The latter takes more health from you in both spitting and grab and vomit styles.

If they can tell you're in the area and they don't shuffle forwards or close enough to vine whip you then they tend to try to spit at you from a distance.

Shooting them limits the spitting because they jitter on the spot as I recall.

Even the official artwork for them shows them spitting something.
                    Last edited by Rombie; 01-16-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                      Both types of Ivy spit, the darker gas affected ones do it more regularly. The latter takes more health from you in both spitting and grab and vomit styles.

If they can tell you're in the area and they don't shuffle forwards or close enough to vine whip you then they tend to try to spit at you from a distance.

This is correct. Ivy does spit poison from a distance, I remember walking into the first IVY corridor in RE2 and having to either run quickly to dodge the spit or kill it off quickly.
                      What I don't understand is why someone on here (not you Rombie) is bringing up Ivy's as a comparison to the BS/DD and 1.5 creature...
                      The similarities; both visually and attack wise are very similar for the BS/DD and 1.5 monster. The 1.5 monster did not resemble a plant at all...
                      But there are a lot of things similar from the way it gets up on 2 rear legs and rushes you, to the spitting, and the crawling that we saw in the RE3 creatures. Whether it's not meant to be related by the developers or not, you can't deny there are many similarities. And a Plant Creature spitting poison too, isn't as valid of a comparison to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                        Both types of Ivy spit, the darker gas affected ones do it more regularly. The latter takes more health from you in both spitting and grab and vomit styles.

Shooting them limits the spitting because they jitter on the spot as I recall.

You're right. Even the normal Ivy does spit the venom. I completely forgot about that.

Sorry for the misinformed comments.

Comment

• Here's a few more 1.5 assets that got reused. A few rooms in DC2 definitely have that 1.5-ish atmosphere, but I think the similarities end with the reuse of assets:

Name:	ST200 00025.jpg
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	402313Click image for larger version

Name:	ST402 00002.jpg
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	402314
                          (roof and wall are from the 1.5 factory; "Level 4" texture on the billboard)

As for the D-2 Shelter hallway, its design crept its way into retail and merged with the P-4/Level 4 lab hallway:

Name:	shelter.jpg
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	402315
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            I also don't need to play BH3 again. DD/BS do not spit anything, ever.
                            Ummm....yes, they do.

Comment

• Yeah, people posted some videos that showed News Bot was wrong. The world wobbled on it's axis for a minute, but I think we're OK.

But yes, it does seem a touch odd to me that most of the features that were rumoured to have been in the game have shown up in later instalments, but just happened to be completely independent of 1.5. You'd think they'd have at least looked to see what the issues that caused them to be scrapped were, and how to fix them, rather than making the same mistakes again...but eh. Common sense and Capcom go together like a brick of potassium and water.

Comment

• The Monster-Spider grabs and bites you from the looks of it, hence the blood.

Backgrounds are mainly taken from a CAPCOM texture dump and are actually in quite a lot of their games. The "D-2 shelter" aside (which is pushing it), none of those images show any meaningful connection.

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                                Ummm....yes, they do.
                                Maybe you should try reading a bit more before posting.

What is the significance here? Are you referring to the "spidery limbs" part? It's referring to its ability to crawl around on walls and ceilings like the Giant Spider/Web Spinner (and Licker). Here's why they actually designed Drain Deimos. They didn't look to the Monster-Spider for inspiration, they wanted an enemy that could utilize the entire environment but did not want to reuse the Licker. The Monster-Spider has never been shown using walls or ceilings as far as I'm aware.

Also, that translation is not mine.

We designed this monster that walks on walls or ceilings and jumps because "a monster that uses three-dimensional space" was requested. This monster's motif was a flea.
                                When you shoot it, sometimes its arms come off or they drop eggs, please look carefully.
                                Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                                You're right. Even the normal Ivy does spit the venom. I completely forgot about that.

Sorry for the misinformed comments.
                                Nobody's safe from not being able to remember something.

you can't deny there are many similarities
                                Nobody's denying that. It's when people say shit like "THIS WAS CLEARLY TAKEN AND REUSED FROM THIS GAME" without any basis to go on.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 01-17-2013, 04:23 AM.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X