Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    CAPCOM used "1.5" internally to refer to BH3 for a time. Then they used "1.9."
    Any proof?
    Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred View Post
      Any proof?
      Can't name names, but here's the quote.

The team was temporarily called BIOHAZARD 1.5.
      Although it was a spin-off, the stage was Raccoon City. And it was temporarily called 1.5 because the time was the interval between BIO1 and BIO2.
      The game Kamiya was making was a story after BIO2.

(1.9) About this, it failed in the midst of making 2. NOTE: He got confused between 1.5 and 1.9 here.
      2.1 doesn't exist. Even if it did, it would be the ship version.
      Last edited by News Bot; 01-17-2013, 05:05 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I can't rely on an old French translation.
        You do crack me up, kiddo
        There is an even older English translation here:
        Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
          You do crack me up, kiddo
          There is an even older English translation here:
          http://members.multimania.co.uk/evil2002/re5.htm
          That wasn't an insult. It's just that 1) I can't read French and 2) Many translations from so long ago tended to not be very accurate.

Thanks for that. No Japanese transcript or scans? Even that English translation is pretty... eh. "Western-style building" in place of "mansion" and so on.
          Last edited by News Bot; 01-17-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Many translations from so long ago tended to not be very accurate.
            I do take offense of that.
            When I was in charge of SurvivHor and Biohazard France (1998 - 2004) I used the skills of two Japanese-speaking people (one being a native Japanese, "Doughboy", who made a living at the time as a Japanese-English translator. The other being the infamous Dominion).
            So every time one of my pages mention "Thanks to Dominion/Doughboy for the translation", I am sure it is pretty accurate.
            When the text comes from a Western magazine, then yes, I agree, it can be pretty crappy.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            No Japanese transcript or scans?
            I don't have anything anymore. Ask John (and maybe Chris): I gave him all my scans related to RE1.5 when I stopped SvH and BHFR, and he was supposed to work with Chris on a special RE1.5 feature for THIA. I don't remember if I gave him the pages about interviews, thought. Maybe only the ones with screenshots/artworks.
            Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

CAPCOM used "1.5" internally to refer to BH3 for a time. Then they used "1.9."
              Really? wow! thanks for that!
              Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 01-17-2013, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Is the raw Japanese transcript or scans of that interview available? I can't rely on an old French translation.
                This interview was also posted in Tips & Tricks Issue #37 (January 1998):

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Doughboy's translations weren't very accurate, to be quite honest. For example, compare Doughboy's to this one. I assume he simply wasn't that adept in English. What's he doing these days?

Thanks for that, I'll bug them about it.

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                  This interview was also posted in Tips & Tricks Issue #37 (January 1998):

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=ACDA2...E3451D735B!834
                  Wow, I know this interview quite well but didn't know it was the same as that Famitsu one. I still need the original Japanese for archive and fact-check purposes, but it does seem to show that Mikami at the very least began calling the scrapped BH2 as "1.5."
                  Last edited by News Bot; 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                    Really? wow! thanks for that!
                    DB WTF is with the sig?!!?!? WRSDFSFDQSERASDFASDFASDW!@!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

• I saw that too. It.. it looks legit. WTH...

I can't make out everything they are talking about, but one word I recognize is BIOHAZARD 1.5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15_zps7080799a.gif
Views:	1
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	402318Click image for larger version

Name:	1.51.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	402317
                      Last edited by Zombie_X; 01-17-2013, 09:41 PM.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                        This. People forget that the game was worked on every day and various elements changed every day. To them it all just melded together during the development cycle. The era stuff is all just designation for our own uses to help identify things as best as we can see them from what we have. To them, it's all just lumped together as one development spread out over a few months where they saw the changes every day, every hour.
                        Certainly, for Capcom it would have been one fluid development, however I think there are some significant moments where even Capcom knew development was now working on a different level. I think the 40% build is evidence of this. Looking back to the alpha builds their focus was mainly on the RPD producing rooms like the Lobby and Brian Irons Office, with a few other beta rooms of things like sewer and lab environments. But there's this moment, likely when the scenario was in its final drafting stages, where development seemed to work heavily on multiple stages such as The Sewers, The Factory, The Labs etc, instead of just one. The 40% appears to be from the start of this jump in development, which seems to indicate Capcom knew where they were going with the story but each section just as incomplete as each other (one day when we get to look at raw image files and look at dates they were last modified we can get a clearer picture of exactly what Capcom were working on and when).

It's best to just call it the alpha and beta stages because really that's what it is, but I think these are two eras of development that Capcom were well aware of. Before hand they were drafting, eventually they knew exactly what it is they were doing and by this point (40%) this is what stage Capcom were in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                          DB WTF is with the sig?!!?!? WRSDFSFDQSERASDFASDFASDW!@!!!!!!!!!!1
                          It was made by c2keo, iirc. It isn't legit.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            It was made by c2keo, iirc. It isn't legit.
                            Well, poo, it looks legit to me. Even Leon's model looks different..
                            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Can someone upload or PM me the complete c2keo collection?

Comment

• Yeah his work is impressive, half the time I can't tell the difference unless I actually go looking for things.

Comment

Working...
                                X