Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
    Not new stuff, just a screenshot of Birkin coming from the elevator, what we seen in a trailer before. It looks a bit darker however, maybe the team adds a little adjustment to the color palette, or maybe just the screenshot is darker.
    That is not the elevator you are thinking of, in that scene birkin has already ditched the pipe, he is mutating, getting his trademark claws, its not the one with SHERRYY, its later on

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      And what they are doing is very lengthy, and time hungry. Restoring a 40% complete game into an 70-80% complete game will take awhile. It's a restoration to me, not a lolmod.
      You honestly think that mods aren't time consuming, lengthy and time hungry? You've never seen a big mod then, go google Black Mesa. In fact, I'd say that this restoration project probably requires LESS work because when you're creating a full-fledged mod of a game engine it can require A LOT of work close to developing a new game. Not 'lolmod'.

Anyway, I have no idea if there are any Tyrants but I think I recall News Bot saying there wasn't any involved with the game story. Remember that G-Annette art? It was apparently only for retail 2. I hope that Birkin's form in 1.5 is as intimidating at Tyrant haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gradon View Post
        You honestly think that mods aren't time consuming, lengthy and time hungry? You've never seen a big mod then, go google Black Mesa. In fact, I'd say that this restoration project probably requires LESS work because when you're creating a full-fledged mod of a game engine it can require A LOT of work close to developing a new game. Not 'lolmod'.

Anyway, I have no idea if there are any Tyrants but I think I recall News Bot saying there wasn't any involved with the game story. Remember that G-Annette art? It was apparently only for retail 2. I hope that Birkin's form in 1.5 is as intimidating at Tyrant haha.
        Yeah I don't know if G-Annette was retail 2 concept art but the tyrant was. I thought maybe she was 1.5 art since she was batshit insane even more than retail. Except the Tyrant became real and G-Annette was only a concept. Though they changed the tyrant up a bit, lost the weirdo gun and gas mask. I know all about mods taking forever. Dark Biohazard rings a bell, lolz. Except this restoration has an aimed goal and Everyone is going to be really sensitive to what they do and how they do it. So far, its been Grade-A work from what we've seen.
        Last edited by Darkness; 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• You can't "restore" a 40% complete game to 80 or 100% one without all those assets. Regardless of the amount of info there is and knowledge, it is not the actual materials for the game. They are reference material to make a reproduction. So technically. It is a mod, unless they also have the later build.
          You can't turn a 40% into a 80% without having the 80% material. Recreation of something you don't have is modding in the game world. We saw that with people attempting to "recreate" 1.5 in RE2 retail.
          Tired of Stupid... sigpic

Comment

I'm going to call it restoration.
            You can call it whatever you want, but a restauration is a mod.

And in this case: Custom rooms, custom models, custom balance, custom items pictures, custom animations, custom puzzles, custom backgrounds for the main screen, save screen, custom mechanics such as saving, custom tons of other things.

It's the perfect definition of a mod, and they "restore" it the way they see fit.
            Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• If this weren't 1.5 and they didn't have an iso I'd probably agree with you. But this is the holy grail and they are giving us a chance to beat 1.5 and play it without a debug menu
              So you can call it what you want, I'll call it restoring life to 1.5
              Last edited by Darkness; 01-22-2013, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• To be honest, what they're doing is fantastic regardless of content. For being fans of the series themselves I am happy to see what they're coming up with even if it is their own content. At least 1.5 will finally see release by fanatics of the series, I can't see this mod doing any harm to the 'Complete' 1.5 itself.

Comment

• The Zorkmeister said he wants to be able to release 'all builds of 1.5'
                  So I dunno if they have more than one, but It'll be great to see all the additions they make. But I'll be playing their version.

Comment

If this weren't 1.5 and they didn't have an iso I'd probably agree with you.
                    There's absolutely no logic in what you're saying. You can say whatever you want, a mod is a mod, a donkey is a donkey, a game is a game. But you can use your own custom vocabulary as you see fit.

Comment

• Semantically and technically speaking, it's neither a mod nor a restoration. You consider something a mod when you grab a retail game, change things, or add new features that were never planned in the first place. Other than that, you're basing your work on something that already exists and works as intended. A restoration takes whatever missing feature (or asset) from a game and adds that back in, making the process a simple hypernym of "mod". When you speak about prototypes, neither applies because you're completing a partially/entirely broken engine, making yourself part of the development process (a mod can't be considered part of that, no matter what one would think).

As for those who are still wishing to play only the raw build, I'd suggest you to think about it. The game could be so broken it wouldn't be even funny at all. But hey, to each their own.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                        You consider something a mod when you grab a retail game
                        Since the definition of mod applies to any software, should it be programs or games, as well as hardware, I don't agree with your idea that it only applies to "retail" games. I don't even know where you get that idea from.

And even if the goal is a restauration, since the assets are custom, it's a mod anyway. I don't even understand why people make a fuss about that. It would be the same as saying that *insert famous historical figure* is not a man, but a legend since we highly respect him. It's just fallacious.
                        Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-22-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          Since the definition of mod applies to any software, should it be programs or games, as well as hardware, I don't agree with your idea that it only applies to "retail" games. I don't even know where you get that idea from.
                          The word "mod" comes straight from modifications created using retail games, mainly FPS. It never covered prototypes and it usually involves tools coming straight from the developer (it was specifically the case of games such as Quake or Half Life). Technically speaking, they are even different from regular hacking considering how they were born in the first place. Still, it doesn't make much of a difference in the end.

Comment

• Who the fuck cares?
                            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              Still, it doesn't make much of a difference in the end.
                              And that's exactly why it's a nonsensical debate about a word that means everything and nothing at the same time. I modify my car, it's a mod. I modify a game, it's a mod.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Who the fuck cares?
                              Apparently people who can't help it but ask other people to stop saying it's a mod.
                              Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                                And that's exactly why it's a nonsensical debate about a word that means everything and nothing at the same time. I modify my car, it's a mod. I modify a game, it's a mod.
                                That one should be called "tuning". ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X