Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Now considered a Classic!**)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have this PS1 box image right in front of me. I've tried multiple times to take a picture of it but my camera just won't focus on it.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • I have that PSone box (and many others, as well).

      I scanned the Bio15 image for BioFlames, way back in 2005 (download)
      I'm a blackstar.

      Comment


      • era 4 shotgun animation....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Darkness View Post
          era 4 shotgun animation....
          based on what? I am not so fluent with shotgun animation trough different eras. got comparing stuff?
          ja i am made of dur butter and you are worth 2k monies

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Marvin View Post
            based on what? I am not so fluent with shotgun animation trough different eras. got comparing stuff?
            Not really. lol.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              You're one of those that will probably be the most disappointed.
              In no way do I think that RE 1.5 will be a better game then retail ver. I do think that had it been completed it would have been a very awesome addition to the RE universe, but still no way better then what we got. But we will never know that because it was never completed, and they just as well could have kept going just as long as they did when scrapping it and starting over, who knows, it could have been a far superior game then what we got? I love RE 2, I grew up playing it, then I played RE 1, and they are both pretty much my favorites of the series. I think a lot of people on this board can agree with me on that. I think it's because we love RE 2 so much that we are going to love RE 1.5 so much. It's why so many of us are so fascinated with it. Most of us don't expect to be blown away by this "prototype," this unfinished and unpolished product. We just want to remember that feeling we got from playing the old games yet, at the same time have something new to experience. That's what I feel I will get from this release, if it ever sees the light of day. I'm not expecting to be totally amazed, I just would like to see what the game could have been, for better or for worse. And in that respect, I don't think I, nor anyone else who might feel the same, will every be disappointed in finally playing this prototype of what later became a masterpiece.

              I haven't been on here long, but I do have a lot of respect for you, you really seem to know you're stuff in regards to Resident Evil and many other Capcom products. But I can't much help feeling that there is something you just don't like about RE 1.5, and I don't quite understand why. I figured that if you spend as much time as you do on this forum, you MUST have a deep interest in the release of RE 1.5, am I right? If that is true, why does it always seem like you are always so pessimistic towards it, or towards people who genuinely have a great deal of interest in it? I just would like to understand.
              Last edited by jomino; 01-30-2013, 11:32 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Marvin View Post
                based on what? I am not so fluent with shotgun animation trough different eras. got comparing stuff?
                It only affects the walking animation, iirc. PSM build had the characters carrying the shotgun two-handed while walking. They later changed it to the characters holding it one-handed to their side. Just search for that 1.5 footage compilation on YT and fast-forward to Elza killing zombies in the lobby office with a shotgun.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jomino View Post
                  I haven't been on here long, but I do have a lot of respect for you, you really seem to know you're stuff in regards to Resident Evil and many other Capcom products. But I can't much help feeling that there is something you just don't like about RE 1.5, and I don't quite understand why. I figured that if you spend as much time as you do on this forum, you MUST have a deep interest in the release of RE 1.5, am I right? If that is true, why does it always seem like you are always so pessimistic towards it, or towards people who genuinely have a great deal of interest in it? I just would like to understand.
                  Mostly because he considers opinions as a fact, especially when it comes from the devs who made the game. I don't agree with that kind of reasoning, ultimately it's up to the consumer to decide if a product is good or not. If you listened to Mikami you'd have to consider BH2 a bad game. What's the point?

                  Personally I don't care if it's good or bad, especially since it's an unfinished product. 15 years later, it's not important. What matters is that it will be a different experience than retail, and the last chance to play a "new" old school biohazard game.

                  And honestly, we already have so much material that it's not hard to see what's good and bad about that game. Getting to play a version of the game won't drastically change our opinion.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jomino View Post
                    I haven't been on here long, but I do have a lot of respect for you, you really seem to know you're stuff in regards to Resident Evil and many other Capcom products. But I can't much help feeling that there is something you just don't like about RE 1.5, and I don't quite understand why. I figured that if you spend as much time as you do on this forum, you MUST have a deep interest in the release of RE 1.5, am I right? If that is true, why does it always seem like you are always so pessimistic towards it, or towards people who genuinely have a great deal of interest in it? I just would like to understand.
                    I think you've misunderstood, I don't dislike the game. I'm rather indifferent. However, I acknowledge that it was scrapped because it was ultimately inferior, rather than delude myself into thinking its some sort of lost diamond of greatness CAPCOM made a grave mistake in scrapping.

                    Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    Mostly because he considers opinions as a fact, especially when it comes from the devs who made the game. I don't agree with that kind of reasoning, ultimately it's up to the consumer to decide if a product is good or not. If you listened to Mikami you'd have to consider BH2 a bad game. What's the point?

                    Personally I don't care if it's good or bad, especially since it's an unfinished product. 15 years later, it's not important. What matters is that it will be a different experience than retail, and the last chance to play a "new" old school biohazard game.

                    And honestly, we already have so much material that it's not hard to see what's good and bad about that game. Getting to play a version of the game won't drastically change our opinion.
                    I don't consider opinions as fact. I'm quite strict on that. Nor do I ever say the devs are 100% correct in their summations of the game and should be taken as wholly true--- only that they be considered rather than ignored or accused of lying. Also, Mikami did not call BH2 a "bad game", he said he didn't like the style of horror. Please try not to misconstrue something in an attempt to prove a point.

                    If you don't care whether it's good or bad, you should stop trying to defend it. You're completely correct that it isn't important.

                    And "material" matters extremely little when it comes to video games. For example, you can look at the grenades in a trailer and think "wow awesome!" yet be completely oblivious to the fact that they probably felt like shit to use, which is ultimately the biggest reason why things get turned away: they're bad/aren't as good as they could be or for other reasons like breaking the flow of the game, going against the intended design, etc.


                    Personally I'll enjoy playing it, quite a bit in fact, but as good as the game might be, it won't be as great as the actual end product. That is, after all, why we didn't actually get it.
                    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

                    Comment


                    • RE 1.5 seemed to have a lot of cool features, soundtrack and environments but I tend to learn toward NewsBots view that RE2 is the vastly superior and ultimately 'better' game.

                      I recently played through RE2 and it really is an incredible game. That's not to say I'm not excited for 1.5 to land though
                      Last edited by LongTimeLurker; 01-30-2013, 03:41 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        If you don't care whether it's good or bad, you should stop trying to defend it. You're completely correct that it isn't important.
                        First, to be able to stop defending it, it would be a good thing to start defending it. And I haven't "defended" that game in any way. I keep repeating that my pleasure will mostly come from the nostalgic factor of playing a game I couldn't play back in 1997. I said multiple time that I understood why it was scrapped. Just look at the backgrounds.

                        So don't come at me with a "misconstrue something in an attempt to prove a point" when you're doing the exact same thing...

                        Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                        Personally I'll enjoy playing it, quite a bit in fact, but as good as the game might be, it won't be as great as the actual end product. That is, after all, why we didn't actually get it.
                        Nobody said the contrary, and it's the first time I read you say this. Usually, you just only quote the devs to show that the game is "bad". Hell, you even tell other people they are going to be disappointed. It's a bit pretentious.

                        Point is, we'll never be able to judge the final result of what would that game be as a retail product, so arguing about that is pointless. The fun we'll have with that game will mostly depend on how the team balances it. (you were the one criticizing the balance of an unfinished and not yet balanced game...)

                        But one thing I am sure of, it not being as good as RE2 doesn't necessarily make it "shit", especially when that statement comes from Kamiya who is well known for his funny temper.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                          First, to be able to stop defending it, it would be a good thing to start defending it. And I haven't "defended" that game in any way. I keep repeating that my pleasure will mostly come from the nostalgic factor of playing a game I couldn't play back in 1997. I said multiple time that I understood why it was scrapped. Just look at the backgrounds.

                          So don't come at me with a "misconstrue something in an attempt to prove a point" when you're doing the exact same thing...

                          Nobody said the contrary, and it's the first time I read you say this. Usually, you just only quote the devs to show that the game is "bad". Hell, you even tell other people they are going to be disappointed. It's a bit pretentious.

                          Point is, we'll never be able to judge the final result of what would that game be as a retail product, so arguing about that is pointless. The fun we'll have with that game will mostly depend on how the team balances it. (you were the one criticizing the balance of an unfinished and not yet balanced game...)

                          But one thing I am sure of, it not being as good as RE2 doesn't necessarily make it "shit", especially when that statement comes from Kamiya who is well known for his funny temper.
                          If you're not defending it why are you almost always on my case about it when I don't shower it with everlasting praise?

                          And yes, you absolutely misconstrued and outright misquoted what Mikami said.

                          I quote the devs just to show that even the people who worked on the game every inch of its life found it not good enough to release. Not as some sort of definite "see told you it was bad!". Probably best not so make assumptions. Nobody is judging it as a retail product. They're judging it as an incomplete game, and in that stage, it was scrapped because it was regarded as being bad. That's just a fact, otherwise we'd have the silly thing.

                          Kamiya isn't the only one who worked on it that actually called it "shit." It's not so much to do with temper as it is with them simply finding it not good. Which is pretty commendable and plain to see just by looking at "material" of it.

                          Also... Darkness, who I initially replied to, did say the contrary:

                          Disreguard those saying it won't be as good as RE2
                          Again, implying it'll be just as good as BH2. Which it won't. Otherwise it would've been released.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

                          Comment


                          • I'm eager to get the nostalgia factor like Rick Hunter mentioned, but I really want to be able to experience the unique environment and world of 1.5
                            It really seemed to be more spooky, in a sort of B-movie esque way, which I find to be totally cool in it's modern exposition of horror...
                            The lighting seemed great, and just the synergy provided by the environments with the lighting was just so cool in a spooky, more horror-like way. Furthermore, just the outstanding, overwhelming craziness and creepiness of the bosses seemed worth the fear. I mean, a HUGE Gore-ish GORILLA! HOLY CRAP! The creativity and innovation of it, and just the fact that the environments were modernly worked seemed so damn cool... the Shooting Range was just fascinating. And the music really worked with it, just a very ambient, lonely, spooky soundtrack that amplified the feelings the environment inspired. Some of the elements didn't stick too well, both within the game and in the music, but it overall seemed great. Maybe not as well composed, well tied in, or with such a good story (probably not as significant) as RE2, but for the experience it provided, it put forth a lot of positive change and a much more unique, and much more powerful, engaged, better (I can't find a way to put what I'd expect from my interpretation of what I've been exposed to) gameplay experience. One of the things I don't like about it is how much more small and simple it felt than 2. Like there wasn't so much of a cool, big world to see and explore like 2. 2 seemed bigger.
                            Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            Again, implying it'll be just as good as BH2. Which it won't. Otherwise it would've been released.
                            There are many reasons why they couldn't have been happy with it, and just because it may not have been what they wanted or something they were happy with, does not necessarily make it worse that 2, nor does it make it better than 2.
                            It just means, it wasn't what they wanted (my interpretation as opinions such as a game being, "better", tend to be), and from the significant differences between 2 and 1.5, it makes them hard to compare at their core, the experience they provided and their style. In my opinion, they wanted to stick with a style they felt comfortable with, that people loved, and they could build on and improve to impress people. Looking on RE 2, that's what it just seemed like. An expanded 1 with more flair. Furthermore, I believe other supporting reason to this edit that they may have just bundled with the reset include planned obsolecence so they could spread out the innovations included, and to work in the story to do some more milking.
                            Last edited by Leonardos5; 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM.
                            "I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent!"
                            PSN Gamercards

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              If you're not defending it why are you almost always on my case about it when I don't shower it with everlasting praise?
                              Because my good sir, I'd like you to play the game and have your own opinion about it, instead of acting like a parrot

                              Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              And yes, you absolutely misconstrued and outright misquoted what Mikami said.
                              Not really. Had he been switched with Kamiya, we might have had a "shit" instead. You just can't outright criticize your colleague's work.

                              Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              I quote the devs just to show that even the people who worked on the game every inch of its life found it not good enough to release. Not as some sort of definite "see told you it was bad!". Probably best not so make assumptions.
                              Easy to say that. If it was that bad, it means they weren't doing their job correctly. THEY are to blame if the game isn't good. It's no one else's fault. And we're talking about Japanese employees here. You stay in line and adhere to your company's official line of conduct. I can hardly see them going against Kamiya and Capcom's top management by saying they are proud of what they did and blame Capcom for scrapping it. They most certainly were devastated by that decision when it was taken. There's nothing worse for a dev to spend months on something that end up being scrapped.

                              Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Nobody is judging it as a retail product. They're judging it as an incomplete game, and in that stage, it was scrapped because it was regarded as being bad. That's just a fact, otherwise we'd have the silly thing.
                              What about the absolute shitty games they ended up releasing? They didn't cancel them because they were "good"? I'm not sure Dino Crisis 3, Gun Survivor 2 and a few other crap they made were better than what RE1.5 would have been. I'm pretty sure one of the reason it was scrapped is because it was a patchwork of excellent and horrible design. The beginning of the game looks like RE1 barebone and empty, whereas the end of the game is RE2 quality with very detailed backgrounds. It's half-assed in terms of design and continuity. So as you progress and you discover new flaws, ultimately you have to decide if you keep working on your frankenstein or start from scratch. They made their decision.

                              Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Again, implying it'll be just as good as BH2. Which it won't. Otherwise it would've been released.
                              Well, says who? I hear a lot of people saying that RE3 and 0 are crap, and the same people say Code:vero and RE4 are masterpiece. Well, I love 0 and 3, and I absolutely hate code:vero and 4. So I wouldn't be surprised if some people prefer 1.5 for various reasons, could it be nostalgia, a different and more realistic design, fanboyism, etc...

                              Ultimately it's like those pointless debates about what terms we should use to describe the mod. Darkness wants to love the game, and may love it? Well, good! You don't really need to come telling him he's gonna be disappointed and then start again with the whole "the devs said this and that and it's a fact it was scrapped" blah blah blah... who the fuck cares at the end of the day. We're here to enjoy it (or not) and talk about it, that's all.
                              Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-30-2013, 04:59 PM.

                              Comment


                              • it all just comes down to the old saying

                                To each there own.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X