Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah I think when they say back to roots they mean more horror less action , though I would love another resident evil with tank controls , hence why Id love to play 1.5 one day.

Comment

• I'm sure you're right with the "more horror, less action" approach. Thats probably exactly what they'd do, but i still can't help but hope for pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls. they made it so much scarier.

Comment

• The only issue with the old system is if you add up enemies that shoot at you off camera.

Comment

• You guys have no idea what goes on behind the scenes when collecting unreleased games. Heck, I only know part of it, and Im into it. Agreements are made, deals are struck, and respect and trust is one of the most valuable assets. If something isn't included in the sale, then there is a reason for it. There is no reason for the Curator to explain what they do, or why they do it. Take it for what it's worth, and nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borman View Post
            You guys have no idea what goes on behind the scenes when collecting unreleased games. Heck, I only know part of it, and Im into it. Agreements are made, deals are struck, and respect and trust is one of the most valuable assets. If something isn't included in the sale, then there is a reason for it. There is no reason for the Curator to explain what they do, or why they do it. Take it for what it's worth, and nothing more.
            seeing all the insane 1.5 history, i believe the team is breaking rules in showing some new images, songs, gameplay and in the best of luck, possibly releasing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borman View Post
              You guys have no idea what goes on behind the scenes when collecting unreleased games. Heck, I only know part of it, and Im into it. Agreements are made, deals are struck, and respect and trust is one of the most valuable assets. If something isn't included in the sale, then there is a reason for it. There is no reason for the Curator to explain what they do, or why they do it. Take it for what it's worth, and nothing more.
              It's really sad that you should have to explain this to people. xD
              sigpic

Comment

• If you're talking about illegal products which shouldn't be discussed or seen by uninvolved parties or individuals i would've understand that, but many unreleased game was released to the public in the last few years, especially that famous $2,000 fundraiser which was formed to release resident evil game boy's prototype, and what capcom did about it...nothing ! so tell me what makes RE1.5 so different that makes it nearly impossible to be released to the public ? while capcom clearly doesn't give a shit whether it was released to the public or not !

Comment

• Oh. You'd be amazed by how much certain companies sometimes care about the most insignficant and insane of things. Reason you never "hear about it" is because most of the time, you're not the one who has to clean up the mess and deal with the aftermath ;D

Also, there was more to that RE GBC release than just someone asking for $2000.

Comment

• What mess can an unreleased 15 year old game cause if it get released nowadays anyway ? two years ago 6,000 copies of MW3 worth around 400,000 Euros was stolen from a delivery truck by two masked guys in France, now that's what i call a huge mess !

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                      Oh. You'd be amazed by how much certain companies sometimes care about the most insignficant and insane of things. Reason you never "hear about it" is because most of the time, you're not the one who has to clean up the mess and deal with the aftermath ;D

Also, there was more to that RE GBC release than just someone asking for $2000.
                      '
                      was there more to it ? Like what ? I'm not being rude I just don't know, or is this one of those only a few know kinda things ?

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                        What mess can an unreleased 15 year old game cause if it get released nowadays anyway ? two years ago 6,000 copies of MW3 worth around 400,000 Euros was stolen from a delivery truck by two masked guys in France, now that's what i call a huge mess !
                        One is comparable to someone stealing your wallet randomly on the street. While you don't know who took it, it was only your wallet that went missing. A fairly controlled and contained situation.
                        The other is roughly comparable to something suddenly going missing from your home, you don't know how, you don't know when, you don't know by whom, and you're not sure what else might also be or when other stuff might also go missing. Now that's a complete mess and the reality of the situation whenever certain types of leaks occurs. Regardless of it being something "old" or "new".
                        Last edited by Carnivol; 02-02-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• ITT: Stupid analogies.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                          BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

One is comparable to someone stealing your wallet randomly on the street. While you don't know who took it, it was only your wallet that went missing. A fairly controlled and contained situation.
                            The other is roughly comparable to something suddenly going missing from your home, you don't know how, you don't know when, you don't know by whom, and you're not sure what else might also be or when other stuff might also go missing. Now that's a complete mess and the reality of the situation whenever certain types of leaks occurs. Regardless of it being something "old" or "new".
                            I simply compare RE1.5 to someone who took some stuff from a trash bag and then walked away LOL !
                            Edit: we're talking about video games companies here, you don't wanna get caught while snooping around with some secret government facility !
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-02-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                              ITT: Stupid analogies.
                              Geeze. What flavor of rainbow crawled up your butt then? Either way, gotta spend our time doing something whilst waiting to see how people can cock up something next, so might as well try out a few alternate flavors of communication to see what makes people understand, without having to write walls upon walls of text explaining how a build making, tracking, distribution, collection, elimination/shredding process works and why it's actually a pretty big deal for a company if something, even from the fault and not the masting lab, suddenly goes pops up online. So have some more; it'd be like a gold bar labeled Fort Knox suddenly popped up in the middle of Time Square. A dude with a bomb strapped to himself casually walking in and hanging around the oval office. A drunk guy with an industry sized flame thrower boarding a commercial airliner.

I've got a bit of a fetish for pedagogy (That's a foot fetish joke. Get it?)

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                              I simply compare RE1.5 to someone who took some stuff from a trash bag and then walked away LOL !
                              While that's sometimes the case, it rarely is. And if that was the case, it's still a good cause for alarm.

EDIT:
                              Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                              Edit: we're talking about video games companies here, you don't wanna get caught while snooping around with some secret government facility !
                              We're talking about large corporations/companies, employing up to several thousands of employees on an international basis, producing titles and material in a competitive market where things can be rough and unpredictable and you want to keep your secrets to yourself until you dee it economically viable and reasonable to present something to the open market. Suddenly noticing you "might" have an internal leak isn't exactly a cool situation to be in. The right course of action is setting up a task force to do a full review of the entire situation, any potentially involved/affected staff or department, prepare the legal team (or an external law firm) about the situation and do a meeting what they believe is the right course of action depending on the severity of the situation, possibly temporarily going into a lockdown or halting production on various things whilst waiting for the situation to resolve, etc..
                              Last edited by Carnivol; 02-02-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Geeze. What flavor of rainbow crawled up your butt then? Either way, gotta spend our time doing something whilst waiting to see how people can cock up something next, so might as well try out a few alternate flavors of communication to see what makes people understand, without having to write walls upon walls of text explaining how a build making, tracking, distribution, collection, elimination/shredding process works and why it's actually a pretty big deal for a company if something, even from the fault and not the masting lab, suddenly goes pops up online. So have some more; it'd be like a gold bar labeled Fort Knox suddenly popped up in the middle of Time Square. A dude with a bomb strapped to himself casually walking in and hanging around the oval office. A drunk guy with an industry sized flame thrower boarding a commercial airliner.

I've got a bit of a fetish for pedagogy (That's a foot fetish joke. Get it?)
                                I'll keep this simple. You don't have a corporate mind. You lack the mindset. So I'll be pedagogic with you.

At the end of the day, a corporation gives more of a shit out of the profit it loses from 400.000 € being stolen than a 15 year beta released that only interests about a thousand fans. The markup of these situations is not comparable for a behemoth like Capcom. Furthermore, the leak is unlikely to occur from staff or contacts that are still working at/with Capcom, so there's squat they can do about it.

Hence, stupid analogies.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                                BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Working...
                                X