Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal attacks do nothing but anger Jon.

Personally, I disagree with News Bot (and others) opinions so far. It's not better than RE2, but it's not afestering pile of shit either. It's too broken and buggy to know for sure, but I like the 1.5 RPD. I like the Umbrella factory too. With so many missing rooms (and missing bosses, story, puzzles, items and maybe even enemies) it's impossible to say whether 1.5 was better. What I will say is that I certainly like elements of the game better.

What I really, really wanna do is combine elements from 2, 3 and 1.5 into a full Raccoon City survival game...where's Dominion gone? I've got room to keep him in my basement, like Enrico.

Oh, and no personal attacks just because someone else has a different opinion.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
    this is getting sad. none of us post what we think here anymore. this was never a contest. but even then, you people cant let it die. more RE content= we all win. so what if someone does not like this or that? you are even hunting on other boards for dirt. fucking bottom-feeders.

alot of people here get offended in a way that you are part of the 1.5 team, but i doubt they are as sensitive as you all.

im gonna go make some more cool stuff for the classic resident evil series instead of riding some other teams dick.

i don't like talking like that, but that is exactly what alot of you are doing. its pathetic to get a power-trip or whatever from criticizing what other people think.
    I don't like people attacking other projects that have seen a lot of work out of what I can only assume is jealousy. I will agree - people need to stop talking shit about Team 96 and what they can do. We don't know what experience the Team has, nor what tools they have, and it's unfair to compare the two. Team 96 is doing what it can.

Equally, DXP especially needs to stop being an ass. I've seen a whole lot of negative comments from him about anything that he doesn't have a link to. They put in a lot of bullshit about how badly faked this was. As someone whose actually studied 1.5 - a lot - it's incredibly obvious that this is 1.5, with mods. Yes, this build is glitchy and broken - but not much more so than the Curator's version. You guys have seen 15 minutes of edited footage. Trust me when I say that build has most of the problems this one does.

I have my suspicions about why there's so much bad blood over this release - and I suspect it has a lot more to do with it being released than the Team's additions - but honestly, at this point, I want to see DXP put his money where his mouth is. I want to see him either edit the build we've got in some of the ways we know the Team has (such as additional rooms, bug fixes, and the like) or literally put the cash up to get a copy of the ISO so he can do his own project. From scratch.

But he, and others, are not being critical about how to fix things - just nasty. It looks a lot like jealousy from outside. And when you're a dick to a team that has devoted time, money and even screwed themselves over to stop someone scamming the community, you need to expect some flak.
    Last edited by Darkmoon; 02-24-2013, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Personal attacks do nothing but anger Jon.

Personally, I disagree with News Bot (and others) opinions so far. It's not better than RE2, but it's not afestering pile of shit either. It's too broken and buggy to know for sure, but I like the 1.5 RPD. I like the Umbrella factory too. With so many missing rooms (and missing bosses, story, puzzles, items and maybe even enemies) it's impossible to say whether 1.5 was better. What I will say is that I certainly like elements of the game better.

What I really, really wanna do is combine elements from 2, 3 and 1.5 into a full Raccoon City survival game...where's Dominion gone? I've got room to keep him in my basement, like Enrico.

Oh, and no personal attacks just because someone else has a different opinion.

I don't like people attacking other projects that have seen a lot of work out of what I can only assume is jealousy. I will agree - people need to stop talking shit about Team 96 and what they can do. We don't know what experience the Team has, nor what tools they have, and it's unfair to compare the two. Team 96 is doing what it can.

Equally, DXP especially needs to stop being an ass. I've seen a whole lot of negative comments from him about anything that he doesn't have a link to. They put in a lot of bullshit about how badly faked this was. As someone whose actually studied 1.5 - a lot - it's incredibly obvious that this is 1.5, with mods. Yes, this build is glitchy and broken - but not much more so than the Curator's version. You guys have seen 15 minutes of edited footage. Trust me when I say that build has most of the problems this one does.

I have my suspicions about why there's so much bad blood over this release - and I suspect it has a lot more to do with it being released than the Team's additions - but honestly, at this point, I want to see DXP put his money where his mouth is. I want to see him either edit the build we've got in some of the ways we know the Team has (such as additional rooms, bug fixes, and the like) or literally put the cash up to get a copy of the ISO so he can do his own project. From scratch.

But he, and others, are not being critical about how to fix things - just nasty. It looks a lot like jealousy from outside. And when you're a dick to a team that has devoted time, money and even screwed themselves over to stop someone scamming the community, you need to expect some flak.
      Despite the reasons for criticism as were all entitled to opinions of our own, think we can all agree that we should just push forward and move on from the DXP/123 mod forum saga, the topic just brings up hatred past the guy onto his work and the rest of Team 96 which isn't fair.

On the 1.5 note, though I agree, we can't really compare 1.5 to retail in the state the 40% is in, 80% (or 60?) would be the best way to compare, seeing helluva lot of changes were done between the builds. Don't get me wrong I will always love retail, but there was something about 1.5's setting that brought me in, it wasn't Birkin, it wasn't the animations, it wasn't the zombies, it was just the setting, felt more "right at home" as you could picture your own local Police Department.
      Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• is it better to say "THIS IS GOOD!!! I LIKE IT!!! or say "THIS IS BS!!!" and actually explain yourself, no matter how asinine it may sound?

i share some concerns with DXP, like them making humorous references through-out the game. he does have valid points, you just have to dig through how he says it.

and im glad people who hate the 123 boards are leeching them for info, but bringing what people say over there back here. that is digging for dirt.

Comment

• Im enjoying the hell out of 1.5 And for me who has played retail over 50 times in my life time I still would of rather had 1.5 , you can say im blinded but im not , I still love retail , but I love everything about 1.5 I love the fact that 1.5 gives off that re1 vibe in it's graphics , we each have our own opinion and if you cant except that some people actually see what potential 1.5 had then your an idiot. there are some great things from 1.5 that should of been carried over to retail.
          Just pisses me off when people wont respect other peoples opinions , they feel the need to prove them wrong when really there is no need to. We all know retail is a fantastic game , But in ( my opinion ) 1.5 could of been a great game as well and now hopefully the team will give us a great 1.5 experience.
          but there really is no need for such arguments and insults just except we all think different and each have different opinions, it's not that hard.
          Last edited by chrisliam2; 02-24-2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• If I remember correctly there's only one month separating the "40%" and "65/80%" build, right? Things changed a lot between these two builds. Imagine Capcom working another 1 or 2 months on the current final build before release, a lot could have changed and the game could have been much more polished.

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
              Ho-lord. Hypocrisy much? I've said my part. I don't even care to discuss this, really.
              I said that comment wasn't geared towards you.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                If I remember correctly there's only one month separating the "40%" and "65/80%" build, right? Things changed a lot between these two builds. Imagine Capcom working another 1 or 2 months on the current final build before release, a lot could have changed and the game could have been much more polished.
                No idea how many could have been thrown together, the 40% varies from October 96 on wards, then to think how many "80%" was messed around before it halted in Feb 97. Some builds could even hold the smallest amount of changes and still be a different month.
                Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Kamiya is/was right, what make a game boring?

Repetitiveness.

All the areas of the first game have their unique "themes", there are no areas with the same design, they, in the end, did this to Resident Evil 2 too.
                  The TEAM work is to reproduce RE1.5 to what it was meant to be, including this "feature" of having areas that looks very similar each other and pretty much bare in furniture/content, and this could be bad, just look at the sewers...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
                    Despite the reasons for criticism as were all entitled to opinions of our own, think we can all agree that we should just push forward and move on from the DXP/123 mod forum saga, the topic just brings up hatred past the guy onto his work and the rest of Team 96 which isn't fair.

On the 1.5 note, though I agree, we can't really compare 1.5 to retail in the state the 40% is in, 80% (or 60?) would be the best way to compare, seeing helluva lot of changes were done between the builds. Don't get me wrong I will always love retail, but there was something about 1.5's setting that brought me in, it wasn't Birkin, it wasn't the animations, it wasn't the zombies, it was just the setting, felt more "right at home" as you could picture your own local Police Department.
                    No, we deffintely need to remember that DXP is not Team 96. I would, however, love to see what he can do with this. I keep saying that, but it is true.
                    Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                    is it better to say "THIS IS GOOD!!! I LIKE IT!!! or say "THIS IS BS!!!" and actually explain yourself, no matter how asinine it may sound?

i share some concerns with DXP, like them making humorous references through-out the game. he does have valid points, you just have to dig through how he says it.

and im glad people who hate the 123 boards are leeching them for info, but bringing what people say over there back here. that is digging for dirt.
                    I agree that the humorous references may be over the top. So long as there are only 2 or 3 in the game, though, I have no great issue with them. They're in 'rebuilt' areas, not pasted over proper 1.5 stuff. So long as they don't throw in too many (or make them too noticeable, at least - let's face it, Capcom loves throwing them in too such as the giant woman in the sky or Jill's naked groin) or alter a 1.5 area to add them, it's gravy.

And I went to the 1-2-3 forums because of a comment by Enrico, the owner. He lives in my back room. So long as I own his ass, I guess you could say I own the 1-2-3 forums too...

Bwahaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      No, we deffintely need to remember that DXP is not Team 96. I would, however, love to see what he can do with this. I keep saying that, but it is true.

I agree that the humorous references may be over the top. So long as there are only 2 or 3 in the game, though, I have no great issue with them. They're in 'rebuilt' areas, not pasted over proper 1.5 stuff. So long as they don't throw in too many (or make them too noticeable, at least - let's face it, Capcom loves throwing them in too such as the giant woman in the sky or Jill's naked groin) or alter a 1.5 area to add them, it's gravy.

And I went to the 1-2-3 forums because of a comment by Enrico, the owner. He lives in my back room. So long as I own his ass, I guess you could say I own the 1-2-3 forums too...

Bwahaha.
                      Don't you think there's more ?
                      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                      ^ Lol ...

Comment

• How would I know? I've only seen the two Claire ones (her name on a Kennel and the missing person poster) but there may be more. Personally, I'd prefer there not to be, or at least not be as obvious (a lot of Cacpom's are too small to read until you mess with things in an editor) but my voice is as much a fart in the wind on this as everyone else's, albeit a much larger fart.

Comment

• I don't give a shit about a few Easter eggs and funny pics here and there I just want to play it and enjoy it , and I know for 100% if it does come out I will enjoy it , every second of it !
                          the kennel names made me laugh I like their little touches of humor.

Comment

• does anyone know if the dogs name wasn't really claire?

Comment

• To go along with the Claire missing poster, i'd like to see a zombie 'super' Claire somewhere in the game that can be killed for a special key or special weapon or something along those lines, like Brad.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus Flux View Post
                                To go along with the Claire missing poster, i'd like to see a zombie 'super' Claire somewhere in the game that can be killed for a special key or special weapon or something along those lines, like Brad.
                                awww poor Claire lol would be cool though , but I dont know how I would feel killing one my fave RE characters , I wish Elza and claire were friends in the story.

Comment

Working...
                                X