Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
    here you can find many others too:

http://remer.bplaced.com/remer_files/res_index.php
    Grande! =)
    ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
      3D realms did the same when they released "lameduke", an early version of Duke Nukem 3d. It was very interesting, completely different from the final game. But I can't see a japanese company doing something like that, they are far too detached from their communities. Only "small" devs would do something like that nowadays I think.
      Part of the problem with an approach like that is that the game was developed for a Sony platform and not a defunct platform or open platform.
      Last edited by Carnivol; 08-01-2012, 06:24 AM. Reason: BOSS

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
        Meh, everyone has their own opinions end of the day ;) just like people still whinge about RE5 compared to RE1, the games direction has changed for so long now comparing the two or even 6 is crap. But as I said, own opinions.

The backgrounds are real, it's no way near any custom made I have ever seen. It's defiantly not a mod.
        http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
        Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
          Hey, survivor was cool. It had terrible voice-acting. But it was very enjoyable.
          This. It was a pretty good lightgun shooter game (on the Euro and Jap version), it was an arcade shooter Resident Evil, and even if it weren't (as in US version) it STILL is a good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
            Part of the problem with an approach like that is that the game was developed for a Sony platform and not a defunct platform or open platform.
            But the same happened with Thrill Kill, am I right? Again, I think cultural differences create a barrier in this kind of case. And nowadays it wouldn't happen either with important developers, their editors wouldn't let it happen.

Comment

But the same happened with Thrill Kill, am I right? Again, I think cultural differences create a barrier in this kind of case. And nowadays it wouldn't happen either with important developers, their editors wouldn't let it happen.
              That was NOT done by the devs themselves. The copies in circulation is a mixture of review copies sent to magazines and the innitial print run that was recalled before hitting the shelves.

Comment

Invalid argument, you can always make a sequel. As I said, it would barely have changed anything for the future episodes. BH3, CV, 4 and 5 could have been exactly the same games with just some minor changes.
                Look, if you wanna start another stupid discussion. Go do it with another guy.
                The producers said that this was one of the reasons of why they scrapped it.

Comment

Look, if you wanna start another stupid discussion. Go do it with another guy.
                  The producers said that this was one of the reasons of why they scrapped it.
                  Actually they didn't. They said that 1.5 would have pretty much been the end, but not that this was a reason they scrapped it. They scrapped the story because it sucked. The decision to make the series so big came after it was already scrapped.
                  PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Goddamit alinhoalisson stop fighting with everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                      Goddamit alinhoalisson stop fighting with everyone!
                      Fighting with everyone?
                      Rick Hunter have been fighting with me even before I made this reply.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                      Actually they didn't. They said that 1.5 would have pretty much been the end, but not that this was a reason they scrapped it. They scrapped the story because it sucked. The decision to make the series so big came after it was already scrapped.
                      I think I pretty much read in one interview that one of the reasons was because they felt that the game was too conclusive and would not make the players expect a RE3. They said a lot of things, a lot of reasons to scrap it.

As I said before, "In my own opinion".
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Rick Hunter have been fighting with me even before I made this reply.
                        Hm? Who are you?

Just tellin' you that you are wrong. Common sense and a bit of logic makes me think that in the long run it wouldn't have changed anything and the other games would have been similar, no matter what the devs said.

RE3: Wouldn't have been very different, Jill escaping the city.
                        CV: Could have been a problem, but replace Claire by Elza who could still be related to Chris in some way, and it works.
                        RE4: Nearly identical, Umbrella was already dealt with.
                        RE5: Same here, could have been identical.

it goes on.
                        Last edited by Rick Hunter; 08-01-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Hm? Who are you?

Just tellin' you that you are wrong. Common sense and a bit of logic makes me think that in the long run it wouldn't have changed anything and the other games would have been similar, no matter what the devs said.

CV: Could have been a problem, but replace Claire by Elza who could still be related to Chris in some way, and it works.

it goes on.
                          There's only one problem with your little theory:
                          If the producers were right and the players didn't felt like playing RE3. Then there would be no more sequels.
                          That's what I meant.

Comment

• The most common reasons I've seens devs state over the years for 1.5 being scrapped was that it wasn't scary enough and that it closed off open directions they could take the series in, ending possibilities too soon when the success of RE1 during 1.5 development made them decide this was going to be a long term series instead.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Hm? Who are you?

it goes on.
                              How do you know Jill would even be in Raccoon city looking for Chris? Is there any evidence to suggest that STARS and Chris had a large presence in the RPD during the 1.5 universe? If authorities listened to the STARS members and prosecuted Umbrella, how do we know Jill and Chris weren't sharing a nice relaxing holiday on a cruse ship in the Bahamas?

Comment

• We don't know what happened to S.T.A.R.S - only that the members that survived in the retail survived in this, and were smart enough to bring evidence back from the Mansion. There's no reason to think they weren't in the City, but no reason to think they were.

From what has been seen there's no S.T.A.R.S office in 1.5 - but the entire second floor of the RPD is pretty much a mystery at this point. Even Inflames' had almost no shots from there.

As it stands, 1.5 wouldn't have changed the series much unless it's a significantly inferior game - which is not something we can really determine. We don't know much about the story beyond Umbrella is on the way out, but given the labs are almost unchanged and many characters seem to be the same I can't imagine it's as huge as some people make out. We do know there's more character interaction with the NPC's and apparently two separate story paths (although probably not the A/B modes) and such.

I suspect the main changes will be to the Birkin family, given that it seems Annette can make it out of the city alive. I also suspect the T-Virus and a cure will be more prominent, since the G-Virus doesn't seem as big a deal. It's also unclear how Birkin becomes infected and how it spreads to the labs, given that it seems the T-Virus came from outside the city due to surviving monster's from the Mansion.
                                Last edited by Darkmoon; 08-01-2012, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X