Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The second Rick Hunter was also the first Rick Hunter. There was a small problem with his account, but it's fixed now. Don't worry, I ban Alt Crows on sight...so let's not encourage him to make more. He seems to have decided to be mature about all this, and I don't want to change his mind.

Comment

• By the way, thanks to you and Carn to have fixed this little issue!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter 2 View Post
        Thanks for the elaborated answer. There's a lot of material for a future documentary!
        Biohazard_star basically nailed it.

In the most general sense, the green areas comprise the old Sewer while the grey/brown areas comprise the new Sewer. This new Sewer is what we have a map of, and every Inflames-exclusive image fits into it except for one (as do the other Era-4/5 Sewer areas shown in public media, with the curious exception of Elza's infamous spider corridor).

Some rooms in the new Sewer (the early version of the autonomous flood corridor, the baby alligator tank, and the control deck of the boss alligator tank and the tank itself) were altered by the time Era-5 rolled around as well; some of these changes have been reflected in the map (the newer control deck and tank), and others have not (the newer baby alligator tank).

This is a running theory of the new Sewer's final layout:

And here are some key rooms that are not available in the PSM build:

2 - Break Room (ROOM201)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard038.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	402764Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard042.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	402765

5 - East Tank Control Deck (ROOM208)
        (an older unplayable version featuring stairs and a door rather than a hallway and ladder is present in the PSM build)

Name:	biohazard047.JPG
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	402766Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard109.JPG
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	402773

6&11 - West Tank (ROOM205?)

Name:	biohazard102.JPG
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	402767

9 - Pump / Machine Room (ROOM204?)

Name:	biohazard106.JPG
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	402768Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard112.JPG
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	402769Click image for larger version

Name:	biohazard111.JPG
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	402770

**The only Inflames-exlusive image that cannot be decisively pinpointed on the map is the one posted below. It might be a later version of the room titled "12 - North Canal," or alternatively, a corridor on Drains B1 that connects the L-Corridor with the RPD manhole used in Elza's scenario.

Name:	biohazard045.JPG
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	402774

**The room marked "7 - Upper Canal" is most likely the "Zombie Tunnel" based on the door placement and canal boundaries; this area is only seen in official media, as no Inflames-exclusive images exist that depict this room. Two versions of this room exist: the Capcom-Friendly-Club / Hyper-Playstation-Remix version (earlier) and the Complete Disc version (later).

Name:	Sewer_hall04_03.png
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	402772Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall04_04.png
Views:	3
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	402776 (early Era-5)

Name:	Sewer_hall03_01.png
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	402771Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer_hall03_02.png
Views:	3
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	402775 (late Era-5)

**No images of any kind exist for the two-tiered central pool (analogous to the room featuring a rotating hydraulic bridge in RE2).
        Last edited by Enigmatism415; 03-19-2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Ironically enough, the sewers is actually one of the few areas in the game where you can get a pretty good idea of how you're supposed to go through it, even with just the map and a handful of key pictures.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 03-18-2013, 09:46 PM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            We don't really know much about it, aside from the few areas that was showcased in the civilian Leon trailer and the "green" areas that were ripped from the 40% build. The ones shown in the trailer are theorized to have been either reworked into the green areas extracted from the 40% build, replaced with the era 4/5 sewers (L Passage/"brown" sewers) or were just deleted. Given the devs' history of overwritting obsolete data with newer ones, the former two options are more likely. The green areas present in the 40 build are likely to be just remnants of the era 2-3 sewers they haven't gotten around to overwriting yet. The file dates for the backgrounds should be confirmatory, but since the disk is "locked" we can't view them.

It's worth noting that one of "green" sewer rooms that was hacked by Dark Biohazard to work (Room 203 - L Tunnel 2) actually has had half of its backgrounds replaced with a different area. The area in the back in the "green" angle is a drop down ledge that loads the angles for the middle-left background, which appears to be a slightly older version of the "flood" corridor (all object placement matches up, only the textures and the wall vents were changed). There's supposed to be a stand-alone version of the flood corridor with darker lighting and pre-rendered doors that doesn't load the L Tunnel along with it, this is probably what eventually became that corridor. If this is any indication, the other green areas were probably gonna be eventually replaced as well.
            I find it quite interesting that they decided to rework the "green" sewer into the cleaner looking concrete one. In my opinion, the later version of the sewer looks far more bleak and samey, whereas at least the "green" versions have a bit of colour, and are a little reminiscent of the catacombs areas from RE1. That said, I don't know how exactly one can make a sewer of all places interesting, but I wonder why they chose to revise it for a more colourless version, instead of having something that at least wasn't all one colour (especially since they then claimed that many of 1.5's areas looked too boring). If the "green" areas were originally meant to be separate areas from the concrete areas (perhaps a different level), that would have gone some way towards breaking the monotony of every room being the same.

Also quite interesting that they chose to do greenish coloured sewers again in the retail RE2 instead of the concrete ones they replaced them with in 1.5. 1.5 was always constantly changing as if it had no definite direction.
            Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaia Revane View Post
              Also quite interesting that they chose to do greenish coloured sewers again in the retail RE2 instead of the concrete ones they replaced them with in 1.5. 1.5 was always constantly changing as if it had no definite direction.
              It's true that the RE2 Sewer brought back a bit of the grime from the early BH1.5 Sewer, but the retail RE2 Sewer is actually the direct descendent of the final BH1.5 Sewer; if you were to incorporate the Sewage Disposal Facility, nearly every important room has an analogous cousin.

Name:	Drains_Compare.png
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	402777

Comment

• Very true. If you think about it, most of the areas, situations and puzzles in 1.5 have analogues in retail RE2. Aside from the game's aesthetics and storyline, they didn't really change all that much. From what I've played of 1.5 myself and what you guys have speculated, a lot of the progression and actual gameplay was pretty much the same. The way in which the player progresses through the RPD, and the progression into the following areas is very similar.

The sewer segment does appear to have almost the exact same progression, but there are many other gameplay elements and motifs from 1.5 that I've found carried over into retail after playing through both of them. Here are some examples from the top of my head with the RPD:

- Retail's precinct keys are 1.5's card keys.
                - Player characters enter the RPD from opposite ends in each game.
                - Both games involve getting an item from an NPC who dies/turns into a zombie.
                - Both games involve finding a key item in the morgue and triggering a zombie attack.
                - Both games have zombie dogs escaping from the kennel and roaming around the basement level.
                - The library and shooting range puzzles are analogous to each other.
                - Both games seem to involve leaving the RPD for a brief incursion into the sewers, only to return later.
                - Both games have an NPC encountered in a jail cell.
                - Both games have an NPC encountered in the parking garage (in fact, even the circumstances around meeting Ada are similar; in 1.5 you save her from a burning van, in 2 you help her push the same van aside)
                - There are similar power room puzzles.
                - Zombies break into the lobby in much the same way as they break into the east and west 1F hallways in retail.

Along with many other things.

There are probably many analogues in the sewers along a similar vein. I always personally thought that the sewer draining puzzle in 1.5 turned into the platform elevating puzzle in the retail sewers.

EDIT: Straying away from the sewers for a second, has anyone else noticed that 1.5's save room theme and the factory interior theme have arranged versions of the Malformation of G in them? Looks like said theme was used as a general "1.5 theme" instead of just being specifically for Birkin. Also, I was listening to MAIN05 earlier today, and I noticed that it has parts of The Marshalling Yard Second Half mixed into it -- does anyone think this might be the song that plays when the zombies lay siege to the factory lobby (and attack Marvin)? It definitely seems like a "danger" analogue to the usual Marshalling Yard theme.
                Last edited by Gaia Revane; 03-19-2013, 02:34 AM.
                Obligatory signature ad for things I've made:

You can find out more at my website or Facebook

Comment

• And don't forget the RE15 stuff that turned up in RE3, either. The cutscene where Carlos has to shoot Murphy Seeker ("Kill me ... kill me!") smacks strongly of the John/Roy cutscene from RE15. The cutscene where Jill begs Carlos to kill her if necessary after she's infected is based directly on the RE2 beta 1 original of finding the wounded Marvin -- which is also based on an RE15 event. Let's also not forget the RE15 homages in RECV, either - like the conveyor belts in the Antarctic training facility, for instance. And so on, and so on ....
                  Last edited by RMandel; 03-19-2013, 06:26 AM.
                  Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                  Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    1.5 does seem to have a lot of replay value though, especially if there are different decisions to be made and different endings depending of the outcome of those decisions. Retail is very linear where as with 1.5 the player seems to have more control of where the scenario goes. The games seem very different in that respect.
                    That happens in RE1 and RE3, RE2 doesn`t need it because of its A/B system, wich already adds enough replay value. But 1.5 was a never finished product, Capcom probably planned the game to have different game courses depending of desicions, but I don`t think they implemented this, of course I may be wrong...
                    Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 03-19-2013, 08:28 AM.
                    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                      That happens in RE1 and RE3, RE2 doesn`t need it because of its A/B system, wich already adds enough replay value. But 1.5 was a never finished product, Capcom probably planned the game to have different game courses depending of desicions, but I don`t think they implemented this, of course I may be wrong...
                      Aren't their choices that determine whether characters live or die? It might have been assumption on some people's part that you can chose to either give or not give the vaccine to your partners, but I believe there are some choices that would effect the outcome of the game.

Comment

• Anybody by any chance know how the original gator battle played out? Also I like the whole escaping the flood concept it reminds me of the boulder chase from RE1 maybe that has to do with thr whole being too similar to the first game

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                          Anybody by any chance know how the original gator battle played out? Also I like the whole escaping the flood concept it reminds me of the boulder chase from RE1 maybe that has to do with thr whole being too similar to the first game
                          Although I don't know, looking at the room where it takes place I would guess that it was small gators and would've played out more like the fight in outbreak

Comment

• Originally posted by MeatSMurderer View Post
                            Although I don't know, looking at the room where it takes place I would guess that it was small gators and would've played out more like the fight in outbreak
                            Sadly its hard to tell since the one picture of the fight is such poor quality but its obvious its not nearly as huge as the one in retail. OH AND! Welcome to THIA

Here's the picture of the fight

Name:	bh2_elzasewer_02.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	402779
                            Last edited by Deathlygasm; 03-19-2013, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                              ^ Lol ...

Comment

• Please explain. Mod? Unlock?

Comment

Working...
                                X